5 replies to this topic

#1 JackSharp

JackSharp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:24 PM

Hello everyone,

I have already placed the gas ejector device (35) into the new slide and everything works perfectly.  However, the new slide also came with a new barrel but it doesnt have any of the internals.  I was wondering if anyone knew how to disassemble this piece (109).  Everything inside the barrel looks like its pretty solid and without any screws.  I have no idea how to take it apart.  Any tips, comments, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jack Sharp

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

Tap out "inner barrel pin" (part#13) with a punch and the barrel will be free. Be very careful not to loose #19 in the process.  :)

#3 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

Jack, are you replacing the originals, with the same from KWA, or are the slide and barrel an upgrade from another company? If the 2nd, can you tell us which slide and barrel are you putting on?

Thx
Leo

#4 JackSharp

JackSharp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

View Postlpesce, on Jul 25 2008, 08:09 AM, said:

Jack, are you replacing the originals, with the same from KWA, or are the slide and barrel an upgrade from another company? If the 2nd, can you tell us which slide and barrel are you putting on?

Thx
Leo

Honestly, i'm not certain what company makes the slide and barrel but it says its made for KWA/KSC kp8 series GBB pistol.  The slide and barrel im getting can be found at Evike's site (thats where I bought it).  Just type in kp8 in the search bar, it'll be the first thing to pop up.  

As for whether or not its working for me: what I do know for certain so far is that the slide fits on very nicely.  The only problem is that it doesnt come with the front nor rear sights, so you'll have to transfer them from your previous slide (keep in mind you'll need to superglue the front sight in place).  All I have left to do is replace the barrel with the new one.

#5 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

View PostJackSharp, on Jul 25 2008, 02:35 PM, said:

Honestly, i'm not certain what company makes the slide and barrel but it says its made for KWA/KSC kp8 series GBB pistol.  The slide and barrel im getting can be found at Evike's site (thats where I bought it).  Just type in kp8 in the search bar, it'll be the first thing to pop up.  

As for whether or not its working for me: what I do know for certain so far is that the slide fits on very nicely.  The only problem is that it doesnt come with the front nor rear sights, so you'll have to transfer them from your previous slide (keep in mind you'll need to superglue the front sight in place).  All I have left to do is replace the barrel with the new one.

I see, it has trademarks.

Thx
Leo

#6 kempobmx1

kempobmx1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Cars

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:58 AM

View PostJackSharp, on Jul 25 2008, 05:35 PM, said:

(keep in mind you'll need to superglue the front sight in place).

Gah, don't do that! If you even need to adjust it again you can't do it. Take some teflon tape and fold up a very small strip. Place it half way under the front sight and then slide the sight on such that the tape ends up completely under the sight. It will hold it tightly in place but will allow you to move it in future if need be. That's what I did with my Shooters Design slide.

What you need to do it punch out part #13 (retention pin). At that point the inner barrel, along with the hop-up, will slide backwards. What Radix forgot to mention was that you're going to need to use something flat and metal (I used a knife) to push down part #14 (brass plunger) so that the inner barrel and hop-up can move all the way out. If you don't do this the hop-up will catch on the plunger and it won't come out. The real trick is depressing that plunger while pushing the inner barrel and hop-up back in. It may take a few attempts but stay with it. BE ADVISED: do all this over something that can catch small parts. There is a very small spring inside part #14 (plunger) and it's extremely easy to lose. It has happened to me and it's a pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users