14 replies to this topic

#1 4ss4ssin

4ss4ssin

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

I have 5 KWA MP7 magazines and 2 of them are perfect but 3 of them leak when being filled. I noticed that this is because that the 2 that work have a rubber grommet in the base of where you fill the green gas in  and I guess the nozzle presses on that and gas doesnít t leak out. Anyway the 3 that donít work donít have them. Can I get an exchange for some new ones or something to fix this. I would prefer to be sent the little rubber grommets so I can jus stick them down in the hole myself it would be a lot easier. Please Advise. Thanks

Allizard you have some values I can get?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:05 PM

View Post4ss4ssin, on 09 December 2009 - 08:25 PM, said:

I have 5 KWA MP7 magazines and 2 of them are perfect but 3 of them leak when being filled. I noticed that this is because that the 2 that work have a rubber grommet in the base of where you fill the green gas in and I guess the nozzle presses on that and gas doesn't t leak out. Anyway the 3 that don't work don't have them. Can I get an exchange for some new ones or something to fix this. I would prefer to be sent the little rubber grommets so I can jus stick them down in the hole myself it would be a lot easier. Please Advise. Thanks

Allizard you have some values I can get?
Have you called Customer service to ask if the gaskets are available?

#3 crater.manic@gmail.com

crater.manic@gmail.com

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:17 AM

The rubber o-rings at the fill valves do fall off so it is really the user's responsibility to make sure they don't pop out after a fill.

Any decent silicone o-ring will do and they cost next to nothing at hardware stores. Just keep some spares at home. I use 1mm diameter hole 3mm external diameter o-rings as replacements. If KWA can specify the dimensions of all the o-rings used in the KWA, that would be fantastic.

What I normally do, I would put a drop of silicone oil into the fill hole before charging gas to ensure that the o-rings outside and inside are lubed. Also, I'll also spray silicone oil into the output hole and press the firing-pin valve repeatedly to lube the valve.

This way, none of my gas mag hisses.

#4 4ss4ssin

4ss4ssin

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:04 PM

View Postcrater.manic@gmail.com, on 11 December 2009 - 06:17 AM, said:

The rubber o-rings at the fill valves do fall off so it is really the user's responsibility to make sure they don't pop out after a fill.

Any decent silicone o-ring will do and they cost next to nothing at hardware stores. Just keep some spares at home. I use 1mm diameter hole 3mm external diameter o-rings as replacements. If KWA can specify the dimensions of all the o-rings used in the KWA, that would be fantastic.

What I normally do, I would put a drop of silicone oil into the fill hole before charging gas to ensure that the o-rings outside and inside are lubed. Also, I'll also spray silicone oil into the output hole and press the firing-pin valve repeatedly to lube the valve.

This way, none of my gas mag hisses.

hey so what size o rings should i get? where to get them? i already of contacted KWA and the place i bought them from: airsoftgi.....why isnt this already ava. on this site? it doesnt take forever to manufacture them...

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:53 AM

we don't sell the o-rings separate, they come inside the valve.  Also they're near impossible to find stateside (atleast in sane amounts.)  Expect to buy 500 of them at a time if you do find any.

If it's not listed, contact the sales office and ask them.  They're around.

#6 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

Interesting...

I just bought my first spare magazine (a KSC 20 round one), and it was missing the o-ring out of the box. I can still fill it up, but I lose a lot of gas and it's hard to gauge how much is going into the magazine or not (...leaving me a bit concerned about over-filling)

Edited by Hibiki, 17 December 2009 - 02:49 PM.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:02 PM

View PostHibiki, on 17 December 2009 - 02:48 PM, said:

Interesting...

I just bought my first spare magazine (a KSC 20 round one), and it was missing the o-ring out of the box. I can still fill it up, but I lose a lot of gas and it's hard to gauge how much is going into the magazine or not (...leaving me a bit concerned about over-filling)
Over filling shouldn't be an issue. Loosing gas is the issue! I have seen this in my m19 mags and in the KP45 my son has.

If anyone finds a cheep way to get the gaskets perhaps they can post it?

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:50 PM

There are certain cases when removing that external o-ring actually allows the magazine to fill much more.  This is because the O-ring stops the fill valve from opening to the largest position and allowing the maximum amount of gas to fill.

