DIY Forum now in service

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Alright, I know we have been dragging this for a long time but I've finally kick myself in the rear to make this forum.  

This is where we post our OFFICIAL respond on How to do (Fill in Blank) on our products.  

Most posts will be in video format and some will be in pictures only.  If you have any request, suggestion of even if you want to submit your DIY please let us know.

Cheers...

#2 Garb

Garb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:27 PM

View Postallizard, on 14 July 2010 - 01:39 PM, said:

Alright, I know we have been dragging this for a long time but I've finally kick myself in the rear to make this forum.  

This is where we post our OFFICIAL respond on How to do (Fill in Blank) on our products.  

Most posts will be in video format and some will be in pictures only.  If you have any request, suggestion of even if you want to submit your DIY please let us know.

Cheers...
ok!

#3 ThrasherJKL

ThrasherJKL

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:03 PM

where may we request a "how to"? first request will be advanced maintenance on the discontinued m17 and m18 series! =D wishful thinking at least =P
And come to think of it... the Magpul FPG series uses that system from what i understand... could be useful!!! ;P

Edited by ThrasherJKL, 22 July 2010 - 08:57 PM.

#4 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

We will not be able to use that series of pistols for the advanced maintenance portion of this series but you will be able to follow what we do with other models and take it from there.
You can request the lessons here, that works.

#5 Exibit

Exibit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:24 AM

Hey guys

I own an KWA SR10 - How about a maintainance video on AEG

Also what about more video's in regards to upgrading or downgrading the spring

Removing the gear box ect..

I know you guys are real busy bring the Airsoft market fantastic products but it would be great if you updated the DIY sections with 1 video or guide per month ??

Edited by Exibit, 25 August 2010 - 02:25 AM.

#6 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:59 AM

AEG's are on the "to do list" for sure. The first one we will post will most likely be "AEG Break-in Period" which will discuss the break in and cleaning needed when the AEG is brand new. We will then likely move on to removing the gearbox and other steps but that information is also all over the internet, so we are going to concentrate on KWA specific needs first and go from there.
We will try getting up a few every month if things go as planned and as Summer winds down. Thanks for the suggestions!  :thumbsup:

#7 SVT Cobra

SVT Cobra

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

I am definitely interested in a gearbox re-greasing procedure that includes the recommended lubricants and the appropriate quantities of each. Also a recommended on how often the gearbox should be re-lubricated would be great! Thanks.

#8 MatthewTyson

MatthewTyson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

The pistol videos were great, but a similar video for the KMP9 that points out the problematic cleaning spots in the "right out of the box" state would be awesome, along with the "right amount of silicon oil" for the o-rings and such.

edit: In retrospect, once I figure out how to dismantle it properly, I might just submit my own video for this if yall don't do it first. I expect to have the gun in my hands some time next week once I order it later this week.

Edited by MatthewTyson, 27 September 2010 - 07:26 AM.

#9 BigBabyMoses06

BigBabyMoses06

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

Looking for a guide or picture confirmation on how to put back together a V2 gearbox. Ive seen them all over the web, but im trying to trouble shoot my feeding problems.

This is what it is supposed to look like, correct? The sector chip at the 1 o'clock position?
Posted Image

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

View PostBigBabyMoses06, on 20 October 2010 - 10:36 PM, said:

Looking for a guide or picture confirmation on how to put back together a V2 gearbox. Ive seen them all over the web, but im trying to trouble shoot my feeding problems.

This is what it is supposed to look like, correct? The sector chip at the 1 o'clock position?
Posted Image
To me it looks like the sector gear is rotated too far CCW towards 12 o'clock.  First, the sector clip is a brass cam that is inserted over the tappet notch on the sector gear.  The "clip" is not shown in the CA GB that you have in the picture (You are showing the tappet notch), needs to rest against or slightly in front of the end of the tappet plate.  This picture shows the notch on the sector gear slightly under the tappet plate.  It's only off a little but it needs to be fixed.

:gun:

#11 BigBabyMoses06

BigBabyMoses06

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:29 PM

View Postgcw360, on 21 October 2010 - 04:45 PM, said:

To me it looks like the sector gear is rotated too far CCW towards 12 o'clock.  First, the sector clip is a brass cam that is inserted over the tappet notch on the sector gear.  The "clip" is not shown in the CA GB that you have in the picture (You are showing the tappet notch), needs to rest against or slightly in front of the end of the tappet plate.  This picture shows the notch on the sector gear slightly under the tappet plate.  It's only off a little but it needs to be fixed.

:gun:

<3 Thanks! I reinstalled the sector clip, just needed clarification. Thanks!

#12 abdgloria

abdgloria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

How do you change the feeding nozzle in a KWA M9 Tactical PTP?

#13 808Kameleon

808Kameleon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

I have a KWA M4 SR10.  I wish to make a active, fully functionable ambidexterous selector switch.  Anyone out there did this already?

#14 Patches418

Patches418

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Airsoft, Firearms, Japanese, Travel, Fishing,...

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

I need to install a new hop up rubber in my M226 but the parts diagram isn't clear enough on how to go about it. I would like to know how to do this but there isn't a guide on how to do this yet(I have looked around).

#15 alfredyoung

alfredyoung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hey, I own a KWA LM4, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the barrel extenison on it. I've removed the front sight, flash hider and everything, but i cant seen to loosen the barrel at all. I even heated it up with a hair dryer where the threads are but it won't even budge. I'm not sure if its glued on or what, but if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

#16 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

View Postalfredyoung, on 03 July 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Hey, I own a KWA LM4, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the barrel extenison on it. I've removed the front sight, flash hider and everything, but i cant seen to loosen the barrel at all. I even heated it up with a hair dryer where the threads are but it won't even budge. I'm not sure if its glued on or what, but if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Are you trying to spin it off ccw?

Sent from my DROID2

#17 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

View Postalfredyoung, on 03 July 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

A hair dryer is probably not hot enough.  You need a Heat gun and turn CCW to remove, which begs the question, once you remove it what are you going to do?

#18 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

View Postgcw360, on 04 July 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

A hair dryer is probably not hot enough.  You need a Heat gun and turn CCW to remove, which begs the question, once you remove it what are you going to do?
Even though his barrel extension is now off, I wanted to clarify that you need to turn the extension right to loosen (CW). Turning left (CCW) will tighten it on these barrel extension threads. I didn't need to use heat to get the extension off either.

#19 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 04 July 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Even though his barrel extension is now off, I wanted to clarify that you need to turn the extension right to loosen (CW). Turning left (CCW) will tighten it on these barrel extension threads. I didn't need to use heat to get the extension off either.
Thank you for the correction regarding the two piece outer barrel Outlaw.  I was basing the CW thread, CCW to remove, statement on the 2 piece outer barrel of the M4 series.  I assumed the LM4 had the same.  Good catch.

#20 McGilli

McGilli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

I have created and posted a KWA M93R DIY thread over at

http://www.airsoftfo...-T-t254806.html

If it is appropriate for this forum please let me know, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users