• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 seggington

seggington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

I received my new MP7 today, but there was no manual in the box.

I contacted the seller, Airsoft Outlet Northwest, and they told me that that was how they are shipping now.  They advised me to download it from your website, but I can't see it in the library, only the parts exploded view.

Can you provide a link or, preferably, send me one?

Also, there were a couple of concerns regarding the MP7.  The folding front grip is not as solid as I was led to believe from reviews.  There is a qood bit of play and it feels like it could easily break in the extended position if pulled backward even slightly.  Is this normal?

The other item was a disappointing flaw in the bottom of the body behind the pistol grip that looks as if it could be a moulding injection point, but is dimpled badly.  Is this normal, or a flaw?

Regards,

Simon C Eggington

#2 willus

willus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Here's the link MP7 manual
MP7 Manual

and parts diagram

parts

hope that helps.

#3 seggington

seggington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

Thanks Willus, that's great.

Can you tell me a couple of things?

Is the slight forward and back play in the folding front grip typical, or evidence of a problem?

Are the KSC Mags identical to the KWA ones?  I order a KWA one and received a KSC.  The KSC doesn't 'seat' as effortlessly as the KWA one, it takes a bit of authoritative push.

Thanks so much.

#4 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

Mag not seat properly?  

Is it related to this?!  
http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=2304

As for this...

Is the slight forward and back play in the folding front grip typical, or evidence of a problem?
I have no idea what you are talking about.

#5 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:55 AM

My front grip has a very slight wobble when open but nothing that is unacceptable for a plastic hinged grip.  I can comfortably swing the gun around by the grip and it never feels like it will break.  Mine also has no visible injection flaw behind the primary grip, maybe you could post some pictures of your concerns.

#6 seggington

seggington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:43 AM

View PostShogo, on 11 May 2010 - 10:46 PM, said:

Mag not seat properly?  

Is it related to this?!  
http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=2304

As for this...

I have no idea what you are talking about.

The magazine in question is a 40 round one. The question was whether the KSC I was mistakenly shipped was the same as the KWA that came with the MP7.

#7 willus

willus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:47 AM

View Postseggington, on 11 May 2010 - 09:30 PM, said:

Thanks Willus, that's great.

Can you tell me a couple of things?

Are the KSC Mags identical to the KWA ones?  I order a KWA one and received a KSC.  The KSC doesn't 'seat' as effortlessly as the KWA one, it takes a bit of authoritative push.

Thanks so much.

On the model I have with the foregrip down I have maybe 1-2mm of movement. It's very very slight but feel solid overall. I feel comfortable running around with it by the front grip.

I just have KWA boxed mags but I've read that the KSC Mags are identical.

I just checked the rest of my MP7 and have no flaws from injection molding. Looks clean. I'd call in to KWA and find out if they are shipping without manuals. Did it come with a warranty card?

Edited by willus, 12 May 2010 - 06:51 AM.

#8 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

the folding grip does wobble slightly on mine but i believe that is normal since it is a plastic hinge there will be a little play. If the flaw fropm the molding is bad enough you shouold try to get a replacement. I have a slight flaw on yhe underside of my gun but its just a blemish the size of a bb and im not worried about it.

#9 seggington

seggington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

View PostVamp2269, on 12 May 2010 - 12:47 PM, said:

the folding grip does wobble slightly on mine but i believe that is normal since it is a plastic hinge there will be a little play. If the flaw fropm the molding is bad enough you shouold try to get a replacement. I have a slight flaw on yhe underside of my gun but its just a blemish the size of a bb and im not worried about it.

Thanks Vamp, I appreciate the feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users