• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

Ok, so the other day I was playing airsoft and I slipped while climbing out of a steep and muddy riverbank and I fell on my holstered MP7A1 I did not get mud in any of the internals(thank god) but mud got all over my rear sight and the butt plate on my sliding stock. Some mud got into the guides for the sliding stock also. I had to take the bolt out to clean everything. I found that on my rear sight and the two metal slides had some of the finish worn off. It doesn't look that bad but I still would like to repair the finish because so the gun still looks pristine just the way I like.

So I need some touch-up paint so I can keep my MP7A1 looking like new. I would like to know if the pro-shop carries touch-up paint or if there is any paint that I could go out and buy to repair the scratches on the finish of some of the metal parts.
So How can I fix my little problem?

Edited by Vamp2269, 13 July 2010 - 01:15 PM.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

View PostVamp2269, on 13 July 2010 - 01:13 PM, said:

Ok, so the other day I was playing airsoft and I slipped while climbing out of a steep and muddy riverbank and I fell on my holstered MP7A1 I did not get mud in any of the internals(thank god) but mud got all over my rear sight and the butt plate on my sliding stock. Some mud got into the guides for the sliding stock also. I had to take the bolt out to clean everything. I found that on my rear sight and the two metal slides had some of the finish worn off. It doesn't look that bad but I still would like to repair the finish because so the gun still looks pristine just the way I like.

So I need some touch-up paint so I can keep my MP7A1 looking like new. I would like to know if the pro-shop carries touch-up paint or if there is any paint that I could go out and buy to repair the scratches on the finish of some of the metal parts.
So How can I fix my little problem?
I have 2 fixes

1. Krylon - lightly apply rattlecan on parts

2. Mentality fix -  It's a gun, a battle implement. One outing and they get dirty and they get messed up.  If you want a "Hero" picture model, you buy a spare one and keep it in a shiny box on a marble pedestal.

#3 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 13 July 2010 - 01:26 PM, said:

I have 2 fixes

1. Krylon - lightly apply rattlecan on parts

2. Mentality fix -  It's a gun, a battle implement. One outing and they get dirty and they get messed up.  If you want a "Hero" picture model, you buy a spare one and keep it in a shiny box on a marble pedestal.

But what Type of paint should I use, you just gave me a brand? I might not fix it now but if after a while the finish gets really worn down I would like to know what matching paint type and shade to use.

#4 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

I think its better if you use primer first then use krylon...

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

I don't think the krylon route is a good one, it adds unnecessary material to your parts that will just flake off.

-in a similar note. I'm going to start the KWA BATTLE SCAR THREAD

#6 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

View PostSpiggy, on 13 July 2010 - 10:56 PM, said:

I don't think the krylon route is a good one, it adds unnecessary material to your parts that will just flake off.

-in a similar note. I'm going to start the KWA BATTLE SCAR THREAD

Well I guess I shouldn't worry about a few scratches on the finish of some metal parts on my MP7. It is going to get scratched up eventually anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users