Jump to content


What is the correct allen wrench size for the Magazine Catch Screw


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:11 AM

http://store.kwausa....nscrew-1-1.aspx

The smallest I have is a 1.5mm and it's too big.  I've tried a T5 and T6 Torx screw but that'll just strip the screw head.  

Is this a non-metric screw?  If so, WHY???

#2 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:30 AM

View PostDoctor Kajita, on Sep 29 2008, 12:11 PM, said:

http://store.kwausa....nscrew-1-1.aspx

The smallest I have is a 1.5mm and it's too big.  I've tried a T5 and T6 Torx screw but that'll just strip the screw head.  

Is this a non-metric screw?  If so, WHY???

Called Tech Support.  It's a 1.30mm.  WHY???

I'm going to try to slot it with a flathead and hope I don't damage it too much...

#3 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:28 PM

View PostDoctor Kajita, on Sep 29 2008, 02:30 PM, said:

Called Tech Support.  It's a 1.30mm.  WHY???

I'm going to try to slot it with a flathead and hope I don't damage it too much...

Sadly enough, my $130 DBOY m4 came with the right allen wrench and my $300 KWA KM-4a1 didn't. I don't get it!

I reccommend it. In fact, I'm putting that in the 2009 suggestion list...

#4 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

View Postbrooklyn468, on Sep 29 2008, 05:28 PM, said:

Sadly enough, my $130 DBOY m4 came with the right allen wrench and my $300 KWA KM-4a1 didn't. I don't get it!

I reccommend it. In fact, I'm putting that in the 2009 suggestion list...

Yeah, it would be a good idea...

I was able to use a small flathead to unscrew it without problem, but still.

#5 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:19 PM

View PostDoctor Kajita, on Sep 29 2008, 10:08 PM, said:

Yeah, it would be a good idea...

I was able to use a small flathead to unscrew it without problem, but still.

I know! what a pain. They should come with these tools.

#6 threadkill

threadkill

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:27 AM

My standard measure (ANSI) hex wrench set has a .050 inch as the smallest. This fit the catch screw perfectly.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users