• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 the canadian

the canadian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:17 AM

I was always told to fire my gun in full-auto before storing it, to take pressure off the spring. I have noticed in a few KWA forums that it is suggested to fire your gun in semi-auto before storing it. Is this due to something different with KWA guns compared to other brands, or was I just misinformed from the beginning.

#2 wizdum

wizdum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:28 AM

View Postthe canadian, on 28 October 2009 - 11:17 AM, said:

I was always told to fire my gun in full-auto before storing it, to take pressure off the spring. I have noticed in a few KWA forums that it is suggested to fire your gun in semi-auto before storing it. Is this due to something different with KWA guns compared to other brands, or was I just misinformed from the beginning.

You were misinformed from the beginning. You always fire an AEG on semi-auto a few times before putting it away. When the gun is fired on semi-auto, the piston makes a complete cycle and rests with the spring decompressed. When firing on full-auto, without a mosfet, the piston will stop wherever it happens to be when you let go of the trigger.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:25 PM

View Postthe canadian, on 28 October 2009 - 11:17 AM, said:

Ditto!! :gun:

#4 the canadian

the canadian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

good to know, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users