16 replies to this topic

#1 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:14 PM

As many know, the MP7 is a very solid GBB. In my opinion, the charging handle seems to be this guns one "fragile" feature. Although, I have had no problems with the charging handle and have not heard of any problems, in the quest for anal-retentive-quasi-perfection  :mellow:  I would like to inquire about whether there is a metal charging handle out there that would fit in the mp7 or if KWA might be coming out with one.
Is there a practical reason why the charging handle is semi-rickety plastic? Am I alone in this sentiment? :icecream:

Attached Files

Edited by jotohomomoto, 07 February 2010 - 01:16 PM.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:55 AM

the real one is a similar material.  And just as "rickety"

#3 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 08 February 2010 - 11:55 AM, said:

the real one is a similar material.  And just as "rickety"
As long as you guys is keep'n it real.  :D

#4 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

View Postjotohomomoto, on 08 February 2010 - 05:03 PM, said:

As long as you guys is keep'n it real.  :D

Suppose to be that way most modern guns are polymers now

#5 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:36 AM

Is it normal to cock the mp7 twice before it starts functioning? the gas is full and so are the BB's, but when i put it in and cock it I just hear click but when I cock it again (2nd time) that's when it starts firing. Help please!!!

#6 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:25 AM

View Postcjboi, on 08 June 2010 - 02:36 AM, said:

Is it normal to cock the mp7 twice before it starts functioning? the gas is full and so are the BB's, but when i put it in and cock it I just hear click but when I cock it again (2nd time) that's when it starts firing. Help please!!!

Oh now you also have that problem. If yours is under warranty claim it immediately and have the bolt replaced. If not tough luck you have to replace it or fix it yourself like i did.

The problem is the tip of the striker (circled in red) as i will call it. Some have their tips shorter than what is needed. So when they hit the lever that their suppose to actuate they do it only half way, so you have to cock it twice to arm the firing pin(ONLY IF THE MAG IS INSERTED), if there is no mag, no problem because the firing pin is not resting on the top of the valve hence no friction, so you can cock it once and the hammer will activate the pin without problems.
This is the picture of my KWA bolt with a normal tip
Posted Image

I have the same problem with my KWA asian ver. so i have to fix it my self. You can see the brace i installed to make the tip longer(follow the green line). The arrows indicate where i drilled holes to anchor the brace because if your not going to anchor it it will not withstand the  impact and vibration of the action.
Posted Image

#7 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:05 PM

there's no way I can return the product since I got it from ASIA and I live in Canada. Canada have gay customs and we spend twice sometimes three times as much as the real cost. Thank for the help tiger. Where can I buy a bolt carrier for the mp7 do you know? I don't really want the steel bolt carrier since it can probably damage my internals, due to the hard impact. I still don't understand how you fixed yours lol. That's pretty awesome how you figured it out I was looking at that too on mine. Any suggestion??? on how to fix that tip?

View Posttiger, on 08 June 2010 - 07:25 AM, said:

Oh now you also have that problem. If yours is under warranty claim it immediately and have the bolt replaced. If not tough luck you have to replace it or fix it yourself like i did.

The problem is the tip of the striker (circled in red) as i will call it. Some have their tips shorter than what is needed. So when they hit the lever that their suppose to actuate they do it only half way, so you have to cock it twice to arm the firing pin(ONLY IF THE MAG IS INSERTED), if there is no mag, no problem because the firing pin is not resting on the top of the valve hence no friction, so you can cock it once and the hammer will activate the pin without problems.
This is the picture of my KWA bolt with a normal tip
Posted Image

I have the same problem with my KWA asian ver. so i have to fix it my self. You can see the brace i installed to make the tip longer(follow the green line). The arrows indicate where i drilled holes to anchor the brace because if your not going to anchor it it will not withstand the  impact and vibration of the action.
Posted Image

Edited by cjboi, 08 June 2010 - 01:06 PM.

#8 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

Call or email the KWA ProShop. They might have stock bolt carriers.

