Unable to diagnose M19 problem: Gas being blasted out after few rounds.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kempobmx1

kempobmx1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Cars

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:33 PM

About a year ago I bought an M19. It worked fine for about 2 months until the plastic rocket valve snapped. This was no big deal as I just went and bought this: Surgeon Floating Valve. After that the gun worked fine for another 2 or 3 months and then my problem started.

At first what happened is I could still shoot very slowly (one shot every 5-10 seconds) and it would work fine, but if I shot rapidly, even a few double taps, the gun would suddenly blast all the gas in the mag out the barrel after a few rounds. As time went on the problem got to the point that even slow shooting resulted in this problem after 2-5 rounds and the gun became unusable. When the problem started, and many times after that, I disassembled the gun to try and diagnose the problem and I couldn't. As best I can tell it would seem that, based on the symptom, the valve is not being pushed forward by the gas flow and therefore all the gas is just escaping in one shot. The problem is I could not find any reason why this would be happening.

Anyway I shelved the gun for about 6 months and then decided to grab another one when I heard they were about to leave the market. The gun worked for a month or so and today it started up with the same problem. I've tried using a replacement stock rocket valve, purchased in the ProShop. I've also tried the Firefly rocket valve to no avail. Any advise as to where to go from here would be very helpful as I would hate to have both M19s become display pieces, especially since when they work they are amazing.

Edited by kempobmx1, 06 October 2008 - 05:50 PM.

#2 some_guy22

some_guy22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

Could be a worn mag catch, this will cause all kinds of problems with the cycling. Try pushing up the magazine then firing.

#3 kempobmx1

kempobmx1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Cars

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

I've tried that, it didn't work. It's definitely something internal. Thanks for the response though.

#4 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:40 PM

Ok there are three possible issues.

1. Worn out Sear #87 or Hammer #94
2. Impact Block #78 broke
3. Mag release valve #216 worn out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users