• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MP7dad

MP7dad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

So I finally broke down and ordered the KG36C, I was tired of waiting for the SR5, the KM4S is bit pricey for me considering it doesn't have a crane stock and has small battery capacity. Besides winter is coming and my only other gun is a GBB.

Another reason I broke down is I have an affinity for H&K stuff (must be the German blood in me, two German flags are coming with the AEG, now I need to add velcro to some Chilean flag patches). My first air soft gun was the new MP7 which I love using as a primary but winter is coming. I bought my son a KP45 and just love the thing, in fact, I liked it so much I went and checked out a real USP at the local gun shop. I just wish KWA made an UMP, MP5, and a 416.

So back to the original reason for the post.

Despite being a KWA, what are the typical or most commom wear items that may be worth carrying in a spare parts kit?

Has anyone found a good back-up for the hand guard pin?

Any recommendations for the eye bolt needed to set it up for a double sling.

Excluding FPS upgrades, what are the best upgrades for the KG36C (field limit is 400 fps)? If I wanted to play CQB (350 fps at local field), what's the best way to downgrade or reduce the fps?

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

I can't offer any advice on aftermarket parts, but I can surely offer a small protip for general use.

So far, the KG36c is the most stable and durable of the AEG line. At the center we have guns that were the first generation to hit the market, and we still use them regularly for skirmishing.  No modifications to the mechbox.  But as a heads up, I would watch out for the front wiring assembly, as many users have been known to (accidentally) cleave off the connectors when reinstalling the hand guard.  It can easily be avoided by being a little more careful.  This is a pretty universal problem with any KG36 type gun on the market on every brand due to the design of the forearm assembly.

#3 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

Best way to down grade the FPS is swap with a weaker spring like M100 for 350 fps.  If it is still shooting over than m90.

#4 MP7dad

MP7dad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 30 October 2009 - 09:20 AM, said:

I can't offer any advice on aftermarket parts, but I can surely offer a small protip for general use.

So far, the KG36c is the most stable and durable of the AEG line. At the center we have guns that were the first generation to hit the market, and we still use them regularly for skirmishing.  No modifications to the mechbox.  But as a heads up, I would watch out for the front wiring assembly, as many users have been known to (accidentally) cleave off the connectors when reinstalling the hand guard.  It can easily be avoided by being a little more careful.  This is a pretty universal problem with any KG36 type gun on the market on every brand due to the design of the forearm assembly.

Thanks for the tip, once the warranty was over, I was planning on installing a Deans as well. I put a Deans in my son's M14 and its worked out well.

#5 MP7dad

MP7dad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:35 PM

View Postallizard, on 30 October 2009 - 09:20 AM, said:

Best way to down grade the FPS is swap with a weaker spring like M100 for 350 fps.  If it is still shooting over than m90.

Thanks! If I'm over 400 fps out of box ( I've heard this varies slight gun to gun) I'll probablly start with the m90.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users