• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hugh_b

hugh_b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:02 AM

Hey guy's, going to pick up my kwa m4 tomorrow and have been to the model shop looking at li-po's! The last kwa m4 i had i ran on 9.6v 2200mah nun chucks and they were nice but i thought as this is meant to run on lipo's i should give them a go!

Basically my local model shops sells flight power li-po's, spec of the battery i quite like are as follows:

"FLIGHTPOWER EVOLITE-V2-21003S 11.1V 20C 42A CONTINUOUS, 30C 63A BURSTS, DIMENSIONS:21MM/34MM/113MM
WEIGHT: 158G"

Now from the equations i have worked out that this gives way to many amps out, but as infected says in his li-po articles the motor will only draw what it needs so surely this should be fine? I only ask as i have seen some say that i will need a 15c 1600mah max but others say more is fine as it will only take what it needs. Could some one please help me out on this? thanks-Hugh

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

30C 63A is too high on the output.  They are design for RC Plane.

#3 Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:09 PM

View Posthugh_b, on Oct 1 2008, 08:02 AM, said:

Hey guy's, going to pick up my kwa m4 tomorrow and have been to the model shop looking at li-po's! The last kwa m4 i had i ran on 9.6v 2200mah nun chucks and they were nice but i thought as this is meant to run on lipo's i should give them a go!

Basically my local model shops sells flight power li-po's, spec of the battery i quite like are as follows:

"FLIGHTPOWER EVOLITE-V2-21003S 11.1V 20C 42A CONTINUOUS, 30C 63A BURSTS, DIMENSIONS:21MM/34MM/113MM
WEIGHT: 158G"

Now from the equations i have worked out that this gives way to many amps out, but as infected says in his li-po articles the motor will only draw what it needs so surely this should be fine? I only ask as i have seen some say that i will need a 15c 1600mah max but others say more is fine as it will only take what it needs. Could some one please help me out on this? thanks-Hugh

I have been running a 30c for months now. The height of the battery you picked might not fit but the amps is not an issue. I have the M4 Tactical and had to file and cut a little to get a 19mm to fit up front.

#4 hugh_b

hugh_b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:05 AM

View PostBlacssr@bellsouth.net, on Oct 2 2008, 03:09 AM, said:

I have been running a 30c for months now. The height of the battery you picked might not fit but the amps is not an issue. I have the M4 Tactical and had to file and cut a little to get a 19mm to fit up front.

Thanks for that, yeah i've been told that within reason the continuous amp output doesn't matter as the motor will only draw what it needs.

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

FYI, there is a spec of 18Amp continous draw on the KWA M4 page.  If you exceed that and cause the gears to strip.  I'll personally mark down your gun WARRANTY VOID!!

You heard my warning.  ;)

#6 rdlu62

rdlu62

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

You'd be fine. Your gun will only draw as much current as it needs from the source, which is the battery. Actually you're much better off because your battery has more than enough juice to give when the gun asks for it.

#7 Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

Thanks MOM! Gears are $ 65.00 or so and about 40 minutes to change. No big deal. The KWA gears can take the pounding. I put over 30K rounds through them and they look perfect. I just put in the AB mosfet and the gears looked brand new.

Edited by Blacssr@bellsouth.net, 03 October 2008 - 06:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users