Jump to content


Types ofsilicone to use.


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 airsoftrambo

airsoftrambo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Airsoft, Football,Lacrosse,Friends,Girls,Video Games, and surfing

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

I understand that aerosol sprays will kill the hop up, so my qustion is what silicone to buy with the gun that will be safe?

#2 tiger

tiger

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philippines

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

Just don't lube the hop or make sure that no oil will get to the hop.

#3 cjboi

cjboi

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:CANADA

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

Dont use "aerosol" at all PERIOD!!! If you want your gun to last, Use pure silicone oil for all airsoft guns. You can buy pure silicone oil at any hobby stores, just ask for the 20 wt. ones, then buy a spray container if you prefer spraying it rather than putting certain drops of silicone oil. Pure silicone oil (20 wt.) is good for maintenance and for propane. Aerosol will make some rubber inflate (break). Hope this will help everyone :D

View Postairsoftrambo, on 19 May 2010 - 08:24 PM, said:

I understand that aerosol sprays will kill the hop up, so my qustion is what silicone to buy with the gun that will be safe?


#4 airsoftrambo

airsoftrambo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Airsoft, Football,Lacrosse,Friends,Girls,Video Games, and surfing

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

View Postcjboi, on 31 May 2010 - 02:52 PM, said:

Dont use "aerosol" at all PERIOD!!! If you want your gun to last, Use pure silicone oil for all airsoft guns. You can buy pure silicone oil at any hobby stores, just ask for the 20 wt. ones, then buy a spray container if you prefer spraying it rather than putting certain drops of silicone oil. Pure silicone oil (20 wt.) is good for maintenance and for propane. Aerosol will make some rubber inflate (break). Hope this will help everyone :D
Thank you!

#5 cjboi

cjboi

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:CANADA

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

Dont lube it with aerosol at all. when you lube the mag fill valve and the output valve and the valve release, It goes straight to the nozzle and the nozzle will spit the oil residue... Its just never good to spray it with AEROSOL, its not for toys like airsoft guns and RC toys.  

View Posttiger, on 19 May 2010 - 09:42 PM, said:

Just don't lube the hop or make sure that no oil will get to the hop.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users