Jump to content


9.6v 5000 ma/h. Too much?


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:13 AM

View Postbrooklyn468, on Aug 21 2008, 03:57 PM, said:

I would guess not, mine has used thousands of bbs through it, and as I said earlier, it has a 4200 mah.

By the way, mah has nothing to do with if the gun can take it. The only things that matter are discharge rate and voltage.

To answer you question simply, no, the KM-4 could take it.

Also, when the warrenty is over, I highly reccomend a crane stock. Rewiring is pretty easy, don't let people tell you it is not.

And you could always go for a lipo to fit in the crane stock in case you ever wanted to upgrade.  :lol:


You will have to take your gearbox apart if you switch the wiring.

Save yourselft the hastle and just go lipo 11.1v. Get the  3 pcs type  cause it fits on tight spaces.

Nicads and Nimhs are sooo oldschool and ugly.

#22 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Aug 22 2008, 03:13 AM, said:

You will have to take your gearbox apart if you switch the wiring.

Save yourselft the hastle and just go lipo 11.1v. Get the  3 pcs type  cause it fits on tight spaces.

Nicads and Nimhs are sooo oldschool and ugly.

That is an opinion. I think my KM4 looks cool with a crane stock. :lol:

I also find that the heavy batteries make it easier to turn corners. :)


I find that NiMH batteries are tried 'n true technology. NiCDs are old, I agree.

By the way, I have no idea if the RIS is made to easily come off. My buddy has one that has to unscrew with a screwdriver, so if you wanted to switch batteries during a match, you could be in trouble. another up for the Crane Stock  :lol:

#23 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

Um......I'd rather have something ugly and heavy than something that is on fire......... lol

My friend was at a real field recently and a guy's lipo light on fire lol

#24 elite

elite

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

View PostStealthmaster14, on Aug 21 2008, 09:55 PM, said:

yes I emailed them the link and they said it is not covered under warranty.  Send them an email and see if you get the same answer.
i asked ASGI and they said it is covered by the warranty. so is it or isnt it?

#25 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

I've gotten two replies from KWA stating that SINCE AGSI MODIFIED the gun, they will not cover it under warranty.  "Our warranty states any modifications performed by anyone other than KWA will void the warranty."

This really disappointed me because I don't want the original M4 (BLECK) and I don't like the look of the S System.  I decided I am going to buy a Gen 3 TSD G36K.  (I love G36s :D)

#26 kelharis

kelharis

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:15 AM

Here's my correspondence with KWA Help:

Tony said, Aug 22 at 16:13:

Hello ********,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be advised that we do not warranty any KWA product once it has been modified. We can not guarantee the compatibility and performance using after-market components with our products.

Thank you for contacting KWA-USA Customer Service Dept.

******** said, Aug 21 at 22:59:

Hello,

I am considering purchasing the M4 RIS version from AirsoftGI, but I am curious whether the 45 day warranty will still be valid on it.  Here is a link to the item from AirsoftGI:

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=2887

Thank you for your help.

********

Confirming the RIS variant from AisoftGI is not covered by KWA's warranty.

#27 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

we should try contacting ASGI about this.  It's obvious they know that it's not under warranty.  I mean the warranty clearly states that any modifications outside of KWA end the warranty.  (can't think of the word lol)

I got that exact same response.

#28 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

Yeah I wanted the s- system but it was a little out of my budget.

I am fine with the KM-4a1, though. It is cool.

Anyway, back to batteries, Crane Stock batteries are not ugly by any means to me. That is an opinion, though.

I found out that your 5000 mah battery may not have the right connector at the end. My 4200 mah came with a large type tamya connector. You may want to look into getting an adaptor if you don't want to modify your wiring.

Or you could switch to deans or small type tamya.

BE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT ONE!!!

I made the mistake of getting the wrong adaptor, so my large- type batteries didn't work on my gun. I had to wait 8 days before I found out that my batteries were used out NiCDs, and they didn't work.

So I had to wait another 5 days to get my mondo- battery.

Another option you might want to think about is an external battery pack. You won't have to rewire, it is probably the cheapest option, and you won't have to void the warrenty. However, it does look pretty bad.

You could easily store a big battery in it.

#29 kelharis

kelharis

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

No worries on the connector, the company that makes the battery will attach any connector I want on it.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I really want RIS rails, but most good ones cost a lot, the AirsoftGI one is very good quality and quite reasonably priced.  It would really suck to get that one lemon and have a gearbox snap after 3 days or something though.

