Horrible leaking problem and double feeding problem.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 adog12341

adog12341

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:26 PM

Ok, I have a kp45, and I love it to death, but the mags are giving me a real tough time. First of all, one of my 2 mags barely hold enough gas to shoot a full mag, and even then, the recoil is horribly weak and the slide barely goes back. The second problem is that on my other mag, it leaks gas out of the gas ejection port at an alarming rate, it empies in about 30 seconds. My gun also double/triple/quad feeds, its not that its loading 4 bbs in at once(thats impossible :)), its that one bb dosen't fire, gets pushed out of the chamber by the next bb, and the next dosen't shoot, and so on. Any way to fix that, my bucking is a bit ripped, if that helps.

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

if you bucking is ripped you need to replace it.  otherwise, not only your shot isn't accurate.  It'll not completely seal the air flow.
As for leaking back.  where is it coming from?  Get a bucking of water... put the mag fill with gas and drop it in.  then watch where is the bubble coming form.

Let us know.

#3 adog12341

adog12341

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

It's comming from the rubber on top of the mag, behind the loading lip.  The guys on the airsoftgi forum said that my o rings may be worn out, but i lubed them just before I filled up the mag and it leaked.

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:31 PM

if they are worn out, lubing them will not help you.  You'd be putting oil on something that doesn't exist anymore.

Are you local to GI?

#5 adog12341

adog12341

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

I'm about half the country away... :( I took out the flow valve, all the o rings seemed to be fine. I lube them about every week or so, so idk how they could be worn out.

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

spot the inside for O-ring fragments.  Because that's a "high traffic" spot, the oring would be eaten and dispelled to other bits of the mag/gun.   Also, are you using a valve key? there is a likelihood that using a plain flat screwdriver will damage the stem of the release valve.

#7 adog12341

adog12341

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:49 PM

No, I'm not using a valve key, could never find a cheap one :( I'll make sure to check for o ring frag.    Oh, great, now my other mag is leaking :(  :angry: Is there any high flow valves for the kp45? I wan't two for my mags!

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:13 AM

you know, you can send them to the tech center and have them inspected and repaired. :thumbsup:

#9 adog12341

adog12341

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hows much? Just a few dollars and postage?

#10 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

for the most part, it's gonna be just parts and postage.  depending on the parts, probably between $12 and 20 plus postage.

Phone in and ask the call center.  1.626.581.1777 The office closes at 5:30PM Pacific Time

#11 adog12341

adog12341

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:24 AM

Ok, thanks. But when I was on uncompany.com, I was looking at valves, and it was for like all the ksc pistols, the m series, 1911 series, and usp series, would it fit in my kp45? http://www.airsoftgi...products_id=581 it was similar to this.

#12 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

I wouldn't modify the gun/magazine from stock configuration.  It tweaks with the balancing in the design.  

Also, I had one of those valves on a KP8, I really didn't see any performance increase, though the gas mileage seriously went down.

Be less of a headache to send it to the factory people for a complete diagnostic.

Your call. <_<

#13 adog12341

adog12341

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:05 PM

Ok, I'll send them in when I get some extra cash. Thanks for your help!

#14 Kalock

Kalock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

Any word on when buckings will be in stock for the KP45?  My bucking failed after only a few mags and I would love to replace it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users