Jump to content


Semi and full Auto firing


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Born Loser

Born Loser

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:08 AM

My gun won't stop firing when in Semi or Auto mode.  I pull the trigger and it just keeps firing Auto until I return the selector to Safe.  Anyone have any ideas?  I have removed the gearbox from the receiver and applied lithium grease to the selector slide but this hasn't resolved the problem.  Has anyone ever taken apart a gearbox to fix it?

I FIGURED IT OUT BY TAKING THE GEARBOX APART. THE PLASTIC SPRING HOLDER BROKE OFF ON THE TOP OF THE TRIGGER BOX, KEEPING THE CURRENT ON ALL THE TIME ONCE THE TRIGGER IS PULLED. SO I DRILLED A SMALL HOLE THROUGH THE REMAINING PLASTIC AND ATTACHED THE SPRING THERE NOW IT WORKS LIKE NORMAL. THE PIECE OF PLASTIC HOLDING THE SPRING IS THE THICKNESS OF A LARGE PAPER CLIP AND LOOKS EASY TO BREAK OFF. I'M SUPPRISED THIS ISN'T A MORE COMMON PROBLEM.

Edited by Born Loser, 03 August 2008 - 12:06 PM.


#2 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:16 AM

View PostBorn Loser, on Aug 2 2008, 11:08 AM, said:

My gun won't stop firing when in Semi or Auto mode.  I pull the trigger and it just keeps firing Auto until I return the selector to Safe.  Anyone have any ideas?  I have removed the gearbox from the receiver and applied lithium grease to the selector slide but this hasn't resolved the problem.  Has anyone ever taken apart a gearbox to fix it?
Sounds like a trigger block problem. Seeing as auto is firing in full and wont stop. Something might be wrong with your cut-off lever aswell. If its still under warrenty return it to where you bought it from to get a new one, or send it to KWA.

#3 Born Loser

Born Loser

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

View Postvic_man4, on Aug 2 2008, 03:16 PM, said:

Sounds like a trigger block problem. Seeing as auto is firing in full and wont stop. Something might be wrong with your cut-off lever aswell. If its still under warrenty return it to where you bought it from to get a new one, or send it to KWA.

The gun is well past warranty.  Is the trigger block inside the gearbox?  Have you ever gone in there?  Any manuals on it?  I'm pretty handy, and am not afraid to try it myself if anyone else has done it.  Even if I find a problem, can you get internal gearbox parts from the manufacturer?

Thanks for the advice.

#4 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:38 PM

View PostBorn Loser, on Aug 2 2008, 03:40 PM, said:

The gun is well past warranty.  Is the trigger block inside the gearbox?  Have you ever gone in there?  Any manuals on it?  I'm pretty handy, and am not afraid to try it myself if anyone else has done it.  Even if I find a problem, can you get internal gearbox parts from the manufacturer?

Thanks for the advice.

Uhmmhm, trigger blocks are one of the things that you should never "tamper" with and are very hard to fix. And I wouldn't know what to do with it. If it is the trigger block, you can buy a whole KWA M4 gearbox on the proshop

Heres the link:
http://store.kwausa....4a1gearbox.aspx

Good luck!!

#5 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:21 AM

Lol I think he needs another solution to this problem.

Maybe you could send it in to maintanance at ASGI?

Here's the link.
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=1057

The reviews are good, and they fixed my friend's rifle, so I think it may be better to send it in than buy a hole new gearbox.  ;)

#6 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:29 AM

View Postbrooklyn468, on Aug 3 2008, 08:21 AM, said:

Lol I think he needs another solution to this problem.

Maybe you could send it in to maintanance at ASGI?

Here's the link.
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=1057

The reviews are good, and they fixed my friend's rifle, so I think it may be better to send it in than buy a hole new gearbox.  ;)

Well, he should check to see if anything is wrong with the cut-off lever to see if it looks worn or broken.

Heres where the cut-off lever is...
Posted Image

If its worn or broken, you can buy them from ASGI or other sties.

