C36\upgrade spring\what battery voltage is best?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sneakers

sneakers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:39 PM

I ordered the C36 with lipo 11.1\

I have a couple of questions

Can i run different battery voltage without issues?
I wanted to get the 9.6 and a 8.4, and possibility the 7.4 lipo as well
The reason, depends if i am playing with kids vers adults\adults get the 11.1 and kids get the 7.4, am a newbe..so any feed back is much appreciated.

I know voltage effect fire rates ps.

But someone told me i should stick with only one voltage, cause it could cause issues with the gearbox.
If this is true then what would be a good voltage, where wear is not an issue\or if it is an issue at all.
I feel with the upgraded gear box that is should take what i can throw at it.

And i was thinking to step up the spring rate from a 120 to a 130..
Do i have to make any other changes besides upgrading the spring?

thanks

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

View Postsneakers, on 15 November 2009 - 05:39 PM, said:

I ordered the C36 with lipo 11.1\

I have a couple of questions

Can i run different battery voltage without issues?
I wanted to get the 9.6 and a 8.4, and possibility the 7.4 lipo as well
The reason, depends if i am playing with kids vers adults\adults get the 11.1 and kids get the 7.4, am a newbe..so any feed back is much appreciated.

I know voltage effect fire rates ps.

But someone told me i should stick with only one voltage, cause it could cause issues with the gearbox.
If this is true then what would be a good voltage, where wear is not an issue\or if it is an issue at all.
I feel with the upgraded gear box that is should take what i can throw at it.

And i was thinking to step up the spring rate from a 120 to a 130..
Do i have to make any other changes besides upgrading the spring?

thanks
I know of no reason you can not use other voltages in your gun, or any adverse effects from using multiple batteries.  Higher voltages do increase the ROF for an AEG and wear is greater over a shorter period of time because of the increased ROF and the stress that results.  

Higher voltage batteries also could cause the trigger contacts to wear more quickly than their lower voltage counter parts due to arcing.

Regarding what battery voltage is best?  Well, that is subjective.  I like 11.1 Lipo because I like the ROF.  If you want to be more realistic (more like real steel) then drop the voltage down to get a more real life ROF.

Why do you want to upgrade the spring?

#3 sneakers

sneakers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for feedback

I had changed the order am going to use the 9.6 2000mha for now, till i get more info on the Lipo.
My buddy did some research on the subject and it does seem to add more wear and tear on the gun like u mention\one web page stated that if you continue with a steady trigger pull on the lipo you could fry your gun, and I mean it could catch the battery on fire...so am backing off for now.

Although I was eyeing the 7.4 lipo 4000mha, how does that stack up against the 9.6 volt... do i lose ROF?
And if so.. will it be kind of a wash as far as having a battery that I can use all day? or just go with the 9.6 4000mha brick instead?

I was thinking about upgrading the spring rate for a higher FPS, for now I will hold back until I wear out the stock spring...

What are your thoughts on upgrading to a 130 spring?
Do I need to change any other parts to accommodate the stiffer spring..or does the gun already have the internals to handle it?

thanks

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:09 AM

View Postsneakers, on 16 November 2009 - 10:45 AM, said:

Thanks for feedback

I had changed the order am going to use the 9.6 2000mha for now, till i get more info on the Lipo.
My buddy did some research on the subject and it does seem to add more wear and tear on the gun like u mention\one web page stated that if you continue with a steady trigger pull on the lipo you could fry your gun, and I mean it could catch the battery on fire...so am backing off for now.

Although I was eyeing the 7.4 lipo 4000mha, how does that stack up against the 9.6 volt... do i lose ROF?
And if so.. will it be kind of a wash as far as having a battery that I can use all day? or just go with the 9.6 4000mha brick instead?

I was thinking about upgrading the spring rate for a higher FPS, for now I will hold back until I wear out the stock spring...

