#1 wake.joe

wake.joe

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

I've got two broken KWA M4 gearboxes.

Both of them are broken on the left side. The little "nub" that keeps the trigger connection from moving too far back, has broken off. On both of them.

The first one broke, and I didn't think much of it. But this makes two. This piece is broken by the release of the trigger, letting the connector slide back against the nub. I work at a local indoor arena (Portland Tactical Operation Center), and have no doubt that this is the work of using semi-auto exclusively.

These two gearboxes didn't last even a month a piece using semi-auto in this new environment, and I feel as though KWA should strengthen this part of their gearbox.

However, I'm left with two non-working, unfixable guns!

I'd like to order just those two pieces. I don't need a complete gearbox, or a whole shell. Just the two left side shells, and nothing more. Is there a specific person I need to talk to in order to grant this request?

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

View Postwake.joe, on Aug 27 2008, 07:51 PM, said:

I've got two broken KWA M4 gearboxes.

Both of them are broken on the left side. The little "nub" that keeps the trigger connection from moving too far back, has broken off. On both of them.

The first one broke, and I didn't think much of it. But this makes two. This piece is broken by the release of the trigger, letting the connector slide back against the nub. I work at a local indoor arena (Portland Tactical Operation Center), and have no doubt that this is the work of using semi-auto exclusively.

These two gearboxes didn't last even a month a piece using semi-auto in this new environment, and I feel as though KWA should strengthen this part of their gearbox.

However, I'm left with two non-working, unfixable guns!

I'd like to order just those two pieces. I don't need a complete gearbox, or a whole shell. Just the two left side shells, and nothing more. Is there a specific person I need to talk to in order to grant this request?

That is called a trigger post.  you must have lead tigger fingers... LOL.  Anyway, contact KWA RMA department.  We should have the shell for replacement.  And for the record, KWA is looking into improving the tigger post design at the moment.  Radix probably can fill you in a little bit more.

#3 wake.joe

wake.joe

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:43 AM

That's great news.  :D

I'll be the first one to upgrade to the new post.

#4 hugh_b

hugh_b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:45 AM

mine went just there too! However as i'm in the Uk the parts are a little slow to get hold of with postage etc so i modded it with a countersunk screw and nut, works a treat!

#5 wake.joe

wake.joe

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:54 AM

Yeah, I was considering using a screw too. Did you just tap the gearbox shell for the screw? I was gonna put a screw through it too, but the saftey selector plate on the backside is in the way of a screw head, so I was going to use a setscrew covered in loc-tite.

440 screw won't break nearly as quick as the little post. :D

#6 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:30 PM

There is a post on the forum form Golgo13 that shows how he jerry-rig a fix for the trigger post issue.  It seems to work very well.

http://www.kwausa.co...hp?showtopic=86

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users