• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

View Postwillus, on 11 May 2010 - 05:36 AM, said:

Any updates since getting the TBB? How's the accuracy? The FPS jump you got with just the 6.03 is amazing. Is this common for gas guns?

I got my Mp7 last month and just love the thing and plan on fielding it at outdoor games for the summer.

Question to the developers - Any hints as to the ETA for the HPV kit? Will there be a TBB longer than 160mm?

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to do any more testing. I do know that based on one other EdGI 6.03 in an MP7 that I am aware of, a jump like I got is not unheard of. And remember that was the max FPS, not an average FPS, reading. I would expect the number to come down when I take averages. Also, the numbers are dependent on the temp of the MAG. A warm MAG will shoot harder. For the record I didn't warm the mag but I did make sure that it was not cool from filling.

Regarding the accuracy, I can easily hit a human target at 100+ feet.

IMO, you get your money's worth with this barrel. So long as you are not hampered by CQB FPS restrictions I think it's a good investment. :gun:

PS: What I would really like to put in is an High Power Bolt. If you read Radix's post earlier on in this thread you'll understand why. For me this gun is all about power to reach out far in a small package. So far it's doing that very well.

#22 willus

willus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

View Postgcw360, on 11 May 2010 - 10:14 AM, said:

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to do any more testing. I do know that based on one other EdGI 6.03 in an MP7 that I am aware of, a jump like I got is not unheard of. And remember that was the max FPS, not an average FPS, reading. I would expect the number to come down when I take averages. Also, the numbers are dependent on the temp of the MAG. A warm MAG will shoot harder. For the record I didn't warm the mag but I did make sure that it was not cool from filling.

Regarding the accuracy, I can easily hit a human target at 100+ feet.

IMO, you get your money's worth with this barrel. So long as you are not hampered by CQB FPS restrictions I think it's a good investment. :gun:

PS: What I would really like to put in is an High Power Bolt. If you read Radix's post earlier on in this thread you'll understand why. For me this gun is all about power to reach out far in a small package. So far it's doing that very well.

I took my mp7 out for a private cqb game and it chron'd around 340-350 with .20(which met the requirement). I'm taking it out next weekend to a field game and I'll find out the range. Hopefully it's competitive.

I agree with you on the point about power to size with this gun. I like more compact guns and feel this might be an all around gun(especially with an NPAS type system installed)for all scenarios.

#23 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:14 AM

View Postwillus, on 11 May 2010 - 11:07 AM, said:

I took my mp7 out for a private cqb game and it chron'd around 340-350 with .20(which met the requirement). I'm taking it out next weekend to a field game and I'll find out the range. Hopefully it's competitive.

I agree with you on the point about power to size with this gun. I like more compact guns and feel this might be an all around gun(especially with an NPAS type system installed)for all scenarios.

I haven't heard any real positive feedback about the NPAS. I would be careful before installing. :gun:

#24 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

View Postgcw360, on 05 November 2009 - 02:03 PM, said:

Ok. So I've posted a few FPS reading with my new KWA MP7 right? And it's been clocking in at about 350-370 FPS with .20 KSC BB's. And, I've gotten some higher readings too, but I had not taken the time to fill the clip, let it warm to room temp, and take initial FPS readings. Up until know, everything I recorded was after firing a number of rounds, in a cool magazine.

Well, I filled my mag with green gas, loaded it with .25 G&G BB's and had a go. Here are the results with .25 G&G BB's and .20 KSC BB's.

Everything was measure using an Xcortech X3200 chronograph. I fired single rounds and waited several seconds (about 10) between shots.

Results

.20 KSC (in order 5 rounds)
408.6 FPS
401.4 FPS
401.6 FPS
400.3 FPS
396.5 FPS

ROF = 18.16

.25 G&G (in order 6 shots)

ROF = 17.72

Now, you need to be aware of the fact that I fired the .25's first and with less time between shots. And I was not as consistent with the time between shots. I think this accounts for the wider variation of FPS readings. I then fired the .20's and, well my mind exploded! The FPS data on this gun is stunning. And, because there is a drop after just a few shots, I think it is a very good CQB gun. It gets in a CQB range quickly!

When KWA says that the MP7 shoots 380+. they mean it!

I love this gun. It's more fun to shoot than I can begin to describe.

