• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SDuna

SDuna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:05 PM

I've owned the M93R NS2 for about a year now and here's something i noticed amongst the 3 magazines I have.  The first one I received had an initial leak which I fixed when I took apart the magazine and re-lubricated the seals.  The other two work flawlessly; I have never had a leak from them and I can get about 1.5 - 2 mags worth of shots out if I fire in semi auto at a paced rate.  However, the first mag, even after re-lubricating the seals, cannot fire an entire mag.  I can maybe fire about 10 - 15 shots before the gas runs out.  I have checked for leaks by listening for the leaks at the various valves and release ports and can't hear anything definite.  Anyone have any ideas to why the other two mags function perfectly while the first one does not?

NOTE: The fill valve o-ring actually fell out of the first mag which I then replaced with a nitrile -002 BN70 o-ring.  They were just a little bit tight fit to get in but comparing them to the o-rings in the fill valves of the other two mags they are approximately the same diameter and thickness.

Edited by SDuna, 30 June 2010 - 10:30 PM.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

have you done the water test?

remove the floor plate and follower parts, fill up the mag and put it in a container of lightly soapy water(like a drop of dish detergent in it) and see if you can spot bubbles.  That will indicate a leak.

#3 SDuna

SDuna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

I just ran the test today, and it's the exact same result.  The mags show no signs of leaks so at this point I would think there might be a problem with the gas release valve or somehow the slide has too much friction and thus is causing too much loss of gas to move the slide.  Though if the slide was the problem then it would technically affect all the mags wouldn't it?...

Edited by SDuna, 30 June 2010 - 10:56 PM.

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:32 PM

;)

well Dr. House, we just found what it isn't.  Lets see if we can find out what it is.

Do you have a spare fill valve and release valve?

#5 SDuna

SDuna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

Nope.  I can pick up some spares from the parts shop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users