• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:07 AM

I just purchased the M93R NS2 gun and love it.  When shooting yesterday in my friends basement, the gun worked flawlessly.  Had gas left in mag after ammo was emptied.  Temp was typical rm temp around 68 to 70 deg..  When firing out side today in lower 40's, I would run out of gas before mag would empty.  I put a little silicone oil on gas discharge valve as manual stated. Is this normal due to cold weather or do I have issues with mag.  Gun was purchased brand new and only test fired. :huh:

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

Gas don't expand in cold temperature.  

As a general rule, most gas gun products operates best between 65 - 95 degrees.  When weather is too hot in 3 digits (100+), the gas chamber will not be able to withstand the pressure and crack the cylinder or gas chamber. Worst case scenario will destroy the slide completely in extreme heat.  

On the other hand, cold weather will begin to affect performance below 63 degrees.  The magazine will get cold faster and you'll also get less shot per fill.   At 40's, performance will be greatly reduced.  Slide will not cycle completely and will freeze the action.  A temporary solution is try to keep the magazine warm after filling it with gas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users