• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 defasturias

defasturias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

So I bought this gun the other day and members from another forum were soon sceptical about some features it has. Than I found this forum and THIS topic about counterfeited GBB M-series pistols and I began to worry.

Here are some pictures of my M17.

Box
Posted Image
Posted Image

Slide
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Magazine plate with no hole
Posted Image

Also, there was one major thing that bothered me. When I wanted to clean the existing lube off the gun and apply new one before first shoot, the existing lube was dirty. I wiped the gun with a white cloth and it came out brown. Also the paint inside the slide is pealing off so I thought I bought gun that was used before or used for demonstration in shop at least. But I am not so sure anymore..

Can you tell me wheter this is authentic KWA product or not? What should I do in case it is not?

Edited by defasturias, 07 May 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#2 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

View Postdefasturias, on 07 May 2010 - 04:42 PM, said:

So I bought this gun the other day and members from another forum were soon sceptical about some features it has. Than I found this forum and THIS topic about counterfeited GBB M-series pistols and I began to worry.

Here are some pictures of my M17.

Box
Posted Image
Posted Image

Slide
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Magazine plate with no hole
Posted Image

Also, there was one major thing that bothered me. When I wanted to clean the existing lube off the gun and apply new one before first shoot, the existing lube was dirty. I wiped the gun with a white cloth and it came out brown. Also the paint inside the slide is pealing off so I thought I bought gun that was used before or used for demonstration in shop at least. But I am not so sure anymore..

Can you tell me wheter this is authentic KWA product or not? What should I do in case it is not?

I cant tell you if its a KWA or not...but what I can tell you...Is the making of a Glock goes against the infringement rights of the Glock company which put rights to the image of the gun...the name...so on. KWA stopped making them because of this...There is some legit...USED ones and maybe a few that are still new in the box but they are rare...once one of the MODs, Techs, or Admins sees this they will be able to tell you if its KWA or not.

#3 defasturias

defasturias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:37 PM

One more thing. I removed the bbu unit. It has same look as the inner part of slide, I mean rough unewen metal. Than I looked at the top of the bbu unit ant it looks like it was sanded (obviously not by me since the paint it factory) and metal became so thin that it cracked. I dont believe KWA has such low quality.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 enigma

enigma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Doing what can't be done.

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:22 AM

View PostHitman07, on 07 May 2010 - 08:24 PM, said:

I cant tell you if its a KWA or not...but what I can tell you...Is the making of a Glock goes against the infringement rights of the Glock company which put rights to the image of the gun...the name...so on. KWA stopped making them because of this...There is some legit...USED ones and maybe a few that are still new in the box but they are rare...once one of the MODs, Techs, or Admins sees this they will be able to tell you if its KWA or not.

Remember that this is a ASG (ActionSportGames) version.
ASG has many trademark rights, that KWA doesn't have. And they do sell KWA Glocks in Europe.

I can't say for sure if this is counterfeit or not, but the box and the markings look as they should.

#5 defasturias

defasturias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

Enigma there is no trademarks on my ex M17. Also slide is made of bad material and bbu unit was factory sanded until it cracked. I took the gun back to the store and me and store owner checked the other M17's (also M18C') and they were all the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users