#9 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:17 AM

I called KWA tech and contacted allizard and the response is "out of stock". Do you guys know if the bolt carrier in KWA is interchangeable with KSC?

View Postjotohomomoto, on 08 June 2010 - 04:37 PM, said:

Call or email the KWA ProShop. They might have stock bolt carriers.

#10 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

I didn't talked to anyone today.  Maybe you were talking to KingSize.

#11 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

I sent you a PM and you replied no replacement part available right now.

View Postallizard, on 09 June 2010 - 04:58 PM, said:

I didn't talked to anyone today.  Maybe you were talking to KingSize.

#12 RETleatherneck

RETleatherneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

View Postcjboi, on 09 June 2010 - 05:30 PM, said:

I sent you a PM and you replied no replacement part available right now.

I found this site the other day http://www.boomarms....7/curr_code/USD
Material : Steel
CNC Machined
I plan to order a back up Bolt from them as I to have a KSC MP7
Hope the link helps you.

#13 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

Ya I've seen that. The reason why I don't wanna put the steel bolt carrier, because its heavy and it can cause stress internally (such as recoil spring and maybe it could break the nozzle). If you put the RA TECH hard kick in your bolt carrier it actually gives a lot of weight compare to your stock one, and you can feel a little bit more recoil than the stock one, that's what I have right now. Since the real H&K mp7 doesn't really have much of a recoil. I already ordered the stock bolt carrier from KSC anyways, since KWA doesnt have it in stock right now.

View PostRETleatherneck, on 23 June 2010 - 09:56 AM, said:

I found this site the other day http://www.boomarms....7/curr_code/USD
Material : Steel
CNC Machined
I plan to order a back up Bolt from them as I to have a KSC MP7
Hope the link helps you.

Edited by cjboi, 23 June 2010 - 12:33 PM.

#14 RETleatherneck

RETleatherneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

View Postcjboi, on 23 June 2010 - 12:32 PM, said:

Ya I've seen that. The reason why I don't wanna put the steel bolt carrier, because its heavy and it can cause stress internally (such as recoil spring and maybe it could break the nozzle). If you put the RA TECH hard kick in your bolt carrier it actually gives a lot of weight compare to your stock one, and you can feel a little bit more recoil than the stock one, that's what I have right now. Since the real H&K mp7 doesn't really have much of a recoil. I already ordered the stock bolt carrier from KSC anyways, since KWA doesnt have it in stock right now.
Could you please let me know where you ordered the KSC one from. I think it is better I order that one as a back up instead of the Steel bolt.Thank you.

#15 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

Contact RA TECH and ask for special order from KSC corporation. It takes a long time to receive it though, like about a month or 2-3 weeks. I believe KWA will have them in stock soon, I called KWAusa pro shop (1.626.581.1777) and told me they might get new stocks for the bolt carrier sometime July or end of june. But ya dont even bother getting the steel bolt carrier, just get the hard kick set for the mp7. Its good enough for the recoil.

View PostRETleatherneck, on 23 June 2010 - 05:24 PM, said:

Could you please let me know where you ordered the KSC one from. I think it is better I order that one as a back up instead of the Steel bolt.Thank you.

#16 RETleatherneck

RETleatherneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

View Postcjboi, on 23 June 2010 - 05:47 PM, said:

Contact RA TECH and ask for special order from KSC corporation. It takes a long time to receive it though, like about a month or 2-3 weeks. I believe KWA will have them in stock soon, I called KWAusa pro shop (1.626.581.1777) and told me they might get new stocks for the bolt carrier sometime July or end of june. But ya dont even bother getting the steel bolt carrier, just get the hard kick set for the mp7. Its good enough for the recoil.
OK thank you. Where did you order the hard kick set from. I can not find any place that has them in stock?

#17 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

View PostRETleatherneck, on 23 June 2010 - 06:05 PM, said:

OK thank you. Where did you order the hard kick set from. I can not find any place that has them in stock?

Ok, this is way off topic and has been for a while. Time to say goodbye!!!:closed:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users