12 replies to this topic

#1 Boss Nobody

Boss Nobody

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

Hey guys hows it going.

I am going to be a KWA Mp7 owner soon. I just put my order in for a MP7 with 3 additional magazines, for a total of 4 mags, hopefully this will be enough to use a primary for a while.

Anyways onto business. I was wondering how does the threaded barrel adapter work or attach to the gun? Can anyone demonstrate how it fits onto the weapon? Does this simply slide over the current flash hider? Does the original flashhider have to be removed? Something need to be glued? I want to stick my Madbull Noveske KX3 onto this gun as soon as I get it.

Also when I first receive my gun is there anything I should do? Clean the gun? Apply lock tight? If so what should I do?

The barrel adapter in question is this one.
http://store.kwausa....eadadaptor.aspx

#2 galactica

galactica

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

why not just read the forum and learn about the gun?  The answers to all of your questions are right here, on the first page.

#3 Boss Nobody

Boss Nobody

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

I've been reading the forums. And I've haven't really seen much about the threaded barrel adapter. I read about a couple problems, blowback loosening some small parts or something. And I've noted a problem with the Magazine release thingy.

I've also read up on the propane vs green gas thread, but I honestly can't decide what to use. I think I'm going with propane but I don't know how to properly lube this gun. People suggest to use green gas cause it has silicon in it, but can't you mix silicon into propane? Also still wondering how to lubricate this gun cause I hear about the stories of swelling hop-up buckings and such.

I'll keep reading up on the forums. This is just alot to take in. Seems like way more work than keeping an AEG in working order, that's for sure.

#4 galactica

galactica

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

it is.  it's like keeping a tuned-up hemi going compared to charging up a Prius.

There's no threaded barrel.  It's already threaded, just get an adaptor as discussed in the thread adaptor topic.  Lube the rails on the bolt, not inside the bolt.  make sure the mags have some silicone in them now and again to keep the seals plumped.  At some point, something will break.  But it's a damn fine ride while you're on it.

#5 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:09 PM

Boss Nobody, on 29 April 2010 - 06:18 PM, said:

I've been reading the forums. And I've haven't really seen much about the threaded barrel adapter. I read about a couple problems, blowback loosening some small parts or something. And I've noted a problem with the Magazine release thingy.

I've also read up on the propane vs green gas thread, but I honestly can't decide what to use. I think I'm going with propane but I don't know how to properly lube this gun. People suggest to use green gas cause it has silicon in it, but can't you mix silicon into propane? Also still wondering how to lubricate this gun cause I hear about the stories of swelling hop-up buckings and such.

I'll keep reading up on the forums. This is just alot to take in. Seems like way more work than keeping an AEG in working order, that's for sure.

I have had my MP7 for almost a year so I have been threw alot with it.

Threaded adapter for [barrel extension] is not out yet KWA is making one

Screw on back of bolt is known to loosen

Hop up can swell if you use oil on it

Green gas is good but propane is better...(cheeper) add 3 drops into the tank every 500 shots

KWA MP7 requires maintence to keep in good working order but its worth it

youtube.com/danph77  check out my videos on it

ask me any questions if you ever need help

Welcome to the fourms!  :thumbsup:

P.S. When you get the gun take it out inspect the externals make sure all screws are tight and then field strip it and take the bolt out and inspect it make sure it looks normal and put a small amount of gun oil on your finger and wipe it over the bolt and moving parts of the gun. Get a jam rod and clean the barrel with a piece of torn shirt dont go through the hop up bucking though. Other than that. For first use 3 drops in propane tank and fill mags insert in gun and own whatever you shoot at. :)

^^^I do that will all my airsoft and real steal guns

Edited by Hitman07, 29 April 2010 - 07:15 PM.

#6 Paisley Pirate

Paisley Pirate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, sword fighting, computers, automobiles, STEAMPUNK

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:56 PM

Actually Hitman, he is looking at the one they have listed now... OP linked to it... and I may have to get one soon, since our mill is still down...

The flash hider on the gun unscrews and that part screws on. The original flash hider is 12cw (which is normal thread, lefty loosy, righty tighty) so be aware of that when attempting to remove it.

Then you screw on the new adapter. And then any 14ccw (backwards thread, or left handed thread) part (like your suppressor) onto the gun.

One thing to watch out for, when dealing with ccw/cw adapters, when you get it so tight, then it starts loosening the other way, so be ready for that. I recommend using a low strength threadlocker (I use fingernail polish) in very small quantity onto the threads, assemble, then let dry.  Then put on whatever accessory you want to install. This helps with the backing off issue.

Hope that paints a good enough picture for you in words.

#7 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Paisley Pirate, on 29 April 2010 - 08:56 PM, said:

Actually Hitman, he is looking at the one they have listed now... OP linked to it... and I may have to get one soon, since our mill is still down...

The flash hider on the gun unscrews and that part screws on. The original flash hider is 12cw (which is normal thread, lefty loosy, righty tighty) so be aware of that when attempting to remove it.

Then you screw on the new adapter. And then any 14ccw (backwards thread, or left handed thread) part (like your suppressor) onto the gun.

One thing to watch out for, when dealing with ccw/cw adapters, when you get it so tight, then it starts loosening the other way, so be ready for that. I recommend using a low strength threadlocker (I use fingernail polish) in very small quantity onto the threads, assemble, then let dry.  Then put on whatever accessory you want to install. This helps with the backing off issue.

Hope that paints a good enough picture for you in words.

Yea I noticed that...hmmm someone post a link to a [barrel extension] that looks good on it...id like to have one just for looks

#8 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:47 AM

I think I read the existing thread adapter (not KWA's) is a 14mm CW thread, not CCW?

#9 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:06 AM

it should be 12mm x 1 CW to 14mm x 1 CCW

I wanted CW so I can use all sorts of real parts, but that's counter intuitive when it comes to airsoft accessories.

#10 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

The one I made for mine is 12x1.0 CW to 14x1.0 CCW but I read in the other thread that the ready fighter thread adapter is 12x1.0 CW to 14x1.0 CW:

I received my ready fighter thread adapter and installed it. I will post a mini review, but as a short summary, it works and the design doesn't really matter considering u cant see it anyways when a barrel extension is installed, however, it is CW threaded

#11 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:43 AM

Ah, I thought we were still discussing the PolarStar one that was commissioned by KWA in OP's first link

#12 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:32 AM

LOL I guess you were, I was off in lala land.  :P

#13 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Are the new batch of MP7 coming have the flash hider glued on?!

Edited by Shogo, 30 April 2010 - 09:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users