#7 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:48 AM

View PostBorn Loser, on Aug 2 2008, 10:08 AM, said:

My gun won't stop firing when in Semi or Auto mode.  I pull the trigger and it just keeps firing Auto until I return the selector to Safe.  Anyone have any ideas?  I have removed the gearbox from the receiver and applied lithium grease to the selector slide but this hasn't resolved the problem.  Has anyone ever taken apart a gearbox to fix it?

when you say "gun won't stop firing when in Semi or Auto mode.  I pull the trigger and it just keeps firing Auto until I return the selector to Safe."

does this mean when you pull the trigger on semi it stays locked and doesnt stop firing until you manually pull the trigger forward?  If so it could be the trigger spring and the cut off lever. A systema cutoff lever would only cost around 13USD.


Anyway if youve tried taking things apart a gearbox woudnt really be a problem. But asking someone with experience to take it apart for you would be the best option.

#8 Born Loser

Born Loser

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Aug 3 2008, 12:48 PM, said:

when you say "gun won't stop firing when in Semi or Auto mode.  I pull the trigger and it just keeps firing Auto until I return the selector to Safe."

does this mean when you pull the trigger on semi it stays locked and doesnt stop firing until you manually pull the trigger forward?  If so it could be the trigger spring and the cut off lever. A systema cutoff lever would only cost around 13USD.


Anyway if youve tried taking things apart a gearbox woudnt really be a problem. But asking someone with experience to take it apart for you would be the best option.

I FIGURED IT OUT BY TAKING THE GEARBOX APART.  THE PLASTIC SPRING HOLDER BROKE OFF ON THE TOP OF THE TRIGGER BOX, KEEPING THE CURRENT ON ALL THE TIME ONCE THE TRIGGER IS PULLED.  SO I DRILLED A SMALL HOLE THROUGH THE REMAINING PLASTIC AND ATTACHED THE SPRING THERE NOW IT WORKS LIKE NORMAL.  THE PIECE OF PLASTIC HOLDING THE SPRING IS THE THICKNESS OF A LARGE PAPER CLIP AND LOOKS EASY TO BREAK OFF.  I'M SURPIRSED THIS ISN'T A MORE COMMON PROBLEM.

#9 Born Loser

Born Loser

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:05 PM

View PostBorn Loser, on Aug 2 2008, 02:08 PM, said:

My gun won't stop firing when in Semi or Auto mode.  I pull the trigger and it just keeps firing Auto until I return the selector to Safe.  Anyone have any ideas?  I have removed the gearbox from the receiver and applied lithium grease to the selector slide but this hasn't resolved the problem.  Has anyone ever taken apart a gearbox to fix it?


I FIGURED IT OUT BY TAKING THE GEARBOX APART. THE PLASTIC SPRING HOLDER BROKE OFF ON THE TOP OF THE TRIGGER BOX, KEEPING THE CURRENT ON ALL THE TIME ONCE THE TRIGGER IS PULLED. SO I DRILLED A SMALL HOLE THROUGH THE REMAINING PLASTIC AND ATTACHED THE SPRING THERE NOW IT WORKS LIKE NORMAL. THE PIECE OF PLASTIC HOLDING THE SPRING IS THE THICKNESS OF A LARGE PAPER CLIP AND LOOKS EASY TO BREAK OFF. I'M SUPPRISED THIS ISN'T A MORE COMMON PROBLEM.

Edited by Born Loser, 03 August 2008 - 12:07 PM.


#10 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:11 PM

View PostBorn Loser, on Aug 3 2008, 12:05 PM, said:

I FIGURED IT OUT BY TAKING THE GEARBOX APART. THE PLASTIC SPRING HOLDER BROKE OFF ON THE TOP OF THE TRIGGER BOX, KEEPING THE CURRENT ON ALL THE TIME ONCE THE TRIGGER IS PULLED. SO I DRILLED A SMALL HOLE THROUGH THE REMAINING PLASTIC AND ATTACHED THE SPRING THERE NOW IT WORKS LIKE NORMAL. THE PIECE OF PLASTIC HOLDING THE SPRING IS THE THICKNESS OF A LARGE PAPER CLIP AND LOOKS EASY TO BREAK OFF. I'M SUPPRISED THIS ISN'T A MORE COMMON PROBLEM.

So what your saying is that when your trigger is pulled back, a switch is pulled back aswell, so when you release your trigger to the forward position, the switch stays pulled back cause the spring was broken? Sounds like a quick cure that makes sense if thats how it works. But semi shouldnt fire full auto, so there must be a problem still with your cut-off lever, you might want to look into that.

P.S. karMeister didnt you jsut restate what I said? minus the trigger spring part.

#11 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

should have take some pictures and show us.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users