• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 catfish787

catfish787

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:58 AM

I am thinking about purchasing a GBB pistol. I would like to purchase a PTP 1911, but it heavily depends on if it can run on propane or not. I see that is says "GREEN GAS ONLY!" but,Propane is readily accessible for me and is much more economical for me, I don't live near any airsoft stores where I can easily pick up green gas. I was going to use the propane along with silicon oil with a special propane/silicon adapter. Will this work for this model, or any other KWA pistol models or will I just have to purchase a propane ready brand? Thank you.

Edited by catfish787, 12 November 2009 - 09:58 AM.

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:52 PM

The use of Propane is not recommend and may void your warranty. With that said, if you insist on using propane then make sure you use generous amount of "non-petroleum" silicone oil every time you gas up. A generous amount is 3 or more drops.

#3 catfish787

catfish787

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:04 PM

Thanks, I appreciate it.

#4 gabe940

gabe940

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:20 PM

Propane IS green gas. They are the same compound, the only difference is green gas doesn't stink and has some silicone oil added. Just get a propane adapter with a silicone port and you'll be fine.

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:52 PM

View Postgabe940, on 06 December 2009 - 12:20 PM, said:

Propane IS green gas. They are the same compound, the only difference is green gas doesn't stink and has some silicone oil added. Just get a propane adapter with a silicone port and you'll be fine.

CORRECTION!!

Propane is Green gas WITHOUT the silicon and perfume.  We don't recommend them because there is NO PROPER AMOUNT of silicon oil can be apply.  So from manufacture stand point we can't warranty something that can't be measured.   On the other hand, Green gas is pre-mixed so it's got the minimum require amount of lubricant.

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:08 PM

View Postgabe940, on 06 December 2009 - 12:20 PM, said:

Propane also comes in different grades based off the location of the bottling plant, each grade is a different mixture of propane and other flammable gases including methane and butane.  There's no guarantee as to what mix you're using when you purchase random bottles of propane.  Be it for welding, heating, or cooking. It's not because of the propane that voids the warranty, it's the unwarrantable mix of additives.

Green gas however, regardless of the mix is dedicated for airsoft use, based off the canister's manufacturer specifications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users