Canadian Umarex version flash hider not removable!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AndertonPrime

AndertonPrime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

Yeah so I went ahead and bought the [barrel extension] adapter for this gun at eHobbbyAsia.  Here's the link:

http://shop.ehobbyas.../ready-fighter-[barrel extension]-adaptor-for-ksc-kwa-umarex-mp7-14mm-cw.html

Only now, I've discovered that the flash hider can't be removed in my Canadian version.  This sucks pretty bad.

Anyone know if there's anything I can do?

Edited by AndertonPrime, 28 March 2010 - 05:36 PM.

#2 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

:shiftyninja: mabe its just hotglued on what you could do is remove the outer barrel and boil some water then dip the outer barrel in the water to submerge the flashider and wait a little while the try to twist it of with pliers after the glues nice and soft so you dont mess up the threads.
but anyway it is cw tthreaded mabe your not turning it in the right dirrection and mabe you havent tried to hand loosen it with enough force :showoff:  but thats my imput. :gun:

#3 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:59 PM

I wouldn't bother with boiling water.  Boiling water is for pasta and eggs... and on occasion ramen.

#4 Guest_Tahssa_*

Guest_Tahssa_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

Mmmmm, pasta sounds good. Think I'll hit The Old Spaghetti Factory tonight! Thanks for the suggestion!

#5 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

well i saw a tutorial for it on youtube and it worked boiling water on a empty outerbarrel seems safer than using a heatgun like suggested about the new m4s with the glued on flashhiders.

#6 AndertonPrime

AndertonPrime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

Well, I tried prying it loose with pliers, twisting it both ways until I actually stripped the orange paint off, only to discover it's actually metal underneat.  The whole tube piece of the detachable barrel is one metal piece, so it looks like I'll be doing some cutting right behind the flash hider to remove it, and using some sort of two-part epoxy to fasten the adapter to what's left protruding.  

Then maybe I'll boil some water and have myself a ramen.

#7 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

that sucks but ya i think ill have me some ramen to.

#8 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

unfortunately, this is US importation requirement that all orange flash hider must be glued on.   If you must remove it then you'll need to use a heat gun.

Use at our own risk!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users