KWA P226, black box Vs. black and gray KWA branded boxes.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RoadBlock

RoadBlock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

Question. I just learned tonight that there are basically two KWA P226's on the U.S. market. One comes officially from KWA in the new black and gray packaging with KWA markings on the slide, the other was sold by Spartan Imports and came in a black box with no slide markings.

Other then the mentioned slide markings and the fact one has a flush fit barrel and the other ones extended out a little is everything the same?

My local store has both version but they were not sure of any differences other then what I just mentioned.

#2 Jeremy314

Jeremy314

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Scifi, anime, airsoft, PS3 gaming

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

If this is the black box you mean:
Posted Image

Then it's the prior to the '09 version.

#3 RoadBlock

RoadBlock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

Yep, that's the black box version they have. Then the other one which they said was newer stock, directly from KWA and not Spartan Imports, is in the new style black and gray box KWA is using on ALL there new stuff.

Do these P226 GBB's have any differences between them other then the slide markings and the length of the outer barrel and orientation/placement of the orange?

I'm just wondering if there is a reason to get one over the other.

#4 RoadBlock

RoadBlock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

Nevermind, I found the answer in another thread.

Sound like not much, nothing super major but enough that I picked the newest one, just picked it up a few minutes ago!

Now I just need the flush fitting barrel that doesn't stick out! I might be getting one of those tomorrow too! The dealer I got this from said he has a broken P226 parts gun somewhere in the warehouse and if he could find it he would sell me the barrel.

This thing would look sexy as heck with a flush barrel that wasn't dremel cut! :)

Edited by RoadBlock, 30 January 2010 - 07:59 PM.

#5 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

I dremeled mine

#6 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:12 AM

Internally, there is no different.  Just new packaging and the latest release all have KWA markings on the side and orange tips is moved from the slide to the tip of the barrel.

#7 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:49 PM

I was looking at the Sig Sauer website and noticed that the only Sig p226 with an extended barrel is their "Combat TB." I understand KWA is not interested in making a cosmetically perfect replica of the Sig226 but is there anyway to thread the extended barrel part? Otherwise is there a flush outer barrel out there that will fit the KWA?

Attached Files

#8 RoadBlock

RoadBlock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

I made a most in another thread about that. I have no interest in putting a foam or dynamat filled suppressor on my KWA M226R however I would surely buy a threaded barrel if KWA released one threw the pro shop.

Should be threaded AND come with the thread protector... I would love to have make my new M226R look like one of SIG's tactical 9mm pistols.

On a side note, considering the factory barrels come made from plastic I wouldn't think threading it would be too smart. Might get a little thin towards the end and crack. Would almost be better to MAKE if from the factory from plastic so your not weakening it by threading it. Even a light weight aluminum piece would be nice.

Edited by RoadBlock, 01 February 2010 - 02:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users