• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

It has the following upgrades:
PGC Slide
PGC Barrel
King Arms recoil spring
High-Flow Valve Installed

The issue that i have encountered is weird inconsistency and spewing of gas. The weird part is that with an empty mag in the gun it will fire with crisp blowback and lock the slide back for a good amount of shots. When loaded with bb's the shots are very inconsistent; sometimes it will shoot the bb with very weak blowback and then not chamber a round and shoot nothing with strong blowback, it will also randomly spew gas on every other shot, or even weak blowback every other shot and spewing every other shot and not loading every other round. I have stripped down the slide and inspected all the parts. The only part that i noticed could be the problem is part #20 which is a spring that is towards the back of the BBU attached to a lever piece. Vague, i know, but i can get a diagram picture if that will help. I have swapped out three different magazines and that does not change anything, so it can't be anything to do with the magazine. It has been sitting in its box for the past year or so. Most of the magazine and internal o-ring/seals were dry but i lubed them up accordingly.

Hopefully someone has experience this or can offer some suggestions to get this problem resolved.

#2 aafgra

aafgra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:45 AM

Do you use green gas or propane with adapter? If you use propane with no lubricating tip adapter the main valve could be sticking when the gun depresses it for each shot. I've had similar problems if use too much/too little lubrication. What type of oil/ silicone are you using?

Also the balls from the magazine lip aren't getting stuck below the loading hole are they? I experience ball jamming whether it be because my spring needs to be worn down or my bb delivery assembly gets wedged form poor lubrication of the delivery track inside the mag.

Edited by aafgra, 06 May 2010 - 09:53 AM.

#3 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:55 AM

Your sear, hammer, and transfer bar are due for replacement.  

That PGC slide is also eating away at those parts at a faster rate than the stock parts.

#4 Whudafxup

Whudafxup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:53 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 06 May 2010 - 09:55 AM, said:

Your sear, hammer, and transfer bar are due for replacement.  

That PGC slide is also eating away at those parts at a faster rate than the stock parts.

Spiggy, I will get you some pictures of the internals.

The Hammer itself looks to be in good condition and shows little wear.

*Also i am using green gas.

PICS:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The spring in the last picture is weaker compared to a friends M26, could that be my problem?

Edited by Whudafxup, 06 May 2010 - 02:06 PM.

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

have you checked the breech distance from the hammer assembly?

also, your parts show wear that will contribute to M-Series delinquency.

#6 Whudafxup

Whudafxup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:06 PM

I have not, how would I go about checking the distance? What should i be looking for?

The gun has seen little use, and has spent most of its time in its box.

Edited by Whudafxup, 06 May 2010 - 04:07 PM.

#7 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:24 AM

:P as of current rate, it's gonna spend more time there.

remove the plastic plate from the slide assembly, throw the slide together without the plate and see if you can eyeball the distance.  PGC slides are not drop-in and require hand filing and shimming. What you are looking for is hammer engagement with the disconnect portion of the transfer bar clicking into place.  The hammer should go back to firing position every cycle

#8 Whudafxup

Whudafxup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:43 AM

Could the problems with the gun be caused by a worn magazine catch?

I removed the base plate of the magazine and noticed with the slide locked back to the rear there is some vertical movement of the magazine inside the magwell. Not so much when the slide is in battery but more noticable with it locked back.

I will look into the breech distance from the hammer assembly also.

#9 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:34 AM

push and hold the magazine into the well and try shooting.  If it fixes the problem, then yes it's a catch issue.

#10 Whudafxup

Whudafxup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:18 PM

Just tested it while holding teh magazine into the magwell. Did not solve the issue :(

Guess next is checking the breech distance.

Any other suggestions are welcome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users