• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Night Roamer

Night Roamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:35 PM

So I recently purchased a KWA MP7. I rarely have shot it but I took it to my local shop to get it chronoed. It is shooting 290-300fps with .25 bb's. Do they normally chrono this low? I think the next problem that I have will have something to do with it but I also noticed that the rocket valve on mine is a white abs plastic. My M11's both have metal ones and I also read in another thread that changing them will give a better FPS?

My next problem is when I took it out to test fire it the bb's go about 50 feet and make a sharp curve to the left. I know this is not normal and no matter what the hopup is set to it still does it. If I reset the bucking do you think that it will fix both of my problems?

Thanks for any help.

#2 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

Kwa MP7 US version is tailored to shoot around 350fps with .2g which would be in the ballpark of 300fps w/ .25g. They do have a white Nylon valve. Its not ABS.
But i dont know about your hopup problem and how to fix it. but Im sure others do so give this thread some time and youll have your answer.

#3 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

Alrighty  :clap:

First off Vamp is correct KWA USA version shoots 350-380 with .2g so with .25g you will get 300-330 and the joule will still be the same. I never look at FPS anymore because after purcahsing thousands of dollars of aisroft guns I have experienced that FPS doesnt relaly matter. Accuracy and consistency is what you want. Anyway back to topic. Again Vamp is correct the valve is not plastic it is nylon which is strong. You can change this to a rocket valve so I have heard and it will raise FPS 400-~. As far as the accuracy problem goes that you are getting heres what I would do...If you are using propane put 3 drops of silicon oil in the tank and fill the mag (dont need to do this if you have green gas) next make sure the barrel is clean get a torn piece of shirt and clean the inner barrel until shinning but dont go into the bucking you will damage it. If that doesnt work take the mag and sand the tips on the mag where the BB is pushed out make it to where the BB can fall out of the mag. You can consult Spiggy further on how to do this. If none of that works... :iiam:

#4 Night Roamer

Night Roamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

Word. Was just surprised when I got it chronoed.

The bb's have no problem rolling out of the mag.

The barrel is cleaned.

Anything else that might be a problem?

#5 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

What propellant are you using?

Physically check the bolt by removing it from gun...

If none of that...I guess something is wrong with the hop up...OH also you need to make sure you are actually adjusting the hop up you cant just turn it you should know if you are doing it right...

Other than that...No the gun must be defective...or I dont know

#6 Night Roamer

Night Roamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:53 PM

What should I look for when examining the bolt?

I am using green gas.

Believe me, I know how to adjust a hopup lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users