5 replies to this topic

#1 blacktalons

blacktalons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, German Cars, outdoors, firearms, military, playing 360

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:46 AM

So my teamate has a Kg36, thats a few monthes old, and has had about 11,000 rounds through it. It's in great shape, except this. We had a small skirmish yesterday, nothin fancy, about 40 degrees out. His gun locked up. It will not fire. And the gears/motor are straining to turn. It sounds like motor, gear, ARL problems. What could it be??? Oh yeah, the piston is stuck back and does not seem to move at all.

P.S. He wants to call you guys up here in a day or two and see about sending it in to be fixed. About how much $$ would we be talking? Estimate. It is out of warranty.  Thanks

Edited by blacktalons, 22 February 2010 - 10:49 AM.

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:34 PM

Has he tried a different battery?  If a second battery doesn't work.  Go to helpdesk and ask for RMA# request for service.  

Out of warranty work is $35+parts+shipping.

#3 Guest_camowolf_*

Guest_camowolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:20 AM

Since you're in the cold, I'd say it's a battery issue. I have this same problem a lot- I'm in CO and played last week in 20 degree weather- I had two batteries, and I could only play a few hours :/

Throw in a fully charged 9.6, it should clear it up. If it doesn't, I don't know what's up...

#4 blacktalons

blacktalons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, German Cars, outdoors, firearms, military, playing 360

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

:( thanks for the advice guys! He contacted you I believe. And i forgot to mention he was using a 3/4 charged Ra tech 11.1 and we tried a 8.4 with no luck

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

8.4v batteries may not have enough output to drive some guns.  You'll need to try 9.6 at the very least

#6 frostbiteairsoft5

frostbiteairsoft5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, soccer, music, astronomy, chemistry, KWA, PS3 (lol) friends

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

i had the same problem with an echo 1 that i had. i sent it in and they said it was gear failure, i thought that echo 1 guns were tuned well but the gears lost proper meshing and they failed after 500 rounds.....twice. so i guess you might have gotten a lemon gun. its sucks i know, but maybe its something else because kwas are solid.

hope this helped,
frostbite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users