• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Keo1719

Keo1719

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

I was testing out all the functions of my KP45 match a week after I got it and noticed that when the safety is engaged and you pull the trigger (gently and slowly of course to void damage) there was about a half a centimeter of play, in which the trigger was able to move back. The trigger does stop eventually, hence the safety working, but is this amount of play normal for this pistol?

Side Question: My one mag is pretty leaky, although it is winter time in Michigan, it leaks to the point of the mag not accepting any gas at all, it is well lubed as well. Ill try again to fill it in warm weather, but by that time, my warranty will be out, I wonder if its just a lemon mag and should consult KWA?

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

View PostKeo1719, on 01 December 2009 - 12:03 AM, said:

I was testing out all the functions of my KP45 match a week after I got it and noticed that when the safety is engaged and you pull the trigger (gently and slowly of course to void damage) there was about a half a centimeter of play, in which the trigger was able to move back. The trigger does stop eventually, hence the safety working, but is this amount of play normal for this pistol?

Side Question: My one mag is pretty leaky, although it is winter time in Michigan, it leaks to the point of the mag not accepting any gas at all, it is well lubed as well. Ill try again to fill it in warm weather, but by that time, my warranty will be out, I wonder if its just a lemon mag and should consult KWA?
Yes, it's normal, but it's not how the safety is supposed to be used.  The safety is supposedly best when deployed in condition 1 of weapon carry (Cocked, Chamber Loaded, Safety On).

Now, is the thing leaking out, or is it just not filling?  You should have no problem with this if you're indoors in a heated room. You'll want to take note that excessive lubrication will also stop the function of your gun.

#3 Keo1719

Keo1719

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:20 PM

Its not leaking out, It won't fill to begin with. It is not excessively lubed either, but fully noted. I've taken apart the mag to specifically see the nozzle and valve for issues, none that I can see. I am having a bit of trouble putting the base back into the magazine and securing the bottom pins back. The rubberized seal detent is keeping the pinholes from lining up, got to find a way to press it down a bit further (it takes a lot of elbow grease). After putting it back together I'll let you know how it works. Thanks.

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:44 PM

sounds like you have a gas can issue.  What are you using?

#5 Keo1719

Keo1719

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

I have the version 2 Sapien Arms propane adaptor, and I am running my mag on propane. The adapter sticks some times and doesn't feed the gas through all the time. However, I don't believe its the can/adapter for it fills mags for my other GBBs fine. I also, have put back together the KP45 Match magazine, and found slight improvement, with most of the gas not making it into the magazine some does, and the gun does fire off 6 to 8 shots before depleting.

Thanks for your interest in helping me out, appreciate it.

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

the nozzle on that may not be compatible, have you tried removing the floorplate of the magazine prior to filling gas?

Remember that all guns are different, there are no one-size fits all items. It's murphy's law.

#7 Keo1719

Keo1719

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:04 AM

you are right, Ill test different adaptors, etc. and see what comes about. And I will try the floor plate removal, thanks!

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:13 PM

no prob!

Chime back when you get the answer, I'm sure everyone here will want to know the results

#9 Keo1719

Keo1719

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:19 AM

So i discovered that my magazine still fills (under really warm temps.) and the potential problem that i was having could be because there is a bit of lee way space between my propane adapter engaging the seal on the magazine and allowing gas to flow in. I attempted filling the mag up really slow and heart a slight pop noise where the tip of the adapter engaged and opened the seal, and with a little bit more push the gas flowed in relatively smoothly. Not sure if this is a sure fix yet, but its improvement.

Side question II: Got a question I didn't think was a huge enough deal to start another thread...my decocker switch when used decocks the gun fine, however it does not disengage the cocking hammer back to its original position. It disengages but leaves about a centimeter of space before its home. The hammer is stuck in this position, meaning it wont go forward with pushing slightly on it (was being careful). It does though, go home quite crisply, when I pull the trigger on the gun again, after decocking. Is this normal?

#10 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

The decocker puts the gun into half-cock position.  This is a position where the hammer is at rest, but not on the firing pin.

This way if you drop it and it lands on the hammer, your gun doesn't discharge and someone loses an eye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users