How to remove flash hinder from the mp7?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:HOBBYHOLIC

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:22 PM

Okay, i tried removing from gun pointed at my face, and tried to turn the flash hinder to the left. It wont budge. I also tried with the pliers and did not worked as well. How do you guys remove it?

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:04 PM

it's glued with locite.  Use a heat gun on the tip for a few minutes and try it again.

#3 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

well its a CW thread. try turning it the other direction. If that dosent work it might have been glued in, there have been new regulations that require orange flashiders to be glued in so your gun may be affected. I just wish KWA used a glue that is easy to remove for there other guns. I dont have an affected gun but i feel bad for the kids that do.

Anyway why do you guys at KWA need to use such strong glues like locktite. :thumbsdown:

Edited by Vamp2269, 12 May 2010 - 02:10 PM.

#4 willus

willus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

Interesting. My flashhider came off with no problem. I used a wrench and it came off and I attached the barrel adapter. It loosens in an anti-clockwise direction.

#5 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

View PostVamp2269, on 12 May 2010 - 02:08 PM, said:

well its a CW thread. try turning it the other direction. If that dosent work it might have been glued in, there have been new regulations that require orange flashiders to be glued in so your gun may be affected. I just wish KWA used a glue that is easy to remove for there other guns. I dont have an affected gun but i feel bad for the kids that do.

Anyway why do you guys at KWA need to use such strong glues like locktite. :thumbsdown:

The loctite they used can be removed erasily. It is red loctite that cant. I would say they do what they do because if they dont they will lose alot of money when the ATF seizes and destroys all their guns.

#6 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

Just to let you guys know, i'm not trying to hide my orange flash hinder, if i ever buy the adapter of 12mm to 14mm i will buy the [barrel extension] as well.

#7 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

Im just saying they could use a glue thats strong enough to pass the ATF but is easy enough to remove without the use of a heat gun or strong solvents.

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:49 AM

Customs, not ATF

:) MP7 isn't scary enough to be on the ATF's watch list

#9 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:05 PM

well make it doesnt realy matter the glue should be a little easier to remove.

#10 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:28 PM

View PostVamp2269, on 13 May 2010 - 12:05 PM, said:

well make it doesnt realy matter the glue should be a little easier to remove.

Easier said than done. If it is too easy and customs is able to remove it easily, we lose the entire shipment. So if we want to continue selling guns, we must follow the rules and make them tight.

#11 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

Oh i see now. Why countries like japan or europe does not require orange tip? does america citizen has too much real guns than any nation? if so.. that would suck, why does america has higher crime rate than any other country? mystery... I have seen walmart the pumping rifle, and those pumping rifle does not have orange tip, even the red ryder!!! wwhat gives!!

#12 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

View Postvernonreaper, on 13 May 2010 - 06:31 PM, said:

Oh i see now. Why countries like japan or europe does not require orange tip? does america citizen has too much real guns than any nation? if so.. that would suck, why does america has higher crime rate than any other country? mystery... I have seen walmart the pumping rifle, and those pumping rifle does not have orange tip, even the red ryder!!! wwhat gives!!

Some countries have specific restrictions such as maximum muzzle velocity and unrealistic coloring to distinguish them from actual firearms. USA federal law categorizes airsoft guns as toys and for importation into the United States the muzzle must be painted safety orange. In other countries airsoft replicas are classified as realistic imitation firearms or RIFs. The sale, manufacture or importation of RIFs are restricted to activities that are exempted or have been granted a defense by the Home Office under the Violent Criminal Reduction Act. I like my Second Amendment in America, I enjoy owning real firearms. Also America doesnt have the highest crime rate. The highest crime rate in the world is Bogota Colombia with 6400 murders per year with an 8 million population. BB guns are classified different than an airsoft gun therefore no need for an orange tip.

#13 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

Airsoft laws are different between countries.  We got the importation laws for the orange tip here in US while Japan or Asia doesn't have any.   The original purpose is to identity it's a fake gun.  However, bad guys have also known to wrap red tapes on real gun thinking cop might not shoot them.   So this law doesn't really help at all.  

Now as for Walmart pump action guns that shoot .177 cal BB are in a different category.  And I have a feeling they aren't IMPORTS.

Now this is where it really pisses me off with your last statement.  

does america citizen has too much real guns than any nation? if so.. that would suck, why does america has higher crime rate than any other country?
   :wtf:

Are you serious?!!  We don't have the highest crime rate than any other countries.  Have you actually compare the statistic with Russia, Colombia, Barzil and England... the list goes on.    In fact, violent crime rate in Texas is lower than California... why?  because here in CA we got stupid gun laws while in Texas are legal to open carry fire arms.  Makes you think twice if you decided to rob the guy in front of you doesn't it?  And speaking of England, they passed a law to ban all guns and their crime rate shot up after the ban is in affect.  Explain that so me how more guns in the hands of law abiding citizen result in more crimes.     :mad:

Edited by Shogo, 13 May 2010 - 07:04 PM.

#14 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

Now this is where it really pisses me off with your last statement.  
:wtf:
:mad:

Agreed

#15 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

Sorry about that :P. Come to think of it, Uk is about to restrict all guns even airsoft because of the M.A.G (mother agains guns) and other liberals activitist. Yes, they can't have full auto airsoft. I understand now. Least I learn something from u guys. :)

#16 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:04 AM

View Postvernonreaper, on 13 May 2010 - 10:44 PM, said:

Sorry about that :P. Come to think of it, Uk is about to restrict all guns even airsoft because of the M.A.G (mother agains guns) and other liberals activitist. Yes, they can't have full auto airsoft. I understand now. Least I learn something from u guys. :)

:) You dont like liberals either? I think we can be friends  :D

#17 Buruzia

Buruzia

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:57 AM

Mine came off fine i think...my cat was gnawing on it one day and i walk in, and she jumped and twisted it a bit.....

#18 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Well back to the topic, here's the reason why.

Posted Image
Adapter 12mm x 14mm = [barrel extension] 14mm
This picture is not mine got it from da internet.

Edited by vernonreaper, 15 May 2010 - 08:07 PM.

#19 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:35 AM

Looks exactly like mine except for the barrel extension.
By the way that's a KSC version.

Edited by tiger, 16 May 2010 - 06:37 AM.

#20 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

Hey guys, if i buy the thread adapter in the pro shop, how do i install it?
Do I first remove the flash hinder of the mp7?
Than i Screw with the thread adapter?
Im kinda of confuse with the negative and posive adapter. Do they mean negative as the female, and male as in positive thread?
So the clock wise thing, is counter clock wise means <--- and clock wise mean --->?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users