Service Advisory - Loose motor terminal connectors

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

If your new gun suddenly stops firing and fuse is still intact.  You might have a loose connector.  One of the place to look in inside the motor grip.  Here is a video to show you how to tighten those terminals.

#2 W8 FO ME Y0

W8 FO ME Y0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

View Postallizard, on 21 April 2010 - 01:09 PM, said:

If your new gun suddenly stops firing and fuse is still intact.  You might have a loose connector.  One of the place to look in inside the motor grip.  Here is a video to show you how to tighten those terminals.

song is K-ON "DONT SAY LAZY"

#3 hellcat

hellcat

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Football, Nascar, Guns, cars/trucks, and of women in yoga pants!!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

this is what cured my m4 ris..........had the exact same problems.

#4 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hope you like the cheesy theme song... lol

#5 Mr.longbaugh

Mr.longbaugh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:52 PM

I expect performance royalties for that  :thumbsup:

#6 Tennett91

Tennett91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

my sr-10 wouldnt shoot every once in a while and then stopped shooting completely as id no battery was connected.  I krimped the terminals just like the video and it works like new now.  At first I krimped them too tight so be careful it was a pain to unkrimp it a litrle.. just try taking them off and putting them back on first and if that doesnt work try to slightly krimp them.  Good video.

my sr-10 wouldnt shoot every once in a while and then stopped shooting completely as id no battery was connected.  I krimped the terminals just like the video and it works like new now.  At first I krimped them too tight so be careful it was a pain to unkrimp it a litrle.. just try taking them off and putting them back on first and if that doesnt work try to slightly krimp them.  Good video.

#7 Tennett91

Tennett91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

^^ no clue how that posted twice sorry

#8 tagajolo

tagajolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

I have an M4 S system i bought it from airsoftgi bout a year ago I forgot about it until last December i saw it in my closet and start using it( testing firing in the back yard) at first it shoots and then it stops its dead  followed your instruction to to the  letter still dosen't shoot  i return it to the box and after 2 weeks i tried it again it shot a couple of round and its dead again check the fuse ok the wiring ok i am not sure this time what wrong with it, I also chk the motor its fine its like no electricity at all. I haven't open it up yet.. any advice , I have not skirmish this aeg yet no clue as to what the problem is. do u have any issues with trigger switch? i am thinking out of the box this might be the issue...

#9 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Have you checked for pinched wiring in the front?

#10 tagajolo

tagajolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:41 AM

yes I have check all the wiring i can see no bent or pinch wiring, and today it start firing again then its dead again i dont have any answer maybe time to start opening it up i will check the motor and its wiring again. for the last time.

NOTE I have four different kWa M4  and this one has that only problem. All the others have serve their master faithfully

Edited by tagajolo, 16 February 2011 - 10:43 AM.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,593 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

Check the metal connectors in the Tamiya plug itself.  Make sure they are making good contact when put together.
:gun:

#12 tagajolo

tagajolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

all that is needed to be check out on the outside has been chk any more suggestions.
I forgot to tell you guys  it dosen't shoot at semi....only at full auto...

Edited by tagajolo, 16 February 2011 - 03:24 PM.

#13 tagajolo

tagajolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

Have fixed my aeg the problem was not the motor connection but on one of the contacts on the trigger switch one was bent no biggie but factory defect installation just straightened it up cleaned the carbon that accumulated and good to go thanks to my friend for doing the tech work for me...LETS ROCK..

#14 808Kameleon

808Kameleon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

My problem was worst than suggested here.  Fuse was OK, not blown.  Had contact on the switch, contacts was OK. Tested the trigger switch using a volt meter.  I later found out the MOTOR chrome contact plate became loose.
  With battery connected and with the motor out of the hand grip, I pressed the trigger and held the motor, then rotated the gear with my fingers until I felt the motor wanted to start. (YES!  It IS dangerous doing this! I do NOT suggest anyone doing this!  I just happen to be experienced in doing this type of work.....) I turned the pinion gear a slight turn, then pressed the trigger.  The motor turned.  Release the trigger, motor stopped.  Pressed trigger again, motor did not turn.     :wtf:

So I examined the motor carefully while doing various test, and I did see that the plates was off on one side.  So I loosen the screw, moved the plate until it was flushed together with my thumbnail.  Tighten screw, and tested the motor a few times by pressing and releasing the trigger.  This time, the motor turned always.  

So, the problem was a loose screw on the motor itself!  I always believe "Made in Taiwan" was way better than "Made in China".  But this was a major setback to me personal belief!

#15 Airforceguy664

Airforceguy664

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Flying
    Airsoft
    Military
    Air Force
    F-15E's
    Outdoors
    Xbox

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

View Postallizard, on 21 April 2010 - 01:09 PM, said:

Hi, My name is Austin and I am new to the forums. I have always dreaded taking the base plate off of my pistol grip because I hate adjusting motor height.  For some reason I can never seem to get it right.  I have one simple question.  Assuming that my motor height is perfect, if I was to take off the base plate and not turn the set screw at all, would the motor height be the same after reinstalling the base plate?  Or would it need adjusting.

Btw sorry for replying to an ancient post.

Thanks

Edited by Airforceguy664, 05 August 2011 - 03:00 PM.

#16 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,593 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

Hi Austin, welcome to the Forum.  Assuming you reinstall the motor and wires correctly, and the screw in the base plate doesn't move, there is no reason to need to adjust the motor height.  

Hope this helps.  :gun:

#17 Airforceguy664

Airforceguy664

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Flying
    Airsoft
    Military
    Air Force
    F-15E's
    Outdoors
    Xbox

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

View Postgcw360, on 05 August 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

Hi Austin, welcome to the Forum.  Assuming you reinstall the motor and wires correctly, and the screw in the base plate doesn't move, there is no reason to need to adjust the motor height.  

Hope this helps.  :gun:

Awesome.  Thanks for the help.

#18 LcsFletcher

LcsFletcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

View PostAllizard, on 21 April 2010 - 01:09 PM, said:

Hello, So after having my gun stop working after I removed and put back on the base plate, I stumbled upon this video and I have one thing to say.... I lost that gold disk between the motor and screw you were talking about so is that why my gun has stopped working, if so where can I get another I cant seem to find it anywhere!

#19 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostLcsFletcher, on 24 February 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

Hello, So after having my gun stop working after I removed and put back on the base plate, I stumbled upon this video and I have one thing to say.... I lost that gold disk between the motor and screw you were talking about so is that why my gun has stopped working, if so where can I get another I cant seem to find it anywhere!

If you have purchased your KWA KM4 in the last year and it has a brass motor height adjustment screw it will not come with a motor base plate disk.  And even if it did and you have lost it, the disk is not a critical part that will cause your gun to stop firing.  All it will need would be to readjust the motor height for optimal performance.
When did you purchase your KWA KM4 and does it have the brass adjustment screw on the base plate?

#20 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,593 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Agreed.  If you have one of the newer motor grips, the motor spacer is like your appendix.....not needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users