11 replies to this topic

#1 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:45 AM

I have to cock the gun twice to function (fire the BB).

Edited by cjboi, 15 June 2010 - 11:17 AM.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

check the magazine feed lip.

#3 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

the magazine is ok I have two extra magazines, from my old KWA mp7. Tiger help me out already with this. The striker tip of the bolt carrier is too short (not molded right). I ordered a stock bolt carrier from KSC anyways, I contacted KWA but they're out of stock. Thanks for the help anyways

#4 RolfHarris

RolfHarris

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 23 June 2010 - 12:36 PM, said:

check the magazine feed lip.

Spiggy
I have one of my mags that causes's me to "Double charge" my MP7, seems as a Bur is on the top of the Magazine feed lip, as Im loading BB's into the mag every BB gets stuck in the loading hole.. Is this the same problem you are referring too? I have a total of 5 KWA mags and only one causes me to have to double charge some times.

Cheers
Rolfy

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

^ that is correct.  You generally see these when magazines are dropped on the feed lip, but it's possible one slipped past machining and has a burr.  This kind of problem is usually easily solved with a light touch of an exacto knife.

#6 n_sandstrom

n_sandstrom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:45 AM

I have similar problem, happens with all of the mags I tried yet. It doesn't happen ever time though, mostly just after a magazine has been emptied of gas during shooting.

#7 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

^ is the magazine cold to the touch after you empty it?

#8 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

mine was because of this image below, the striker tip was not hitting the lever well enough to set it off.
Posted Image
this is the one that tiger was telling me, I have extra mags and i actually have to cock it twice to all the mags. Plus I wouldn't doubt it if my bolt was kind of deformed or molded wrong because its an aluminum bolt. Not a strong type of metal and lever that hits the striker tip is made of steel. Plus mine is made in Taiwan (KSC mp7 Taiwan version, alot of Taiwanese guns have cosmetic defects due to poor quality control. KWA has better quality guns than KSC IMO.

View PostRolfHarris, on 30 June 2010 - 02:28 PM, said:

Spiggy
I have one of my mags that causes's me to "Double charge" my MP7, seems as a Bur is on the top of the Magazine feed lip, as Im loading BB's into the mag every BB gets stuck in the loading hole.. Is this the same problem you are referring too? I have a total of 5 KWA mags and only one causes me to have to double charge some times.

Cheers
Rolfy

#9 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

do you have to scrape it of with the exacto knife??? maybe i should try this, ill let you guys know if it work on mine. Thanks

View PostSpiggy, on 30 June 2010 - 05:04 PM, said:

^ that is correct.  You generally see these when magazines are dropped on the feed lip, but it's possible one slipped past machining and has a burr.  This kind of problem is usually easily solved with a light touch of an exacto knife.

#10 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

disclaimer: I can't be held responsible if you destroy your magazine or injure yourself trying this.  

basically you try to pass a bb and look for where it drags, then lightly scrape the finish off the material.  You then mark the new "white" area with a colored sharpie and try to pass the bb again.

Usually one scrape fixes it, but this method only works if you have a feed lip problem.

#11 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

I just finished doing what you just said, I scraped some material off and now easier to put BB's in my mag. But its too bad it didn't fix my problem, tiger was right about the striker tip. Plus the BB's feeds in well in the barrel, I can see it from the inside when I cock the gun on my first try. Although, I noticed that the shape of my striker tip is not as round as my old KWA bolt carrier, its a bit scrapped off dunno how it happened. Thanks for the advice anyways, now I can easily put the BB's in the mag.  :thumbsup:

View PostSpiggy, on 01 July 2010 - 03:47 PM, said:

disclaimer: I can't be held responsible if you destroy your magazine or injure yourself trying this.  

basically you try to pass a bb and look for where it drags, then lightly scrape the finish off the material.  You then mark the new "white" area with a colored sharpie and try to pass the bb again.

Usually one scrape fixes it, but this method only works if you have a feed lip problem.

Edited by cjboi, 01 July 2010 - 04:17 PM.

#12 RolfHarris

RolfHarris

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

Fixed my one bad Mag!
Had a lip on the feed hole in the top of the mag, remove bur with a small round file.. Now can speed load mag and now loads the BB 1st time..
:clap:

Rolfy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users