#1 Jeremy314

Jeremy314

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Scifi, anime, airsoft, PS3 gaming

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:23 AM

I was looking at the '09 catalog a while back and saw that a newer version of the 226 was "supposed" to be coming out this year. All I've seen from the pistols so far is the USP/KP 45 tact and match, and M9 PTPs.

I was just wondering if this will be released to normal retailers that carry the older version (AEX is where I got mine) or if this was just something we had to order from KWA directly. Or is this something that's been pushed back to next year like the AK and whatnot.

Debating on selling my older version and getting a new one if they're coming out anytime in the next couple of months.

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:52 AM

A new batch of M226 just arrived.  They will be available to your local retailers soon.

#3 btieleman

btieleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 08:57 PM

If I could trouble you, I'd like to understand what new features/improvements are incorporated in the new release, and what would be the best/easiest way to learn when they become officially available at authorized retailers.  Thanks very much for your time and consideration.

#4 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

It's really no new feature.  Just made it more reliable.

#5 btieleman

btieleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

More reliable is surely a good thing, and certainly worth waiting for.  Thanks very much for the prompt feedback.  If you have and can provide any insight as to when these new gen 226's will be available at retail, I'd appreciate it.  I intend to purchase one as soon as practicable, and would like to know when to start looking in earnest.

Thanks again.

#6 double_action

double_action

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

So I just ordered a M226. How would I be able to tell if it's the 2009 version, and if it's not, would there be a way to upgrade it to the 2009 version?

#7 btieleman

btieleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:59 AM

I emailed KWA sales before discovering these forums, and just got a response today...

"There is no new version for m226 in 2010. The current model already have updated reinforced internal and is already being deploy as training weapon."  

...but this thread (allizard), and correspondence with my retailer who ostensibly spoke with KWA, seems to contradict this.  So I have to ask, will there really be an improved version out shortly, or am I waiting in vain?  Thanks!

#8 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

The current release have KWA markings and added serial numbers.  A couple parts are reinforced.  

I wouldn't call it new feature or significant update.

#9 btieleman

btieleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:19 PM

Understood.  Cosmetics and minor reinforcements notwithstanding, anything released/purchased this year (2009) is essentially the same piece as what retailers will be restocking with in 2010.  No major upgrades/changes are planned.  All I needed to clarify.  Thank you again for your support and consideration.

#10 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

the updated version is already on their way to the retailers.

Unlike the AEG models that are updated annually, GBB models(namely PTP) are updated at random intervals as the year progresses.  Each updated release may incorporate minute details and improvements that the previous release did not see.  This is to keep up to date with any LEO/M contracted orders and demands throughout the year.

Since 2010 is not here yet, the current run of guns are still referred to as 2009 models.

#11 btieleman

btieleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

Understood.  Thanks very much for the additional information and clarification.  I'll be keeping a close eye out.  Much appreciated.

#12 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:18 PM

Spiggy, on 29 December 2009 - 04:41 PM, said:

the updated version is already on their way to the retailers.

Unlike the AEG models that are updated annually, GBB models(namely PTP) are updated at random intervals as the year progresses.  Each updated release may incorporate minute details and improvements that the previous release did not see.  This is to keep up to date with any LEO/M contracted orders and demands throughout the year.

Since 2010 is not here yet, the current run of guns are still referred to as 2009 models.

Guess you cant tell me if any new GBB models are coming out  :gun: I looked on airsoft gi for the P226 and I couldn't find it. I guess I am going to hold out for 2 weeks and see what new products KWA is coming out with. Also how long will it take the GBB models to hit airsoftgi. Cause i know the AEGs took to SEP 09 but I think the GBBs was released sooner? I cant remember..

#13 subman719

subman719

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Computers, Photography, My Family

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:06 AM

btieleman, on 27 December 2009 - 06:59 PM, said:

More reliable is surely a good thing, and certainly worth waiting for.  Thanks very much for the prompt feedback.  If you have and can provide any insight as to when these new gen 226's will be available at retail, I'd appreciate it.  I intend to purchase one as soon as practicable, and would like to know when to start looking in earnest.

Thanks again.
It's available at Air Armory! http://www.airarmory...id=558&name=KWA M226 PTP Full Metal Gas Blow Back

#14 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

Not anymore LOL They sell out QUICK

#15 btieleman

btieleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

Unless there was a mad rush on them, they must've gotten very few, and I must've gotten one.  

Thanks very much for the heads-up, subman719.

#16 subman719

subman719

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Computers, Photography, My Family

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:20 PM

btieleman, on 06 January 2010 - 04:05 PM, said:

Unless there was a mad rush on them, they must've gotten very few, and I must've gotten one.  

Thanks very much for the heads-up, subman719.
I sure hope you bought the second to last one because I just bought the LAST ONE! If you didn't get one, my deepest appologies. However, I'm sure they will have more soon. You can call them to find out when they'll have more in.

#17 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:08 PM

They told me they had those 3 on order for months  :blink:

#18 btieleman

btieleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

Absolutely no apologies necessary, even if I had missed out this time.  

I'm pleased to report that I must have indeed gotten the second to last one.  Glad that you got one too, and I hope that there are more to go around soon for Hitman07/everyone.  Thanks again for the heads-up.

#19 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

I guess btieleman, sub, and me was the ones to get the 3 P226 : D

#20 subman719

subman719

Enthusiast