What are your thoughts on upgrading to a 130 spring?
Do I need to change any other parts to accommodate the stiffer spring..or does the gun already have the internals to handle it?

thanks

It sounds to me that you have enough concerns regarding Lipo's for the moment.  They are a bit tricky.  They need to be balanced, not overly discharged, and require proper physical handling.  That said, they do provide great performance.

The 9.6 battery you are looking at will reqire much less attention than a lipo.  Regarding ROF differences, I have not compared a 9.6  to a 7.4 Lipo.  My guess is that the ROF will be lower with the 7.4 due to the lower voltage.

Regarding a stiffer spring, while there is no need to upgrade your internals with an M130 spring, they (the internals) will be under higher stress and therefore should wear more quickly than with the stock spring and therefore maintenance becomes even more critical.  

Just out of curiosity, what FPS are you looking to attain?  Buy adding a TBB you could pick up both accuracy and about 20 FPS, give or take.

#5 sneakers

sneakers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

I would go that route...a nice TBB tight bore and what brand would you recommend? I know Madbull makes some good barrels, but I will get anything that is good quality. I did not know you can pickup on FPS with just a barrel upgrade, 20 FPS would be nice along side with better accuracy...any suggestions would be great,  
Thanks

Edited by sneakers, 16 November 2009 - 12:17 PM.

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:25 PM

I'm a fan of the harder metal barrels.  The aluminum Madbull ones, while economical, feels too flimsy for use.

EDGi has one coming around.  I don't know if it's ready to go though.

#7 sneakers

sneakers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:40 PM

Thanks

Where is a good site for barrel upgrades\should i put in a 285mmor stay with a 247mm?
what is a good bore to get a 6.03\6.04\?
is there a site that can provide airsoft basics\like how to take apart gear boxes\replace barrels\and hopups?

I am a good computer tech\auto mech, so i feel that i can handle an airsoft, if i can find some good documentation..

thanks

what about this upgrade
Parts: KWA A.E.G. High Performance 2G Hop Up Bucking for KM4 series and KG36c
EdGI 6.01mm Inner Barrel [273mm]\hide the barrel with flash hider\or Silencer

Edited by sneakers, 17 November 2009 - 12:48 PM.

#8 JustShootHimAlready

JustShootHimAlready

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

View Postsneakers, on 17 November 2009 - 12:40 PM, said:

Thanks

Where is a good site for barrel upgrades\should i put in a 285mmor stay with a 247mm?
what is a good bore to get a 6.03\6.04\?
is there a site that can provide airsoft basics\like how to take apart gear boxes\replace barrels\and hopups?

I am a good computer tech\auto mech, so i feel that i can handle an airsoft, if i can find some good documentation..

thanks

what about this upgrade
Parts: KWA A.E.G. High Performance 2G Hop Up Bucking for KM4 series and KG36c
EdGI 6.01mm Inner Barrel [273mm]\hide the barrel with flash hider\or Silencer

I'm not really a fan of the 6.01s because they require a lot more cleaning and the difference in performance (in my opinion) isn't worth it. 6.03 is good and I also prefer stainless steel barrels. Maybe try a prometheus 6.03? http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=5626
It's a little pricy but it's a nice barrel and the correct length so you wont need a silencer.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

View PostJustShootHimAlready, on 24 November 2009 - 08:33 PM, said:

I'm not really a fan of the 6.01s because they require a lot more cleaning and the difference in performance (in my opinion) isn't worth it. 6.03 is good and I also prefer stainless steel barrels. Maybe try a prometheus 6.03? http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=5626
It's a little pricy but it's a nice barrel and the correct length so you wont need a silencer.

I have a different opinion.  I have an EdGI 6.01 in my M4 and have put between 6-8 thousand rounds without and residue build up that significantly affected the gun's performance.  I believe that much of this is due to the fact that the barrel is well maintained to begin with and that the BB's I use are well matched to the barrel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users