How to remove flash hinder from the mp7?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

Im goin to have order an adaptor of the pro shop soon, I also would like a black flashider so I dont have to permanatly modify my original orange one, which could get me into trouble during transprtation.

Edited by Vamp2269, 17 May 2010 - 08:32 PM.

#22 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:20 PM

vernonreaper, on 17 May 2010 - 07:55 PM, said:

Hey guys, if i buy the thread adapter in the pro shop, how do i install it?
Do I first remove the flash hinder of the mp7?
Than i Screw with the thread adapter?
Im kinda of confuse with the negative and posive adapter. Do they mean negative as the female, and male as in positive thread?
So the clock wise thing, is counter clock wise means <--- and clock wise mean --->?

Righty tighty = clock wise. The opposite holds true for counter clockwise. After removing the MP7 flash hider, the adapter screws onto the clockwise outer barrel threads of the MP7 and then allows a 14mm counter clockwise (CCW) flash hider to be added. 14mm CCW flash hiders are standard for M4's. :gun:

#23 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:HOBBYHOLIC

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:13 PM

can hair blow dryers work?

#24 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

vernonreaper, on 21 May 2010 - 06:13 PM, said:

can hair blow dryers work?
Not hot enough. :gun:

#25 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

what does anti-clockwise mean?

#26 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

vernonreaper, on 22 May 2010 - 07:05 PM, said:

what does anti-clockwise mean?

Not clockwise/counter clockwise/the opposite of a clock/lefty tighty.

#27 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

Well there's a [barrel extension] that im interest and it's a anti-clock wise, so will it work for the adapter the one they have from the pro shop?

#28 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

vernonreaper, on 22 May 2010 - 07:37 PM, said:

Well there's a [barrel extension] that im interest and it's a anti-clock wise, so will it work for the adapter the one they have from the pro shop?

If it's 14mm ccw then it should.:gun:

#29 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:45 AM

Does water boiling works for removing the flash hinder?

#30 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

Today, I use my boiling water to remove my flash hinder. The water should be about 212F to 250F. After I see the bubbles i dip my flash hinder to the water. About 2 min I tried to unscrew it, but did not budge. I dip it again for another 3 minutes, (I used my pliers to remove the flash hinder) and the flash hinder start to deform and the metal was like getting softer. After using my strength i manage to remove it. The flash hinder was bend and lost a lot of orange paint. However, after cleaning my deform flash hinder it looked liked it been over ages.
Posted Image  
Posted Image
Now the flash hinder looks like is kicking a**!
Posted Image

Without the flash hinder, the mp7 looks featuristic.
Posted Image

Here i bought the adaptor from da pro shop.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 RolfHarris

RolfHarris

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:00 PM

vernonreaper, on 25 May 2010 - 08:19 PM, said:

Today, I use my boiling water to remove my flash hinder. The water should be about 212F to 250F. After I see the bubbles i dip my flash hinder to the water. About 2 min I tried to unscrew it, but did not budge. I dip it again for another 3 minutes, (I used my pliers to remove the flash hinder) and the flash hinder start to deform and the metal was like getting softer. After using my strength i manage to remove it. The flash hinder was bend and lost a lot of orange paint. However, after cleaning my deform flash hinder it looked liked it been over ages.
Posted Image  
Posted Image
Now the flash hinder looks like is kicking a**!
Posted Image

Without the flash hinder, the mp7 looks featuristic.
Posted Image

Here i bought the adaptor from da pro shop.
Posted Image
Posted Image

HI Guys

OK I need some help..
I attempting to remove my flash hider on my MP7 and used a good heat gun.
Heated the flash hider, went to turn counter clockwise and it's snapped off!
The flash hider has snapped off with just a small bit of the original 12mm thread adapter left.

What I need is to remove the end cover that go's over the hop adjuster, once that is removed I will be able to see the original 12mm thread adapter to get a good grip on it.
How much lock tight was used when they put the colored flash hiders on, this is ridiculously tight, and yes I do know the difference between clockwise and counter clockwise..

any suggestions?

thanks

Rolfy!

#32 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

ouch.  First foremost, the thread is positive, AKA regular clockwise.

How much of the flash hider broke off?

#33 RETleatherneck

RETleatherneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

I was lucky when I ordered Umarex KWA MP7 I got a surprise a KSC MP7A1 System7 instead.The Flash hider was screwed on so lose that I had to re-tighten it with my fingers.The Orange paint only covered the tip just barely.I removed the orange paint with finger polish remover.I will be ordering a adapter from the pro shop soon as I need to buy a orange flash hider just for transport. Southern CA Laws.
For anyone removing a Flash-hider that is glued on.
Never: Boil in water
       Place in microwave or Stove.
I've used a blow dryer in the past,just try and heat up the glue to soften it up.And better to use a Armor wrench if you have one,and if you do not have one buy one because they always come in handy.But pliers and vice grips can cause damage to your gun.You can also take a Eye dropper and put Finger nail polish in it so that you can place small drops into your Flash hider threads to loosen the Glue. Hope those tips help to prevent others from having a rough time removing glues on flash hiders.

Edited by RETleatherneck, 25 June 2010 - 07:46 PM.

#34 RolfHarris

RolfHarris

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

Problem Solved!!
Yes the threads are Regular not Left handed (Counter clock wise)
Got a good grip with some vice grips once turned the correct rotation came rite off, now have a 12mm to 14mm adapter with a regular black flash Hider,
Used this weekend gone, This gun kicks a**!! You wouldn't believe the amount of comments that I got from the noise this thing makes and the rate of fire is outstanding!

I purchased mine from Shorty USA collected them from my Grandmothers house in CA then flow them back with me to the UK!! Also have the KWA SR5 as well :) sweet

Rolfy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users