In my mind, and since I've spent some time with the gun, .25's are the way to go. I hope to post some target performance data as soon as I have it :punk:

Now that I have an EdGI 6.03 installed I decided to do a quick test for FPS with .2 KSC Perfect BBs. Here are the results:

In order 5 rounds with about 10 seconds between shots. The mag was at room temp around 70 degrees F. Note: the first shot did not register on the chrono.

Ave 431.14

Firing faster with more shots will bring down the FPS. Subsequent shots dropped towards the 415-417 range. Also, if it was a warm day and the mag was allowed to adjust in temperature I don't think 450 FPS is out of the question. I thought some people might like to see the type of performance that you can get from the MP7 with the barrel upgrade. Accuracy will be tested next. :gun:

#25 willus

willus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:02 AM

View Postgcw360, on 11 May 2010 - 02:26 PM, said:

Now that I have an EdGI 6.03 installed I decided to do a quick test for FPS with .2 KSC Perfect BBs. Here are the results:

In order 5 rounds with about 10 seconds between shots. The mag was at room temp around 70 degrees F. Note: the first shot did not register on the chrono.

Ave 431.14

Firing faster with more shots will bring down the FPS. Subsequent shots dropped towards the 415-417 range. Also, if it was a warm day and the mag was allowed to adjust in temperature I don't think 450 FPS is out of the question. I thought some people might like to see the type of performance that you can get from the MP7 with the barrel upgrade. Accuracy will be tested next. :gun:

Looks like you're in Jersey(i'm in NY) so we are probably having the same weather. It hasn't really warmed up here yet. I'm sure this gun with the TBB will be ballistic in the summer. Along with the higher ambient air temps you'll have the mags in pouches strapped around your torso or in your pocket soaking in body heat...goos times ahead.

#26 megashooter

megashooter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

I didn't realize that the MP7s were such high fps. Good to know, since I have been looking around for something like this.

#27 willus

willus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

View Postgcw360, on 11 May 2010 - 02:26 PM, said:

Ave 431.14

Which valve do you have in the Nozzle? the white nylon one?

#28 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:55 AM

Dude where did you buy your KWA mp7? are you sure its KWA? does it have the UMAREX trademarks? All I know is that KWA never reach 400 FPS, only KSC mp7 taiwan version?

View Postgcw360, on 05 November 2009 - 02:03 PM, said:

Ok. So I've posted a few FPS reading with my new KWA MP7 right?  And it's been clocking in at about 350-370 FPS with .20 KSC BB's.  And, I've gotten some higher readings too, but I had not taken the time to fill the clip, let it warm to room temp, and take initial FPS readings.  Up until know, everything I recorded was after firing a number of rounds, in a cool magazine.

Well, I filled my mag with green gas, loaded it with .25 G&G BB's and had a go.  Here are the results with .25 G&G BB's and .20 KSC BB's.

Everything was measure using an Xcortech X3200 chronograph.  I fired single rounds and waited several seconds (about 10) between shots.

Results

.20 KSC (in order 5 rounds)
408.6 FPS
401.4 FPS
401.6 FPS
400.3 FPS
396.5 FPS

ROF = 18.16

.25 G&G (in order 6 shots)

ROF = 17.72

Now, you need to be aware of the fact that I fired the .25's first and with less time between shots.  And I was not as consistent with the time between shots.  I think this accounts for the wider variation of FPS readings.  I then fired the .20's and, well my mind exploded!  The FPS data on this gun is stunning.  And, because there is a drop after just a few shots, I think it is a very good CQB gun.  It gets in a CQB range quickly!

When KWA says that the MP7 shoots 380+. they mean it!

I love this gun.  It's more fun to shoot than I can begin to describe.  

In my mind, and since I've spent some time with the gun, .25's are the way to go.  I hope to post some target performance data as soon as I have it  :punk:

#29 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:52 AM

View Postcjboi, on 31 May 2010 - 12:55 AM, said:

Dude where did you buy your KWA mp7? are you sure its KWA? does it have the UMAREX trademarks? All I know is that KWA never reach 400 FPS, only KSC mp7 taiwan version?

There is a KWA ASIAN Version.

