• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 WarrenGevers2

WarrenGevers2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

My KWA(KSC) KP45 has had some problems. The Alen Key screw in the gas chamber area of the slide keeps coming loose and causing it to shoot in FULL AUTO, the gun jams VERY often, even though I properly lubricate the gun and store it in an aluminum foam padded case. It is cared for like a child and keeps coming up with problems. The problems I have though, most are fixable in a couple of minutes. ALTHOUGH, now I am faced with a very costly and even more frequent problem: The little notch on the slide stop that catches the slide, keeps snapping off and needing to be replaced. After a little inspecting I noticed two factors:

1. The slide reaches a farther back place than the notch on the slide can catch the slide stop every time it shoots, and then it falls into place on the slide stop after going forward. This is the same and is DESIGNED to happen on all the KP45's. It is what allows the slide to catch. But, because of this, the slide actually hits the notch like a hammer every time it catches on the last shot, causing it to weaken and weaken the notch with every catch.

2. Another factor is the fact that the slide stop's little notch that catches the slide, seems to be welded on, not as a solid on piece this I discovered after looking at the broken slide stops stripped face. The place where the notch lies, and now has been taken off by the slides forward momentum, is actually indented quite noticeably, as if it is attached later. This is not for sure, but has been seen to be true on ALL of the broken Slide Stops.

There are pictures of the notch I have been talking about attached and you can watch a full video I made on the problem here:

Attached File  KP45181.jpg   13.61K   7 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users