• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 jedisalad

jedisalad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

4 Lemons?  I ordered 4 new mags.  All of them exhibited the same issue.  The stock mag worked fine with both the stock bolt and the low-power bolt.  All 4 of the new mags measured out tall (as in the photos) and ALL of them did not work without modification.  If it was just 1 mag, yes, I'd agree, but 4 in a row all doing the same exact thing and all measuring like in the example above?  That's a manufacturing issue.

#22 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,166 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

I agree.  It's definitely not a lemon if all 4 mags are giving issues.  The factory may have made some changes that we weren't aware of and for reasons unknown. It could have been a change requested by Umarex, who knows?   We will have to look into this.  
What is your serial number on the MP7?

#23 jedisalad

jedisalad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'm assuming that's the number on the bottom on the little silver plate.  It's 184.084700.  Purchased from Windhorse Airsoft in Las Vegas, NV on 8/15.   The mags were purchased a few days ago from www.airsoftgi.com.  Let me know if you need anything else.

#24 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,075 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

View Postjedisalad, on 23 August 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

I'm assuming that's the number on the bottom on the little silver plate.  It's 184.084700.  Purchased from Windhorse Airsoft in Las Vegas, NV on 8/15.   The mags were purchased a few days ago from www.airsoftgi.com.  Let me know if you need anything else.
The serial number is found on the right side, in front of the HK logo, above the bolt release lever.

#25 jedisalad

jedisalad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Um, for some reason there's no serial number.  There's an item no. on the box.  I included photos of both.  What gives?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,075 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

View Postjedisalad, on 25 August 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

Um, for some reason there's no serial number.  There's an item no. on the box.  I included photos of both.  What gives?

Posted Image

Posted Image
All I can guess is that it's the Umarex product, manufactured by KWA, but supported by Umarex.

#27 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:42 AM

Your MP7, like mine, has Umarex on the right side of the receiver above the ejection port.  Mine has a serial number, though.

Posted Image

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 26 August 2013 - 02:42 AM.

#28 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,075 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

View Postgcw360, on 25 August 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

All I can guess is that it's the Umarex product, manufactured by KWA, but supported by Umarex.

#29 jedisalad

jedisalad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

Just an update, I made the modification described on this thread to all of my new mags/followers and after having played 3 3-4 hour games I can say confidently that they are all now working properly without any issues.

#30 Andre Vieira

Andre Vieira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:33 AM

Hi, my name is André Vieira and i am from Portugal, in Europe. I have bought my brand new KWA MP7 to an Italian supplier called Safarasoftair and my 2 mags in Ehobbyasia. I am experiencing this problem with 3 brand new mags and the one that came with the weapon itself. None of the mags are able to push up the bb's normally therefore i have a piece of museum instead of a very robust milsim weapon system.
I've finally had the chance to test it properly and i have reached some conclusions that i would like to share with you:

1-When using ICS .20 bb all the mags run better, 1 of them (the one that came with the gun) runs all to the end and activates the lever that ends the cycle when last bb is fired, the other 2 that i have bought new jam the bb follower due to the fact that they face a bump on the magazine lips right when the metal ends and begins the plastic, its really noticeable.

2-When using ICS .25 bb in the one that came with the weapon it fires all the way nice but doesn't activate de lever that finishes the cycle when last bb is fired. The remaining 2 magazines jam as they do with 0,20 bb by the same reasons, the bump that spreads the metal from the plastic of the lips. Its so noticeable that you feel it while releasing the follower to try to make the bb pass so it isn't smooth at all.

I am preparing a video that i can share with KWA.

I have noticed that i can't register my product in KWA website and as far as i know from all the web searches i've made there's no European website for KWA consumers.
I ask you please for advise on this mather because i really don't know what to do now. I did not ever slammed the bb follower neither feeded the weapon with empty mags.

Thank you very much. Regards to you all.

Edited by Andre Vieira, 09 January 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#31 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,166 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:59 PM

Hey Andre
Welcome to the KWA Forums!  Nice to hear from airsoft enthusiasts from Portugal!  
I am sorry that you are experiencing problems with your new KWA product but let me suggest a few things before we dive into anything too technical.
First thing is that many times than not the quality of the bb's can cause feeding issues.  What I would suggest is to try several premium highly polished bb's for smooth feeding.  When bb's are not polished very well they can get hung up in the bb track in the magazine. I too have noticed that bb's that feed well in my AEGs do not feed well in my gas guns.
Next try taking a Q-tip and cleaning out the bb's load track with some rubbing alcohol.  Do this with the bb follower locked down at the bottom.  Keep cleaning until you get a clean Q-tip after swabbing.  You will notice that your first few will be very dirty.
Finally avoid releasing the bb follower when mag is empty. When bb followers are released while the mag is empty of bb's it can slam up into the top of the magazine and deform over time.  This will eventually lead to feeding issues and it will effect how the bolt lock is engaged when the last bb's is fired.
Try my suggestions and let me know how it works out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users