• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:03 PM

Ok. So I've posted a few FPS reading with my new KWA MP7 right?  And it's been clocking in at about 350-370 FPS with .20 KSC BB's.  And, I've gotten some higher readings too, but I had not taken the time to fill the clip, let it warm to room temp, and take initial FPS readings.  Up until know, everything I recorded was after firing a number of rounds, in a cool magazine.

Well, I filled my mag with green gas, loaded it with .25 G&G BB's and had a go.  Here are the results with .25 G&G BB's and .20 KSC BB's.

Everything was measure using an Xcortech X3200 chronograph.  I fired single rounds and waited several seconds (about 10) between shots.

Results

.20 KSC (in order 5 rounds)
408.6 FPS
401.4 FPS
401.6 FPS
400.3 FPS
396.5 FPS

ROF = 18.16

.25 G&G (in order 6 shots)

ROF = 17.72

Now, you need to be aware of the fact that I fired the .25's first and with less time between shots.  And I was not as consistent with the time between shots.  I think this accounts for the wider variation of FPS readings.  I then fired the .20's and, well my mind exploded!  The FPS data on this gun is stunning.  And, because there is a drop after just a few shots, I think it is a very good CQB gun.  It gets in a CQB range quickly!

When KWA says that the MP7 shoots 380+. they mean it!

I love this gun.  It's more fun to shoot than I can begin to describe.  

In my mind, and since I've spent some time with the gun, .25's are the way to go.  I hope to post some target performance data as soon as I have it  :punk:

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:00 PM

gcw360, on 05 November 2009 - 02:03 PM, said:

Ok. So I've posted a few FPS reading with my new KWA MP7 right? And it's been clocking in at about 350-370 FPS with .20 KSC BB's. And, I've gotten some higher readings too, but I had not taken the time to fill the clip, let it warm to room temp, and take initial FPS readings. Up until know, everything I recorded was after firing a number of rounds, in a cool magazine.

Well, I filled my mag with green gas, loaded it with .25 G&G BB's and had a go. Here are the results with .25 G&G BB's and .20 KSC BB's.

Everything was measure using an Xcortech X3200 chronograph. I fired single rounds and waited several seconds (about 10) between shots.

Results

408.6 FPS
401.4 FPS
401.6 FPS
400.3 FPS
396.5 FPS

ROF = 18.16

ROF = 17.72

Now, you need to be aware of the fact that I fired the .25's first and with less time between shots. And I was not as consistent with the time between shots. I think this accounts for the wider variation of FPS readings. I then fired the .20's and, well my mind exploded! The FPS data on this gun is stunning. And, because there is a drop after just a few shots, I think it is a very good CQB gun. It gets in a CQB range quickly!

I love this gun. It's more fun to shoot than I can begin to describe.

In my mind, and since I've spent some time with the gun, .25's are the way to go. I hope to post some target performance data as soon as I have it :punk:

For a total mind blowing experience, wait for the multi-stage upgrade kits. :D

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

Radix, on 05 November 2009 - 03:00 PM, said:

I am under the impression that a barrel upgrade/extension might boost things a bit and that it is in the works.

Now multi-stage implies more than one part...hmmmm, care to elaborate :whistle:?

#4 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

gcw360, on 05 November 2009 - 03:37 PM, said:

I am under the impression that a barrel upgrade/extension might boost things a bit and that it is in the works.

Now multi-stage implies more than one part...hmmmm, care to elaborate :whistle:?

Many internal parts need to be changed for the gun to reach it's full potential and upgrading to a TB barrel is just one of them. The most significant of the multi-stage kits is the HPV [high-power velocity] bolt. With just the HPV installed, my LE trainer easily chronos at 430 FPS with .20. :) The multi-stage kits including the HPV will be available early next year. These are genuine KWA upgrade parts not made by 3rd party vendors.

#5 MP7dad

MP7dad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

Radix, on 05 November 2009 - 04:53 PM, said:

Many internal parts need to be changed for the gun to reach it's full potential and upgrading to a TB barrel is just one of them. The most significant of the multi-stage kits is the HPV [high-power velocity] bolt. With just the HPV installed, my LE trainer easily chronos at 430 FPS with .20. :) The multi-stage kits including the HPV will be available early next year. These are genuine KWA upgrade parts not made by 3rd party vendors.

As great as that sounds, that doesn't help those that have to contend with field limits. I would like to see accuracy minded and external cosmetic upgrades first without pushing the FPS past CQB limit let alone Field limits.

Since I'm currently using this as a primary*, I'm at a disadvantage with regards to # of rounds I can fire, I get by with it by sticking with someone with an AEG (usually my son) and then I can just switch to semi and enter and clear a building without having to switch to a sidearm.

Nevertheless, I'm glad to hear KWA is working on upgrade parts for the MP7 as I'm starving for some.

*Well I did just get my new KG36C, but I'm sure there will be certain games/scenarios where I still will use the MP7 as my primary.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:27 PM

Well...I am all over that upgrade.  And yes, for those using the MP7 for cqb, this might be a option to avoid.  But that is why it's an option.  Can't wait.

Thanks for enlightening me :thumbsup:

#7 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

For the record.