This is of course, at the sacrifice of some gas.
-A lot of people remove those o-rings on purpose, we install them from the factory because some people fill gas on the field (in the middle of a combat zone) and we didn't want them to lose their position.

The fill valve is actually a complicated piece of engineering, it will vent when it's too full or too hot, this will keep your mag from exploding. This will keep it from overfilling

#9 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

Are we allowed to post links to places to buy things?

In the Buy/Sell section of ASF(AirSoft Forums), I found a member selling 5-packs of spare fill-valve O-rings for $3.50.  If you have an account on the forums, search for his user account "Suzaku" and find his thread in the "Airsoft Items For Sale" section.  

I don't have any experience dealing with him or anyone else on ASF however, so I can't attest to his reputability. But, I'll probably buy some from him, if I don't find any other reasonable online dealers.

#10 4ss4ssin

4ss4ssin

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:57 PM

View PostHibiki, on 17 December 2009 - 05:40 PM, said:

Are we allowed to post links to places to buy things?

In the Buy/Sell section of ASF(AirSoft Forums), I found a member selling 5-packs of spare fill-valve O-rings for $3.50.  If you have an account on the forums, search for his user account "Suzaku" and find his thread in the "Airsoft Items For Sale" section.  

I don't have any experience dealing with him or anyone else on ASF however, so I can't attest to his reputability. But, I'll probably buy some from him, if I don't find any other reasonable online dealers.

thanks for responses. Anyway i selling it now because my main weapon broke and i need money for a new primary and SMG aint great on distances. so if anyone reads this and wants to buy a KWA MP7 comes with 5 mags and silicon oil with a AI propane adapter and a padded foam case made for real guns. contact me by email: danph7@gmail.com

Edited by 4ss4ssin, 21 December 2009 - 03:59 PM.

#11 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

Well i had the problem were the o-ring in the fill valvle fell out well i kinda freeked out but being resourscfull as i am i took one of my gauges rubberbands out and placed it in the falve to replace the o ring and it fits realy snugly and makes a good replacement. I believe it was a 14 rubber band but im not sure ill have to find out next time i go to the piercing shop at the mall i go to but any piercing shop would have them and they are pretty cheap and you dont have to buy large quantities of them i think it may be a size 12 gauge or a size 14 gauge rubberband.

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

View PostVamp2269, on 26 January 2010 - 06:27 PM, said:

Well i had the problem were the o-ring in the fill valvle fell out well i kinda freeked out but being resourscfull as i am i took one of my gauges rubberbands out and placed it in the falve to replace the o ring and it fits realy snugly and makes a good replacement. I believe it was a 14 rubber band but im not sure ill have to find out next time i go to the piercing shop at the mall i go to but any piercing shop would have them and they are pretty cheap and you dont have to buy large quantities of them i think it may be a size 12 gauge or a size 14 gauge rubberband.

Interesting. Pictures would be nice once you get it all figured out. :gun:

#13 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

View Postgcw360, on 26 January 2010 - 08:07 PM, said:

Interesting. Pictures would be nice once you get it all figured out. :gun:
i will be soon

#14 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

well anyway i found out the size that fits and its size 14 rubberband for gages but the only problem is that i cant get the oring i put in out so i can post pictures of it and how to install them.
oh and that guy selling them for 3.50 for 5 probably just figure it out too. so save some money go to your local mall or piercing shop/tattoo parlor and pick some orings up yourself they are 4 for a dollar and where i go to at the mall i get em 6 for a dollar.

if Anyone know hot to remove orings from the fill valve please tell me?

#15 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

Well I am Kinda necro posting here now but I just bought a couple mags so I am determined to remember to take photos of the process of replaceing the O-ring in the fill valve.
It is a size 14 gage rubberband that you can find at any piercing shop at the mall or tattoo parlors, anyway they fit awesome and create an extremely nice seal. The only problem is that it works too well I havnt been able to remove the old damaged o-ring from the first mag I put the replacement in. It sucks because I was wearling it for a while and it got chewed up so now I got an damaged O-ring that wont budge thats stuck in the fill valve. But dont expect the same proble as long as it is a new earing o-ring. but I will need to replace part#211. but you could probably go a size smaller like a 15 instead that would probably be easier to remove.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users