• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mechwar420

mechwar420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:57 PM

I'm looking between the two and some of the results have been sketchy.

KP45
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=1400

KP45 NS2
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=4625

I'm wondering the pros and cons between the two.  Like the NS2 version only gets about 30 rounds per gas fill, and the regular model would get around 3 mags for a single fill.  Also theres people talking about rattling of the gun which is usual, but mags that won't stay in the guns.  The recoil springs between the two.
I've bought 3 M17s before and I'm very satisfied with the stock performance.  Get about 3 mags per fill, blowback is crisp, and little to no rattle.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:41 PM

asking pro and con is rather a broad question, what exactly are you looking for?

The old type obviously is phased out, the engine is out of date and no longer updated, where as which the NS2 is the newest incarnation with much more realistic feel.

#3 mechwar420

mechwar420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 24 November 2009 - 04:41 PM, said:

asking pro and con is rather a broad question, what exactly are you looking for?

The old type obviously is phased out, the engine is out of date and no longer updated, where as which the NS2 is the newest incarnation with much more realistic feel.

So on one fill of gas with the NS2 I would only get 30 shots? I've heard 2 different things on this.  Some getting only 30rds, and some getting like 3 mags worth. I'm just wanting to make sure that there's enough gas to lock the slide on the last shot.
If I were to buy an older one would parts in the pro-shop still be available in the future?

#4 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

It's rather hard to answer your question because gas efficiency affects by temperature.  So if you are in a very cold environment you will not be able to empty out the magazine in one fill on most non-ns2 gun.

ProShop usually still carries most commonly replaced parts for a couple more years after the gun is been discontinue.

#5 mechwar420

mechwar420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

I picked up the NS2 model, and I am very happy with the purchase.

Last questions though about parts for the NS2.  Will the ProShop be updated soon with parts for the NS2?  Also are there some of the parts from the old model compatible with the NS2?

#6 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

Only a few shares the same parts.  If you are looking for something and not listed in ProShop then call the service desk directly.

#7 mechwar420

mechwar420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:59 PM

Aight sounds good, thanks a bunch for taking the time to help.

#8 Ballin

Ballin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

I have a KP45 ns2 and it works great so far, im using the kp8 match mags and get 30 rounds. As for the green gas fills I get about a mag and a few shots to a mag and a half.

#9 pac719

pac719

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:00 PM

the newer ns2 have kwa trade marks and new orange tip. ogoing to get the gun eventuly

Edited by pac719, 08 February 2010 - 06:05 PM.

#10 Tsunka

Tsunka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:38 PM

The only thing different on the new system 2 is the mag seal shape and the Blow back unit as well as the recoil and barrel assembly.

I prefer the old type blow back unit as the loading muzzle doesn't have the plastic nub (pushes the bbs into the chamber) on the loading muzzle that can break off. However the old type blow back unit has an inner tube that can break completely off in some way that causes catastrophic failure and it comes out the barrel and then you know you're done.

#11 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

the performance and function dynamics are extremely different as well.  

It's not just the engine's design

#12 Tsunka

Tsunka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

Yap I have encountered the performance (its pretty awesome) and function with mah own 2 hands!
the loading muzzle is just one plastic moving thing that combines and simplifies the inner workings(less junk to get ruined eh) while the loading nozzle on the old type was stationary and made of many pieces with the black plastic blow back unit doing the moving work (I really like how unique the old system was but I have seen a weak point in it during a game someones m11 spit out a piece of the loading muzzle at me then fired bbs no more).

Oh and I may have found out why the recoil spring got a redesign (besides being user friendly to change barrels) The black part on the end of the recoil rod that cams with the outer barrel on my old system recently sheared from my recoil rod and resulted in me doing some machining and having some quality time with drill rod and teensy drill bits.
The new design puts less stress on this part I guess and thats just cool beans with me. Good job KWA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users