maximum lipo thickness/height to fit in m4 fore-grip?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hugh_b

hugh_b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

Hey guy's, i have a kwa m4 on the way and have bought an 11.1v flight power 2100mah lipo thinking it will fit however i have since found that the battery is actually 23mm in thickness/height and a normal 8.4/9.6v mini is actually 18mm.Could any one tell me the distance between the outer barrel and the inner edge of the fore-grip on the kwa m4? If not could someone tell me what size in thickness lipo's are they running or what is the largest that can fit in the fore-grip?
I don't really want to mod the grip or replace with oversize grips but it looks like i may have too!

thanks-Hugh

#2 nlangevin

nlangevin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:18 AM

If you trying to save money by finding some no-name please don't.  I did the same and ended up spending more money and getting frustrated.... my 2cents, if you care is stick with what has been tested.  This forum is one of the reasons I continue to buy KWA products.

Look at Batteries section:
http://www.kwausa.co...hp?showtopic=45

I know I didn't answer your questions:

#3 hugh_b

hugh_b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:20 AM

View Postnlangevin, on Oct 2 2008, 06:18 PM, said:

If you trying to save money by finding some no-name please don't.  I did the same and ended up spending more money and getting frustrated.... my 2cents, if you care is stick with what has been tested.  This forum is one of the reasons I continue to buy KWA products.

Look at Batteries section:
http://www.kwausa.co...hp?showtopic=45

I know I didn't answer your questions:

No No, i haven't cut corners, the battery i have bought is one of the best for rc racing and flight applications so i haven't skimped on any of the set-up. thanks-Hugh

#4 kempobmx1

kempobmx1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Cars

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

Flight Power LiPos are definitely some of the best quality LiPos you can get. I had one of these until I got a PEQII and started using a different one: 11.1v FlightPower 800mAh. Unless you're planning on running a box mag and using your M4 as a support weapon you'll be fine with an 800mAh LiPo. I've never run that battery out so I can't tell you exactly how many rounds it will get but I've used it for 1200 rounds before charging it and it was still running strong.

#5 triple b

triple b

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:37 AM

you can put classic army handguards on the foregrip they are just a little bit wider and oval shaped and will fit a bigger battery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users