#30 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:56 AM

View Postcjboi, on 31 May 2010 - 12:55 AM, said:

I can assure that it is the US version and it was bought through an authorized KWA dealer purchased with UMEREX trades. As a KWA Forum Moderator located in the US, I would not post regarding specifications of a non-US or KSC product. And since this is not my CQB gun, I am fine with the high FPS.

Regarding the chrono used, I actually have two. A professional shooting Chrony F1 brand and an Xcortech x3200. The results are similar with both.

I guess I just got lucky. :gun:

#31 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

wow thats nice. Mine is a KSC mp7 taiwan and it shoots that strong. I know one of the first batch for UMAREX mp7 had the taiwan version valve in it and later on, it had to be adjusted to US market. Germany version of MP7  UMAREX (semi only) had the same flute valve as the KSC mp7a1 taiwan version. You probably got one of the first batch. :D nice gun though, I had a KWA one, didnt like it because it wasnt shooting as hard as my ksc one. Other than that KWA mp7 still an A+++ gun

View Postgcw360, on 31 May 2010 - 08:56 AM, said:

I can assure that it is the US version and it was bought through an authorized KWA dealer purchased with UMEREX trades. As a KWA Forum Moderator located in the US, I would not post regarding specifications of a non-US or KSC product. And since this is not my CQB gun, I am fine with the high FPS.

Regarding the chrono used, I actually have two. A professional shooting Chrony F1 brand and an Xcortech x3200. The results are similar with both.

I guess I just got lucky. :gun:

#32 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

yes that is true. KWA asia version is the same as the ksc taiwan version. When you buy the KWA asia version, it would come in a KSC package. Go check it out at www.EBairsoft.com, that one is KWA but it actually shoots 400+ FPS

View Posttiger, on 31 May 2010 - 04:52 AM, said:

There is a KWA ASIAN Version.

#33 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:56 PM

I have the US version and I just chronoed it at an scen game on a 90 degree day and it toped in at 434FPS I was realy suprized and wondering if it is normal or not. I had it chronoed by ASGI before it shiped and they said 336fps this was in late november but it isnt that cold in california in the winter is it 'cause that sounds like it must have been 40 degrees. But anyway how do I get the fps lower so I can use it for CQB. I have the Nylon valve. With this High fps KWA should come out with a CQB bolt that can be swaped around with the stock bolt, I'm Sure me and many others would get it so we can play indoors and at cqb killhouses.

But it was a crazy little Hellian out on the field that day but I was not filling my mags all the way which was funny to find out, and Im using bestek green gas now, MP7 performed like a champ with no hiccups but I almost lost a 20 rnd mag which would have sucked, thank god I found it.

Edited by Vamp2269, 02 June 2010 - 12:06 AM.

#34 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:10 AM

does yours have US initials or HK after the serial number on the right side of the gun? because that's weird I had the KWA before, I know for a fact that those never reach over 385+ FPS, unless its one of those first batch that had the taiwan flute valve in it. When I had my KWA it had a US initials after the serial number. There's also a KWA asia version (aka taiwan) the only difference is initials are HK instead of TW and the 1J crap instead of the real number/letters on the other side.

View PostVamp2269, on 01 June 2010 - 11:56 PM, said:

I have the US version and I just chronoed it at an scen game on a 90 degree day and it toped in at 434FPS I was realy suprized and wondering if it is normal or not. I had it chronoed by ASGI before it shiped and they said 336fps this was in late november but it isnt that cold in california in the winter is it 'cause that sounds like it must have been 40 degrees. But anyway how do I get the fps lower so I can use it for CQB. I have the Nylon valve. With this High fps KWA should come out with a CQB bolt that can be swaped around with the stock bolt, I'm Sure me and many others would get it so we can play indoors and at cqb killhouses.

But it was a crazy little Hellian out on the field that day but I was not filling my mags all the way which was funny to find out, and Im using bestek green gas now, MP7 performed like a champ with no hiccups but I almost lost a 20 rnd mag which would have sucked, thank god I found it.

Edited by cjboi, 02 June 2010 - 05:13 AM.

#35 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

I do have a Us version and It has a nylon valve in it. I did order it right when ASGI started selling them. I guess Im just taking realy good care of it and its treating me to some High fps.

Edited by Vamp2269, 02 June 2010 - 11:45 AM.

