3 replies to this topic

#1 SirJinks

SirJinks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

Hi everyone

I'm in the UK and the sites I use for CQB all have a site limit of 1 joule (328 fps with .2 bb). I can get a KWA MP7A1 (I believe its the US version) imported cheaper than I can buy a KSC MP7A1 domestically but obviously the high fps is a problem. I understand the only way to reduce the power is to use HFC134a gas and install an RA Tech NPAS kit. Can anyone say how much this is likely to reduce fps by? I'd hate to make my purchases and still find its too hot to use.

Many thanks

#2 Gun487

Gun487

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

Well Hfc134a would lower the fps, how much I would not know, but the NPAS kit allows you to adjust your FPS. It should be able to adjust from anywhere between 200 can 500 fps. You would have to have a chrono handy to know when your hitting the 330 mark. This would be with green gas/propane.

#3 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

KWA mp7 still shoots 375 FPS + with HFC 134 you will get 300-320 FPS. HFC sucks, I rather just change the whole valve thing to RA TECH NPAS kit, but then again NPAS kit is not for everyone. If you don't know how to open your bolt system, don't bother with the NPAS kit you might just loose or break the screws then you'll have a hard time getting the parts.

#4 Jeremy314

Jeremy314

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Scifi, anime, airsoft, PS3 gaming

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

Unless RA Tech has come out with the MP7 NPAS Version 2 (not sure as I haven't found a V2 of anything but the WE SCAR one which I will be getting soon...) I would wait it out for a bit longer as the V1s had problems breaking and whatnot. I know with the SCAR one, it adjusts from like 150ish to 500ish so I'd assume it's close to the same with the MP7 version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users