4 replies to this topic

#1 taaltrek

taaltrek

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

I just bought a KWA M9 PTP and I really love the way it feals, but it isn't very reliable right now. Sometimes, the slide doesn't go all the way forward and so when I pull the trigger I don't get a propper hammer strike and the gun misfires. I've lubricated the slide and put about 10 mags through the gun (I was thinking it might just need to break in, but that doesn't seem to be it). Do I need a stronger recoil spring? Any help would be appreciated, I'd rather not send it in for warranty service since I want to use the gun in about a week.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

Can you get a picture of your lanyard loop for me?

#3 taaltrek

taaltrek

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

will do, although I'm kind of curious why that will help

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

I noticed some technicians like to turn the lanyard loop around.  Couldn't figure out why until I caught one myself, the spring gets caught on the lip of the lanyard loop and gives it heavier tension.

While it makes the gun shoot harder, it also makes it not cycle completely.  

It's likely the very fast manufacturing let one slip and mimic the little mod.  The forward action becomes lethargic and doesn't go back into battery.   Also you want to clean out the oil.  Contrary to popular belief, oil is not the cure all for jamming and catching.

#5 taaltrek

taaltrek

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:23 PM

I'll check the lanyard loop and see if that helps. I did clean the gun out and use some Remington drilube on the slide (it basically coats it with teflon) and that seemed to help the problem some. It still occasionally jams, but not nearly as often

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users