The reason for the build, is that the one that came stock on my gun, was cast very out-of-round. I fixxed it's affect on the BB's trajectory, by drilling out the ID big enough, to ensure that the BB does not hit it. Still, it's a flawed part on my gun, so off ya git!
The first part is the threaded adapter. I made this by getting a 12mm socket cap bolt, and applying mould release agents all over it. Next, I painted a mixture of grahite-powder-enriched epoxy resin, onto the threads. When that tacked-up (but still soft enough to put a fingernail mark into), I wrapped the area with uni-directional carbon fiber tow. When that tacked-up, it went into the oven for a post-cure. The heat will make the bolt (used as a mandrel), to expand ever-so-slightly, to make removal of the composite part easier when all is cooled. This will make a very strong, inner-threaded ring when removed from the bolt.
I will continue tomorrow, when the outer tube for the flash-hider is dry enough to handle.
Edited by papabois, 20 January 2010 - 08:35 PM.