• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Newbienice

Newbienice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

Hello, I have a problem with one of my KWA Mac11 NS2 version magazines.

I have had this airsoft gun for several months, and have been quite please, but recently it has been acting up. One of the magazines has, seemingly randomly, had internal parts come loose and rattle around. When this happens, the weapon still functions as normal, but obviously I don't want to tempt danger by continuing use if there is a faulty part. As the warranty had since expired, I disassembled the magazine to discover the problem.
There is a small metal tube that has come loose from the inner gas fill nozzle (this is referred to as part 135, 'Hi Cap Magazine Base'). The manual tells me that this is the 'Gas Expansion Tube' (part of part 135).

When it is disconnected, I put it back on and it seems to be on securely. I reassemble and everything works well. Then, later, sometimes that day, or sometimes the next week, it comes loose again. It has happened during firing as well as just when handling the magazine.

As I assume that the part is important, is there anything I can do to attach it more securely and permanently? What may be the cause of this?

Please don't suggest 'super glue' unless you're really sure that it won't damage internal functions/longevity of the gun. (I feel like it would be under a lot of stress in there, glue would shatter, send little glue fragments throughout my gun when fired.)

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

blue loctite.

extract the entire part, extract the valve so it doesn't get glued.  Then you use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol or acetone to clean the spot where the brass tube goes in.  then clean the face of the brass tube.  Apply some of the loctite with a q-tip and put the tube in.  I recommend pressing it in or tapping it with a rubber mallet.  Use your q-tip and clean out the inside (if possible) of any extra loctite.  

Let the loctite cure before reassembly.

#3 Newbienice

Newbienice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

Thank you, I will try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users