Jump to content


2G bucking break in?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Starkweather

Starkweather

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Black Ops Airsoft
  • Interests:Hardcore punk, Airsoft, Video Games, Laughter, and much much more....
  • Country:

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

I just got my KWA G36C. With the hop turned completely off, .2 gram bbs are over hopped, curving upward. I looked inside the hop up and everything looks in line, 2 fat fins protruding through, and they seem to move just fine when turning the hop dial. Does this bucking have some sort of break in or wear in period? I normally fire .25s, and its dark out now so I can tell if they are over hopping, but I'd like to use both weights. Anyone know?

#2 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

View PostStarkweather, on 01 January 2010 - 03:21 PM, said:

I just got my KWA G36C. With the hop turned completely off, .2 gram bbs are over hopped, curving upward. I looked inside the hop up and everything looks in line, 2 fat fins protruding through, and they seem to move just fine when turning the hop dial. Does this bucking have some sort of break in or wear in period? I normally fire .25s, and its dark out now so I can tell if they are over hopping, but I'd like to use both weights. Anyone know?

As far as I know, 2g Bucking does not need a breaking period on the hop part...compression yes but hop no. does it go straight then rapidly move up? or does it fire in every direction? if its the latter .2s might be too light for the muzzle power.

#3 Starkweather

Starkweather

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Black Ops Airsoft
  • Interests:Hardcore punk, Airsoft, Video Games, Laughter, and much much more....
  • Country:

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:34 PM

View PostkarMeister, on 01 January 2010 - 03:54 PM, said:

As far as I know, 2g Bucking does not need a breaking period on the hop part...compression yes but hop no. does it go straight then rapidly move up? or does it fire in every direction? if its the latter .2s might be too light for the muzzle power.

The BBs fly straight. VERY straight. It's as if I have hop turned on but its ALL the way down.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:47 PM

View PostStarkweather, on 01 January 2010 - 05:34 PM, said:

The BBs fly straight. VERY straight. It's as if I have hop turned on but its ALL the way down.

Just to clear this up. your first post said the bb's go up, the second said they go straight. Which is it? If the bb's are going straight I'd say things look good. :gun:

#5 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

BBs fly straight then drop = hop off, BBs fly straight then after 150-175ft you see a rapid rise=Hop on  :thumbsup:

#6 Starkweather

Starkweather

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Black Ops Airsoft
  • Interests:Hardcore punk, Airsoft, Video Games, Laughter, and much much more....
  • Country:

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:53 AM

View PostkarMeister, on 01 January 2010 - 06:21 PM, said:

BBs fly straight then drop = hop off, BBs fly straight then after 150-175ft you see a rapid rise=Hop on  :thumbsup:

I meant straight as in not left and right....

Anyway I took the hop out and looked at everything. Nothing wrong, cleaned the barrel etc. Now it works fine. I think maybe the nub was maybe pinched or something. Shoots perfect now.

#7 Hitman07

Hitman07

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers
  • Country:

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

I would say there is a breaking in time. The longer I use my KWA SR12...The more accurate and more distance it gets. LOL

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:City of Industry
  • Country:

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

Try the .25s, they work better with the 2G bucking

#9 Hitman07

Hitman07

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers
  • Country:

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:00 PM

I would think get .30g KSC and turn the hop up alot.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users