We can upgrade.  And we can downgrade as well.   :icecream:

#8 4ss4ssin

4ss4ssin

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:26 PM

Radix, on 05 November 2009 - 03:00 PM, said:

MUST HAVE DRUM MAG! 100 ROUNDS BE SO BAD A

#9 galactica

galactica

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

You guys might be interested in the RA-TECH adjustable rocket valve.   It's $35 and available next week.

#10 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

Yeah... saw that video.  I'll reserve my comment until the product is out.    :innocent:

#11 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

I want these?...Its early 2010 where are they :) lol

#12 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

my gunchronos at around tree fifty and i gought it from a company in california does it get cold in california. and are there different versions with different valves that change the fps. i heard on a forum therre were like three sifferent kwa versions

#13 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:25 PM

There are more than three KWA versions.  But the only one we talk about is the US version here.

:whistle:

#14 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:00 PM

allizard, on 03 February 2010 - 06:25 PM, said:

There are more than three KWA versions.  But the only one we talk about is the US version here.

:whistle:
well then what version is mine that shoots 350fps a ordered it from airsoft gi and they are authorized resellers i just dont no what version it is. anyway could it have been a cold day when the chronoed it or somthing.

#15 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:07 PM

350 is right for the US market

You have the Umarex KWA USA version

there is

Taiwan  400 fps
Germany ? semi only
USA 350 fps
Japan 300 fps

4 diff versions

If you want more FPS like 400-450 get a rocket valve or wait for KWA to release its HPV Kit

#16 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:16 AM

MP7dad, on 05 November 2009 - 06:09 PM, said:

Since I'm currently using this as a primary*, I'm at a disadvantage with regards to # of rounds I can fire, I get by with it by sticking with someone with an AEG (usually my son) and then I can just switch to semi and enter and clear a building without having to switch to a sidearm.

I was just about to use my mp7 as a primary at my local field. I have one mag so I better Western style holster (2 guns, one on each side :thumbsup: ). How is the mp7 working out for you as a primary??

#17 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:01 AM

It is my primary now...LOL...whenever someone host a game again.  I have used it before it does pretty good. 75-100 feet. 150 too I guess but Not accurate

#18 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

I use mine as my sole primary against M4's and AK's on CQB and field games specially MILSIM and i can say they have never outgunned me(i have 7 mags). They would try to hose me down but whenever they hear the crack of the MP7 firing back specially on full auto, it gets their heads down.

#19 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

gcw360, on 05 November 2009 - 02:03 PM, said:

Ok. So I've posted a few FPS reading with my new KWA MP7 right? And it's been clocking in at about 350-370 FPS with .20 KSC BB's. And, I've gotten some higher readings too, but I had not taken the time to fill the clip, let it warm to room temp, and take initial FPS readings. Up until know, everything I recorded was after firing a number of rounds, in a cool magazine.

Well, I filled my mag with green gas, loaded it with .25 G&G BB's and had a go. Here are the results with .25 G&G BB's and .20 KSC BB's.

Everything was measure using an Xcortech X3200 chronograph. I fired single rounds and waited several seconds (about 10) between shots.

Results

408.6 FPS
401.4 FPS
401.6 FPS
400.3 FPS
396.5 FPS

ROF = 18.16

ROF = 17.72

Now, you need to be aware of the fact that I fired the .25's first and with less time between shots. And I was not as consistent with the time between shots. I think this accounts for the wider variation of FPS readings. I then fired the .20's and, well my mind exploded! The FPS data on this gun is stunning. And, because there is a drop after just a few shots, I think it is a very good CQB gun. It gets in a CQB range quickly!

I love this gun. It's more fun to shoot than I can begin to describe.

In my mind, and since I've spent some time with the gun, .25's are the way to go. I hope to post some target performance data as soon as I have it :punk:

Time to update this thread. I received my MP7 back from KWA today where my EdGI 6.03 TBB was installed. Thanks Spiggy, Jim and the team for taking such good care of the gun. I'll be testing it more but here are the initial results with a full mag at room temp (or slightly warmer it is about 74 degrees here today) and KSC .2 perfects:

436FPS-440FPS!!! Yikes it's a beautiful thing!:hithearts: Like I said I'll post more but wanted to get the initial readings out. :gun:

#20 willus

willus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:36 AM

gcw360, on 06 May 2010 - 02:09 PM, said:

Time to update this thread. I received my MP7 back from KWA today where my EdGI 6.03 TBB was installed. Thanks Spiggy, Jim and the team for taking such good care of the gun. I'll be testing it more but here are the initial results with a full mag at room temp (or slightly warmer it is about 74 degrees here today) and KSC .2 perfects:

436FPS-440FPS!!! Yikes it's a beautiful thing!:hithearts: Like I said I'll post more but wanted to get the initial readings out. :gun:

Any updates since getting the TBB? How's the accuracy? The FPS jump you got with just the 6.03 is amazing. Is this common for gas guns?  

I got my Mp7 last month and just love the thing and plan on fielding it at outdoor games for the summer.

Question to the developers - Any hints as to the ETA for the HPV kit? Will there be a TBB longer than 160mm?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users