• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ChinaFriedPanda

ChinaFriedPanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:54 AM

Okay, I know this topic has been touched on a few times throughout this forum, but I just wanted a straightforward answer to a seemingly simple question: on a km4a1, should i get the commercial or mil-spec version of the magpul CTR carbine stock? If I need to specify anything else, please tell me. I have an order waiting on this decision, and I'd rather just get the right one the first time and not have to ship it back. (here's the comparison picture: http://www.magpul.co...uffertubeid.pdf)

#2 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:29 AM

View PostChinaFriedPanda, on 16 November 2009 - 12:54 AM, said:

Okay, I know this topic has been touched on a few times throughout this forum, but I just wanted a straightforward answer to a seemingly simple question: on a km4a1, should i get the commercial or mil-spec version of the magpul CTR carbine stock? If I need to specify anything else, please tell me. I have an order waiting on this decision, and I'd rather just get the right one the first time and not have to ship it back. (here's the comparison picture: http://www.magpul.co...uffertubeid.pdf)

MAGPUL PTS will do. http://www.magpul-pts.com/

#3 ChinaFriedPanda

ChinaFriedPanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

View PostkarMeister, on 16 November 2009 - 04:29 AM, said:

oh, ok, sweet, but still, does anyone know the diameter of the buffer tube? (thanks though.)

#4 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:39 AM

I believe our buffer tube is mil-spec.  If you get the civi version will be loose.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:50 AM

View Postallizard, on 16 November 2009 - 09:39 AM, said:

I believe our buffer tube is mil-spec.  If you get the civi version will be loose.
Allizard is correct.  The buffer tube on the KWA M4A1 is Mil-Spec.

#6 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:17 AM

View Postgcw360, on 16 November 2009 - 09:50 AM, said:

Allizard is correct.  The buffer tube on the KWA M4A1 is Mil-Spec.

the diameter is... the length isnt. :icecream:

#7 ChinaFriedPanda

ChinaFriedPanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:16 AM

View Postallizard, on 16 November 2009 - 09:39 AM, said:

thank you guys so much! Man, forums are such lifesavers. (Allizard, your pic cracks me up every time :lol: )

#8 ChinaFriedPanda

ChinaFriedPanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:36 AM

Oh, here's a slightly unrelated question that someone might be able to answer: would a QD sling mount Posted Image fit in this Posted Image

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:49 AM

View PostChinaFriedPanda, on 16 November 2009 - 11:36 AM, said:

Oh, here's a slightly unrelated question that someone might be able to answer: would a QD sling mount Posted Image fit in this Posted Image

Mine does, yes.

#10 ChinaFriedPanda

ChinaFriedPanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:10 PM

Sweet, thanks so much... but ONE last question (i guess i should start a new topic, but i'd rather not): I was first planning on having all my furniture (as in everything except the body & barrel) in olive drab, but it just so happens that magpul pts doesnt make an olive drab handguard, there's only black, dark earth, and foliage green. BUT, i've seen on the standard magpul website that they DO make an OD hanguard, but I THINK it's designed for real steel (http://www.magpul.co...products_id=303). The only question I have for that is: would a battery fit in it? I'd think as long as there's some space in there, I'd be able to get something in there, be it a lipo or 8.4 nimh. It would be most ideal to fit a 9.6 nimh nunchuck in there somehow (or even a crane stock battery if that would work lol). Maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about and can help me out. If it's not possible, should I go with foliage green or dark earth? I'm over here in WA where it's mostly dark green (hence the desire for OD) plus a lot of (brown) dirt, so it could go either way. My first instinct would be to get the dark earth and give it a bit of camo paint, and it would seem that a brown color would be a better base color. I can't tell all of you how thankful I am (I know, it sounds stupid, but I do mean it) for all your tips n' stuff.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

View PostChinaFriedPanda, on 16 November 2009 - 02:10 PM, said:

Sweet, thanks so much... but ONE last question (i guess i should start a new topic, but i'd rather not): I was first planning on having all my furniture (as in everything except the body & barrel) in olive drab, but it just so happens that magpul pts doesnt make an olive drab handguard, there's only black, dark earth, and foliage green. BUT, i've seen on the standard magpul website that they DO make an OD hanguard, but I THINK it's designed for real steel (http://www.magpul.co...products_id=303). The only question I have for that is: would a battery fit in it? I'd think as long as there's some space in there, I'd be able to get something in there, be it a lipo or 8.4 nimh. It would be most ideal to fit a 9.6 nimh nunchuck in there somehow (or even a crane stock battery if that would work lol). Maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about and can help me out. If it's not possible, should I go with foliage green or dark earth? I'm over here in WA where it's mostly dark green (hence the desire for OD) plus a lot of (brown) dirt, so it could go either way. My first instinct would be to get the dark earth and give it a bit of camo paint, and it would seem that a brown color would be a better base color. I can't tell all of you how thankful I am (I know, it sounds stupid, but I do mean it) for all your tips n' stuff.
The MAG-PUL MOE is the same as the PTS except that it has a metal heat-shield inside.  Now, I do not own one so I can't tell you how esay, or not, it is to remove, but I can tell you others have.  Also, the MOE is less expensive than the PTS.  

Regarding the batteries it can hold, I'm pretty sure a 8.4v mini will fit. So, that would mean a 7.4v lipo or 11.1v lipo will fit as well I think.

If you look on the thread: "KWA M4 Series Photo Gallery This is where you can show off your gun", there are a number of people who use the hand guard you are looking at and could give you direct experience if you PM them.

Hope this helps.

#12 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:43 PM

View Postgcw360, on 16 November 2009 - 03:56 PM, said:

The MAG-PUL MOE is the same as the PTS except that it has a metal heat-shield inside.  Now, I do not own one so I can't tell you how esay, or not, it is to remove, but I can tell you others have.  Also, the MOE is less expensive than the PTS.  

Regarding the batteries it can hold, I'm pretty sure a 8.4v mini will fit. So, that would mean a 7.4v lipo or 11.1v lipo will fit as well I think.

If you look on the thread: "KWA M4 Series Photo Gallery This is where you can show off your gun", there are a number of people who use the hand guard you are looking at and could give you direct experience if you PM them.

Hope this helps.

yes youre right thats because Magpul MOE stuff is Magpuls "economy" class hehe! :whistle:

#13 ChinaFriedPanda

ChinaFriedPanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:21 AM

yeah, my only worry is that on airsoftgi, they say its not battery compatible, but that could just be because they're airsoftgi. (http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=5830) I dunno, I think I might just go with the dark earth and just give it a bit of spray paint to better fit the environment. Thanks again to everyone.

#14 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:35 AM

View PostChinaFriedPanda, on 17 November 2009 - 08:21 AM, said:

yeah, my only worry is that on airsoftgi, they say its not battery compatible, but that could just be because they're airsoftgi. (http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=5830) I dunno, I think I might just go with the dark earth and just give it a bit of spray paint to better fit the environment. Thanks again to everyone.

you cant go wrong with duracoat hehe!  :thumbsup:

#15 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

View PostkarMeister, on 16 November 2009 - 04:29 AM, said:

+1 use the Airsoft-Dedicated stock, you'll be much happier (your wallet will be too!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users