• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Gant

Mike Gant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

I've had my KWA M11A1 NS2 for almost 6 months now and about a month ago I had to replace the hop up bucking because part of the cylinder shattered and tore it up. I ordered a new hop bucking and a new cylinder from KWA Parts Shop, which I've had in for about a month now and after occasional use, the bucking is already starting to rip again and my cylinder is fine. I've kept it properly lubricated, and i had the gun checked to make sure I installed the parts correctly but I am still having problems with my hop up bucking ripping. What is wrong?

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

What kind of gas are you using?!

#3 Mike Gant

Mike Gant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

Coleman propane. Would that create an issue?

#4 Hoediono

Hoediono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

I've had my M11A1 for about 2 years now, I love this gun but I have had my share of issues with it. Over time I noticed that my hop bucking has also started to rip, and my cylinder shattered too. I ordered the KWA replacement parts from Airsoft GI and fixed it myself. I am starting to notice that my hop up bucking is starting to rip again, I'm not sure why this is happening, but I also use Coleman propane. Since I use propane and not green gas, I make sure my gun is properly lubricated. Since we are both having the same issue, and doing the same thing, could someone clarify if using propane is causing excessive wear on the bucking. If not, what else might be the problem?

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

Propane has a tendency to cause excessive wear on parts in the gun. Perhaps I should copy/paste the big ol' explanation not to use propane? lol... Remember, I understand if you can't get green gas in your locale that's alright but keep in mind KWA guns were designed to run on green gas.

"KWA GBB guns are designed to run on Green gas. Any other gas such as propane will void your 45 day warranty. You can buy propane and use a propane adapter with silicon oil to run your gun AFTER YOUR 45 DAYS OF OWNERSHIP, but KWA tests have concluded that propane will do a number of bad things to your KWA GBB guns- if not maintained properly. First, using propane will increase felt recoil and wear out your internals faster. Since it is a dry gas, unlike green gas that has the right amount of silicon oil to lubricate, you will dry up your internals and put extra wear on your internals and risk damaging parts to your gun. Some people report success from using propane, KWA suggests green gas.

Here's a quote I like to refer to when it comes to choosing green gas over propane:

"Propane fuel tanks contain an odorant (ethyl mercaptan) which is known to "attack" some forms of plastic, rubber, and coatings. This is one of the many reasons why we don't recommend it. If you "must", please make sure you have a "rigorous" cleaning/maintenance schedule to ensure there are no build-ups of residue that may gunk up the vital parts of the gun. " -Radix, big boss at KWA."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users