3 replies to this topic

#1 Zmac

Zmac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Kart racing, Photography, Airsoft

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

Hello. I was wondering where i could get kwa replacement parts for my m226. The parts are # 8 and #11. So ive had this for about 6 months and have used green gas in it and until a couple days ago i started using propane because its alot more cost effective. So i use propane for about a day and im in combat and my  gun drops out of my holster into the dirty and i wipe it off and such. So i go to shoot it and it shoots fine and then after about 10 rounds the gun gets jammed with the slide locked about a quarter of the way back. So when im at my house im fiddling with it and i go  to pull the slide off and its jammed up. And it wont even rack. So eventually after messing with it for about 30 minutes i get the slide off and the top piece of part #8 is cracked off and shortly followed by half of #11. So i'm a little ticked off with something thats supposed to be "professional". But I will appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Zach

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:14 PM

Zach,

Parts #8 and #11 is available to order directly from KWA customer service.  
Please be advised that we do not recommend using propane on any of our gas gun.  I understand green gas contain propane however, it's pre-mixed with proper amount of silicon oil.  Propane is completely dry and it will damage the internal when there is not enough lubrication.

#3 Zmac

Zmac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Kart racing, Photography, Airsoft

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

do you have a price estimate on the parts? but what is the correct oil mixture on the silicone?

#4 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

Zmac, a general rule of thumb that most Airsofters go by is to add a couple of drops of silicone oil every 5-10 magazines. It might take a bit of experimentation to find the right ratio, and some guns require more than others (I don't have any experience with the M226). Just be sure to take down and thoroughly clean and lube the gun, which you should do periodically anyway (especially if you drop it in the dirt!).

If you do some searching, you can find better, more comprehensive information on how to do these things than the little I've written here. I strongly recommend doing so, as investing a little time into learning proper maintenance will save you a lot of money and trouble down the road!

Edited by Hibiki, 02 December 2009 - 08:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users