• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 jedisalad

jedisalad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

4 Lemons?  I ordered 4 new mags.  All of them exhibited the same issue.  The stock mag worked fine with both the stock bolt and the low-power bolt.  All 4 of the new mags measured out tall (as in the photos) and ALL of them did not work without modification.  If it was just 1 mag, yes, I'd agree, but 4 in a row all doing the same exact thing and all measuring like in the example above?  That's a manufacturing issue.

#22 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

I agree.  It's definitely not a lemon if all 4 mags are giving issues.  The factory may have made some changes that we weren't aware of and for reasons unknown. It could have been a change requested by Umarex, who knows?   We will have to look into this.  
What is your serial number on the MP7?

#23 jedisalad

jedisalad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'm assuming that's the number on the bottom on the little silver plate.  It's 184.084700.  Purchased from Windhorse Airsoft in Las Vegas, NV on 8/15.   The mags were purchased a few days ago from www.airsoftgi.com.  Let me know if you need anything else.

#24 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

View Postjedisalad, on 23 August 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

I'm assuming that's the number on the bottom on the little silver plate.  It's 184.084700.  Purchased from Windhorse Airsoft in Las Vegas, NV on 8/15.   The mags were purchased a few days ago from www.airsoftgi.com.  Let me know if you need anything else.
The serial number is found on the right side, in front of the HK logo, above the bolt release lever.

#25 jedisalad

jedisalad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Um, for some reason there's no serial number.  There's an item no. on the box.  I included photos of both.  What gives?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

View Postjedisalad, on 25 August 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

Um, for some reason there's no serial number.  There's an item no. on the box.  I included photos of both.  What gives?

Posted Image

Posted Image
All I can guess is that it's the Umarex product, manufactured by KWA, but supported by Umarex.

#27 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:42 AM

Your MP7, like mine, has Umarex on the right side of the receiver above the ejection port.  Mine has a serial number, though.

Posted Image

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 26 August 2013 - 02:42 AM.

#28 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

View Postgcw360, on 25 August 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

All I can guess is that it's the Umarex product, manufactured by KWA, but supported by Umarex.

#29 jedisalad

jedisalad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

Just an update, I made the modification described on this thread to all of my new mags/followers and after having played 3 3-4 hour games I can say confidently that they are all now working properly without any issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users