4 replies to this topic

#1 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

What size allen wrench does one use to remove the tactical rails? 3/32 is too small and 1/8 is too big.  :mobile:
This is off topic but, does anyone know how to remove the flash hider?
mp7 is pretty sick! :gun:

#2 papabois

papabois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Playing with toys.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

The back of the butt-stock?..They are metric 4mm.

The flash-hider just unscrews.  Even has a slot for a 10mm wrench.

Edited by papabois, 25 January 2010 - 05:16 PM.

#3 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:47 AM

View Postpapabois, on 25 January 2010 - 05:14 PM, said:

The back of the butt-stock?..They are metric 4mm.

The flash-hider just unscrews.  Even has a slot for a 10mm wrench.

back of the butt stock? no, I mean the tactical rails. I saw the mp7 without the rails and flash hider and thought it looked pretty sick. I don't really plan on putting any kind of flashlight on the mp7 in the near future soooooooo, I don't llke the way tactical rails look. For instance, I like the m4 with the regular grips instead of having a RIS. Also, if you could put the allen wrench sizes in English Measurements, I'm metricly impaired as I live in USA. :innocent:
Eureeka!!! the flash hider DOES just unscrew. I'm glad I didn't try something more drastic! :turned: thanx.

#4 papabois

papabois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Playing with toys.

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

View Postjotohomomoto, on 26 January 2010 - 07:47 AM, said:

back of the butt stock? no, I mean the tactical rails. I saw the mp7 without the rails and flash hider and thought it looked pretty sick. I don't really plan on putting any kind of flashlight on the mp7 in the near future soooooooo, I don't llke the way tactical rails look. For instance, I like the m4 with the regular grips instead of having a RIS. Also, if you could put the allen wrench sizes in English Measurements, I'm metricly impaired as I live in USA. :innocent:
Eureeka!!! the flash hider DOES just unscrew. I'm glad I didn't try something more drastic! :turned: thanx.

Sorry Dude.  Must have been huffing the green gas, instead of powering the guns. LOL

Ya, the side rails are 3mm allen key.. I don't think they have converted equivelents.  I'm pretty sure ya gotta use metric on metric, and imperial on imperial.

#5 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:39 PM

View Postpapabois, on 26 January 2010 - 01:16 PM, said:

Sorry Dude.  Must have been huffing the green gas, instead of powering the guns. LOL

Ya, the side rails are 3mm allen key.. I don't think they have converted equivelents.  I'm pretty sure ya gotta use metric on metric, and imperial on imperial.
whoosh that sounds harsh!  :doctor:  :D  the butt stock takes a larger allen wrench which I have. I will look into that metric. thanx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users