#30 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:19 AM

you could get the S system.  I personally do not like the look

#31 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:43 AM

View Postkelharis, on Aug 24 2008, 01:04 AM, said:

No worries on the connector, the company that makes the battery will attach any connector I want on it.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I really want RIS rails, but most good ones cost a lot, the AirsoftGI one is very good quality and quite reasonably priced.  It would really suck to get that one lemon and have a gearbox snap after 3 days or something though.

In my opinion, the S System is the RIS version with an extra rail on top that acts as a riser, and flip down sights.

And it has room for a battery...

Whatever though, it's your choise.

I will ALWAYS support the crane stock, though. :lol:

#32 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

Honestly though, do you really need a huge battery like that? My friends 9.6 1600mah battery lasted him a whole day at a REAL airsoft field.  He said he shot way more than 1600 bbs.  I guess if you are going camping or something, but I doubt you will need 5000+ rounds.......

#33 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

View PostStealthmaster14, on Aug 24 2008, 02:49 PM, said:

Honestly though, do you really need a huge battery like that? My friends 9.6 1600mah battery lasted him a whole day at a REAL airsoft field.  He said he shot way more than 1600 bbs.  I guess if you are going camping or something, but I doubt you will need 5000+ rounds.......

Heh you reach a good point, but I have had bad experiences with batteries dying on me. VERY BAD EXPERIENCES!

And I think it is easier to turn corners.

And a 1600 mah battery shooting over 1600 bbs? I would believe if it was LiPo, but sorry man, I don't believe it. Unless I myself see it, I don't believe it.

I have had 1200 mah 8.4 v and 9.6v batteries shoot maybe 600 bbs.


And what do you mean by REAL airsoft field? Like a pro field?

#34 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

IDK dude, I've seen a website where 1600 mah batteries shot like 1800 shots.  If it has elite or intellect cells, it would probably last longer than other batteries.  

My friend said he went through almost a whole bag of bbs and the battery didn't die.

#35 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

View PostStealthmaster14, on Aug 24 2008, 10:09 PM, said:

IDK dude, I've seen a website where 1600 mah batteries shot like 1800 shots.  If it has elite or intellect cells, it would probably last longer than other batteries.  

My friend said he went through almost a whole bag of bbs and the battery didn't die.

So you watched a guy shoot 1800 bbs out of his gun? :lol:

#36 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

No, but I read someone's 9.6 1700 mah battery lasts 2000k.  

Don't believe me if you don't want to.  That's what he told me, I didn't see it myself.  

believe what you want.

Edited by Stealthmaster14, 25 August 2008 - 06:36 PM.


#37 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:47 PM

View PostStealthmaster14, on Aug 25 2008, 09:31 PM, said:

No, but I read someone's 9.6 1700 mah battery lasts 2000k.  

Don't believe me if you don't want to.  That's what he told me, I didn't see it myself.  

believe what you want.

Lol I knever knew. I have a buddy who's 600 mah Sanyo battery will shoot almost 400. On a good day.

I also have a 1100 mah NiMH battery that won't even shoot on my gun. Yeah, it's old, but still.

My battery is for a whole day at a field, where I do not have the time to charge it, even with a smart charger.

Because my friends beg me to use my smart charger with their wimpy batteries because they can't take it.  :lol:

#38 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

View Postbrooklyn468, on Aug 25 2008, 06:47 PM, said:

Lol I knever knew. I have a buddy who's 600 mah Sanyo battery will shoot almost 400. On a good day.

I also have a 1100 mah NiMH battery that won't even shoot on my gun. Yeah, it's old, but still.

My battery is for a whole day at a field, where I do not have the time to charge it, even with a smart charger.

Because my friends beg me to use my smart charger with their wimpy batteries because they can't take it.  :lol:


My 2600MAH SANYO Nicad can finish a bag of bbs before it runs out. Thats 4500BBs in one bag and a Pdi 190 setup. The setup also matters.

Edited by karMeister, 25 August 2008 - 07:46 PM.


#39 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Aug 25 2008, 10:45 PM, said:

My 2600MAH SANYO Nicad can finish a bag of bbs before it runs out. Thats 4500BBs in one bag and a Pdi 190 setup. The setup also matters.

Hmm....

Maybe it is the setup that mattered?

#40 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:56 AM

View Postbrooklyn468, on Aug 26 2008, 05:07 PM, said:

Hmm....

Maybe it is the setup that mattered?

Higher spring tensions, Stronger motors and Gear ratio would consume more power.    ;)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users