• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

My 20rd mag for my mp7 wont hook into my magwell properly. The teeth that hook into the latch in the magwell are shaped differently than the 40rd mags teeth. I don't know if its defective or if its a problem with thes mags. I need assistance!!!

Not defective it is a base plate issue. The solution is below. Yay!!

Edited by Vamp2269, 04 April 2010 - 05:50 PM.

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

Vamp2269, on 10 March 2010 - 01:58 PM, said:

My 20rd mag for my mp7 wont hook into my magwell properly. The teeth that hook into the latch in the magwell are shaped differently than the 40rd mags teeth. I don't know if its defective or if its a problem with thes mags. I need assistance!!!

Is it just the 20rd or both 20 and 40 mags don't latch?

#3 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:20 PM

Issue 1 : Magazine don't catch.
Cause: Too much material on the magazine base plate.
Solution: File down base plate.

Posted Image

Issue 2 : Accuracy is poor.
Cause: Edges on the feed lip is too sharp and marred the BB surface when firing in the chamber.
Solution: Deburr the edges.

Posted Image

Disclaimer, I can't advice exactly how to deburr the edges or how much mm to filing down the base plate.  We can not be responsible if you remove too much material or damage the magazine in the process.  I do advice you to send the magazine back to us so it can be done correctly.

#4 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

Radix, on 10 March 2010 - 02:31 PM, said:

Is it just the 20rd or both 20 and 40 mags don't latch?
just the 20rd

#5 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

Well thanks but does every short mag have this problem, or can i send it back and get it replaced.
But, did you fix this problem with newly shipped 20rd mags Interrobang!?

Edited by Vamp2269, 10 March 2010 - 05:22 PM.

#6 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

If you are experiencing the described problems with the 20rnd magazine and don't feel comfortable fixing it yourself then please log a ticket through our HelpDesk system to obtain an RMA#. Once the RMA# is issued, you will be instructed on how to return the mag for repair/replacement.

#7 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:07 AM

Radix, on 10 March 2010 - 09:03 PM, said:

If you are experiencing the described problems with the 20rnd magazine and don't feel comfortable fixing it yourself then please log a ticket through our HelpDesk system to obtain an RMA#. Once the RMA# is issued, you will be instructed on how to return the mag for repair/replacement.

well i will be able to fix it myself my dad has a shop capable of grinding the top of the base plate by fractions of a mm. but couldnt you just send me a fixed base plate, I dont see why i need to send in the whole mag to fix a piece of plastic. but i was ahead of you i already contacted the helpdesck

Edited by Vamp2269, 11 March 2010 - 09:08 AM.

#8 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:21 AM

Vamp2269, on 11 March 2010 - 09:07 AM, said:

well i will be able to fix it myself my dad has a shop capable of grinding the top of the base plate by fractions of a mm. but couldnt you just send me a fixed base plate, I dont see why i need to send in the whole mag to fix a piece of plastic. but i was ahead of you i already contacted the helpdesck

We need the mag back to ensure proper fitment. Sending just the base plate to our customers may not be a sure fix.

#9 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

Radix, on 11 March 2010 - 09:21 AM, said:

We need the mag back to ensure proper fitment. Sending just the base plate to our customers may not be a sure fix.
exactly how much material needs to be removed.
but if i was to get it fixed through you would a finish be put back on the base plate or will itlook lik it has een ground down?

#10 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:45 PM

We can refinish metal but not polymer.

#11 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

how much should be removed in mm.
also are you going to fix this little problem in manufacturing.

#12 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

It's less than 1mm.   Technically it's just a minor molding issue.  Eventually the mold will get changed.

#13 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:02 AM

allizard, on 21 March 2010 - 09:58 PM, said:

It's less than 1mm.   Technically it's just a minor molding issue.  Eventually the mold will get changed.
I ,made the fix, filed it down gently with one of my moms emery boards.  :P
But when the error is corrected I would like to buy the corrected base plate, could you put in on the pro shop. And also, you should give the option to ship products via USPS. Some of the products on the proshop are very small and its anoying to pay 10 dollars in shipping for somthing small and inexpensive. Transaction costs are an obstacle to exchange, you know.  :gun:

#14 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:26 AM

Vamp2269, on 22 March 2010 - 08:02 AM, said:

And also, you should give the option to ship products via USPS. Some of the products on the proshop are very small and its anoying to pay 10 dollars in shipping for somthing small and inexpensive. Transaction costs are an obstacle to exchange, you know. :gun:

USPS regular mail is not a reliable source for commercial application. There are no tracking information and no recourse for lost mails or packages. When the package does not arrive, the customers usually puts the blame on the shipper even though the responsibility lies with USPS. So to minimize the frustration of lost mail/package, we decided to not offer USPS regular mail service.

#15 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:33 AM

Radix, on 22 March 2010 - 08:26 AM, said:

USPS regular mail is not a reliable source for commercial application. There are no tracking information and no recourse for lost mails or packages. When the package does not arrive, the customers usually puts the blame on the shipper even though the responsibility lies with USPS. So to minimize the frustration of lost mail/package, we decided to not offer USPS regular mail service.
oh ok well anway will you be putting the updated base plates on the proshop?

#16 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

We have no update base plate to sell directly.  All MP7 short mag is being manually correctly before send out to retailers.

#17 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

allizard, on 30 March 2010 - 02:04 PM, said:

We have no update base plate to sell directly.  All MP7 short mag is being manually correctly before send out to retailers.
oh

#18 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:46 AM

I got a short mag last week, and it had this problem.  I took the base plate off, laid some 120 grit sandpaper on the workbench and just rubbed the base plate on it a few times.  Worked like a charm and took all of 40 seconds to do.

#19 RETleatherneck

RETleatherneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:30 AM

dobey, on 29 April 2010 - 04:46 AM, said:

I got a short mag last week, and it had this problem.  I took the base plate off, laid some 120 grit sandpaper on the workbench and just rubbed the base plate on it a few times.  Worked like a charm and took all of 40 seconds to do.
I just received one short Mag with my KSC MP7 Tuesday June 22. Same Problem. So I make a Pic Illustration how to fix the problem.
Posted Image
all you need is a pen push in the pin on the bottom of the mag.Make sure you cover the Spring cap with your Thumb while you remove the base plate, or it will fly across the room and it is hard to find.I used a small sanding sponge block I got from Home depot a while back.The magazine should be able to be released with one finger like the larger magazines can.Remove just enough material and no more then what you need to remove.Might take a few assembly disassemble of the Base plate before you get it right.

#20 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

RETleatherneck, on 25 June 2010 - 10:30 AM, said:

I just received one short Mag with my KSC MP7 Tuesday June 22. Same Problem. So I make a Pic Illustration how to fix the problem.
Posted Image
all you need is a pen push in the pin on the bottom of the mag.Make sure you cover the Spring cap with your Thumb while you remove the base plate, or it will fly across the room and it is hard to find.I used a small sanding sponge block I got from Home depot a while back.The magazine should be able to be released with one finger like the larger magazines can.Remove just enough material and no more then what you need to remove.Might take a few assembly disassemble of the Base plate before you get it right.
I almost lost the pin plate a few times because it shot out the mag when I took it apart LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users