• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xbeeongx

xbeeongx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:27 PM

I am a proud new owner of a KWA KP8 NS2. The gun fires nicely, but it will not catch the slide when I empty the last round. I have read the other thread here but the two diagnoses don't seem to fit. That is, my slide lock spring ( part 85, i believe) is not upside down or in need of stretching, and my magazine follower is not dirty.

What I think is happening is that the slide is not getting thrown backwards far enough for the slide to catch when the mag is empty. I can fire a single round on a fully charged magazine and the slide still won't catch. I usually charge the gun for about 7 to 12 seconds. I am new to gas pistols (I'm a springer - sniper) so please let me know if I need to do something different.

Edited by xbeeongx, 23 December 2009 - 11:28 PM.

#2 Jeremy314

Jeremy314

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Scifi, anime, airsoft, PS3 gaming

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:41 AM

What are you using to fill the mag?

My friend as has a full sized USP and it fires crisp and the slide locks easily using propane.. so the gas is the only thing I can think of that might effect it off the top of my head this early in the morning.

#3 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

What temperature are you using the gun at?

also, are you allowing the magazine to warm up immediately after filling? this allows the gas to settle and expand.

#4 xbeeongx

xbeeongx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 24 December 2009 - 01:50 PM, said:

What temperature are you using the gun at?

also, are you allowing the magazine to warm up immediately after filling? this allows the gas to settle and expand.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona (USA). The temp. today at time of use was approximately 60 to 75° F (23°C).

No, I filled the magazine for about 10 or 12 seconds then loaded the mag into the gun and fired within about 10 seconds.

Edited by xbeeongx, 24 December 2009 - 04:15 PM.

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

try letting the magazine warm up a little.  The gas will settle and expand better when the magazine is not freshly cold from just being filled.

Also, as a pro-tip, do not store the KP8 long term with the hammer cocked.  Your power will go down if the spring wears.

#6 Tollis

Tollis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

You somehow cracked the part of the magazine where it is between the feed lip and where the follower engages the slide lock, it happened to me, so I can almost guarantee that is what happened.

#7 LoneRegister

LoneRegister

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

Your having problems due to the low temperatures here in phoenix.  I am in phoenix as well - and play with Rebel union both at their field and at Fighter town.

When I use the pistol (KP45) in the morning it's about 55 or so - and sometimes it will not lock.  Certainly if I crank a bunch of shots off - it will fail to lock.

Then later in the day, when it's warmed up a bit - and the gun has sat - it shoots fine and locks fine.

I believe that the gas is VERY temperature sensitive - and it's pressure drops according to temperature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users