#36 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Are you sure its a nylon flute valve in it? because i had the kwa mp7 before and i know  for a fact its aluminum. The flute valve itself just looks plastic and shaped a bit different from the ksc mp7 taiwan and kwa mp7 asia with HK serial number. I mean If it was nylon then I dont think you should use propane or green gas, because that would break your flute valve for sure.

View PostVamp2269, on 02 June 2010 - 11:30 AM, said:

I do have a Us version and It has a nylon valve in it. I did order it right when ASGI started selling them. I guess Im just taking realy good care of it and its treating me to some High fps.

Edited by cjboi, 02 June 2010 - 01:38 PM.

#37 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

View Postcjboi, on 02 June 2010 - 01:36 PM, said:

Are you sure its a nylon flute valve in it? because i had the kwa mp7 before and i know  for a fact its aluminum. The flute valve itself just looks plastic and shaped a bit different from the ksc mp7 taiwan and kwa mp7 asia with HK serial number. I mean If it was nylon then I dont think you should use propane or green gas, because that would break your flute valve for sure.

No the solid chunk of nylon is what I have(I have checked) and that goes for all other US buyers that get their guns through registered distributers. It is Made to use green gas, just like all other KWA guns. My valve is nylon and so is all the other american models. I would have to assume your model is slightly different since you are from canada. And you would be surprised to see how resiliant a solid piece of nylon really is.

Edited by Vamp2269, 02 June 2010 - 03:11 PM.

#38 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

Kwa doesn't have nylon flute valve, my old kwa mp7 was from the US it had an orange flash hider. You can even ask kwa staff, nylon would not last if you were using green gas or propane. The valve does look plastic though but its not, kwa comes with reinforced nozzle too so it can withstand propane/green gas. I now have the ksc mp7 taiwan. The only difference I noticed was the inside of the bolt carrier, size of the nozzle, piston cup, flute valve were aluminum, but both of them are reinforced, better trademarks for ksc mp7. I haven't had the chance to check the ksc mp7 japan version though, but I know someone who owns it and the flute vale was platic for hfc gas.  

View PostVamp2269, on 02 June 2010 - 03:10 PM, said:

No the solid chunk of nylon is what I have(I have checked) and that goes for all other US buyers that get their guns through registered distributers. It is Made to use green gas, just like all other KWA guns. My valve is nylon and so is all the other american models. I would have to assume your model is slightly different since you are from canada. And you would be surprised to see how resiliant a solid piece of nylon really is.

Edited by cjboi, 03 June 2010 - 12:37 PM.

#39 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

I dont kwow now, my valve is white and looks to be nylon and I am perplexed because of the velocity that I had on a extremly hot day. I only shot it a few times at the chrono so I didnt get an average but it does shoot hot I thought it would be at around 350, and 434 is a long way from 350. I ordered from ASGI and it has a serial number with US at the end. I know it is a registered gun but I am just wondering why it would shoot that fast.

It was a High of 85 that day and I live above see level so that accounts for much of the deviation but still how can a gun chrono at 336fps chrono at 434fps unless asgi didnt fill the mag all the way and didnt let it warm up when they chrono'd it.

Edited by Vamp2269, 03 June 2010 - 05:41 PM.

#40 willus

willus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:54 AM

View PostVamp2269, on 03 June 2010 - 01:26 PM, said:

I dont kwow now, my valve is white and looks to be nylon and I am perplexed because of the velocity that I had on a extremly hot day. I only shot it a few times at the chrono so I didnt get an average but it does shoot hot I thought it would be at around 350, and 434 is a long way from 350. I ordered from ASGI and it has a serial number with US at the end. I know it is a registered gun but I am just wondering why it would shoot that fast.

It was a High of 85 that day and I live above see level so that accounts for much of the deviation but still how can a gun chrono at 336fps chrono at 434fps unless asgi didnt fill the mag all the way and didnt let it warm up when they chrono'd it.

I have a US KWA version as well and it has the nylon valve. It's just a solid white nylon peg. I measured the diameter and it's around 4.48mm.  I have 3 different valves with this thing - An NPAS(measures 4.35mm Dia), and the kwa/ksc Glock valve(it's very thin). I used the Glock valve at a game and got it up to 390+fps on .25 bbs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users